ojasbond

Left Hand Drive shroud

Hi
My father owns a Santro Xing Automatic. Since he is a right arm amputee,the switch combination (stalks) that is being used are left hand drive's.This required a excess cutting of plastic in the shroud. Now i have a doubt. Can the shroud of the lhd can be put over the steering mound so that it suits the combination? Also i learn that the ignition knob(key hole) is on the right side even for lhd's. If yes how/where can i get it.?
PL help

Thread moved: to the right section.
BornFree2011-02-03 16:43:30

Switch combination stalk, are you talking of direction indicator stalk? I think the transfer of ignition switch & indicator stalk to left side of steering should be doable. Many people get the whole steering system transferred from left(left hand driven cars/jeeps) to right, so this should be easily possible.

Board members who have experience with this should be able to guide better & also of specific workshops in & around Chennai.

ojasbond

there are plenty of garages that do the conversions. I would advice you to contact Hyundai first, the company might also help you with it.

As for the starter, i would suggest you put and after-mart start and stop button.

You can contact Kamlesh Patel of Electra performance. This work shop was the one of the first Hyundai workshops to train technicians. It was previously known as Electra Hyundai. I doubt any Hyundai dealer will be able to do it; neither are they going to approve of such changes as it will definitely void warranty unless you get HMIL to do it at their factory, as a special case.

Electra Automotive (Madras) Pvt Ltd.

4/952, Old Mahabalipuram Road,

Kottivakkam

Chennai 600 096

India.

fax: +91 44 24543993

mobile: +919884049268

+91 044 24540891

electraperformance@gmail.com

contact person is Kamlesh Patel.