vib666

Save me from skoda

We should have a Watchdog for Automobile service in our country to assist consumers in trouble when manufacturers try to play around. and the courts are no so user-friendly  and approachable in our country... am sure even bigger brands will do the same to play around with Indian consumers.  

I was also the one who is waiting for Fabia... but..
well Skoda has already lost a customer..

A cust??? not A dear but Many who know the true color of SKoda

regards' date='

priya
[/quote']

Am another one to join the list!. I had asked for help in thinking me through in deciding a premium hatch elsewhere in this forum - but the above has made me decide against the fabia for sure

Praveen

i think a clutch problem may be also from sudden braking ... in which the company is not to be blamed.... i think having a look at the broken cluth plate an expert can tell how did it happen

sorry got confused a bit.... i meant gear shifting like once this happended with me, i was on a drive with my dad, we were doing 150 km.... when my dad slowed down and changed the gear ... accidently he changed to fourth gear at 130km and clutch plate broke....

I think you got saddled with a bad piece! Just get rid of it as soon as it gets running again or u'll suffer through out its life.

Meanwhile, i think you should also take up this matter with government Consumer protection agencies. Companies cannot get away with selling such an expensive product and then saying this is not included, that is not included.

Bad Press is what all these companies really worry about, so the louder you can shout, the faster your problem will be solved, maybe even with a replacement!

friend good that u got it replaced free of cost,

well i have a similar problem and need ur help.

my octavia's clutch stopped working and now they tell me that fly wheel is damaged need to be replaced cost 60,000 rs.

reason for it clutch over ridding which never happened.

help me with this

friend good that u got it replaced free of cost' date='

well i have a similar problem and need ur help.

my octavia's clutch stopped working and now they tell me that fly wheel is damaged need to be replaced cost 60,000 rs.

reason for it clutch over ridding which never happened.

help me with this
[/quote']

i got my clutch of octavia changed too due to the same problem clutch over ridding..... though the fly wheel was saved so only had to spend 20k.......

if you could tell me....
1. tachometer reading
2. how old is it(month & yr. of maf. and month & yr. of sale )
3. how and when did the clutch broke
4. in which city (showroom) are you registered and in which city(showroom) is your car currently/ or the one you took it to.
5. how much on a average do you drive on highway and in city

if you could give these info. i can guide you futher

Clutch over riding means smaller size clutch/pressure plate combo used or manufacturing defect in pressure plate makes the clutch loose its grip over the flywheel, this is a common Skoda ailment and apart from Skoda getting its ass sued and acknowledging it, nothing else can be done. This isn't Toyota or Honda which in their humility will acknowledge their fault and rectify it. After all, its German engineered Skoda, superior to all, above fault and maladies. smiley2.gif

keep all your repair bills, and any other paperwork that you can use as proof when the time comes. Also keep a log of who you spoke to at krishna auto and what they said. this will help if you decide to go to the consumer court.

ps: maybe its time to change your profile pic. bugatti is owned by VW which in turn owns Skoda :)

hey u should just go to the consumer court coz its no use fighting with the company. ur case is strong nd d verdict will most probably in your favour !!! so go ahead nd put skpda back on line

Only given the speed of our legal system by the time all the appeals are over, may be your great grand children will benefit!