dr_nishu

My Alto LXi: Gone through Anti-Ageing treatment

Last Weekend My 2005 Alto LXi have also gone through Major yet Routine & Scheduled repairs after Successfully clocking 75k kms of All type of Drving styles, conditions & Terrains.

dsc00007mq.jpg

(Pic: My Alto during Washing Session)

Service Jobs already done 2 months ago: Air Filter Replacement @70k kms,

Jobs Done: Complete Service with Oil change, All joints lubrication, Essential Bush-Bearings change & Many more.

Total time taken for Repairs: From 12:00 Noon to 7:00PM evening.

Total expenses with Labour charges: ~Rs.5000 only.

Final Result: Car is working like New again.

Steering Wheel, Gearshifter FreePlay gone away.

Good work. Post the service details if possible. My self done anti rust is doing well. How is your Alto's underbody ?

Now that it has already clocked 75k km, try getting a performance filter.

Some more Details about her Service Details:

-Replaced Faulty Oxygen Sensor at MASS few months back @Rs.2500 only(with labour charges).

-At the same time Replaced Air Filter too with the Genuine one for the first time @70k kms.

So No room yet for Performance one yet for another 5k kms(please note sb).

Also at the same time I don't want to Rip its engine more, as its already having very limited BHPs & Torque to play with. Instead I would buy like to buy another car soon, probably a Torquey Diesel one.

Repairs done this time:

1) Engine & Transmission:

-Engine Oil change @12k kms with Oil filter change.

Brand of Oil used Castrol GTX.

-Brake Oil completely Replaced.

-Spark Plugs cleaned.

-Air Filter Cleaned.

-Engine & its bay completely Washed.

-Gear Rod linkage Removed with Replaced Articulating bushes & Lubricated it.

-Clutch cable removed & Lubricated completely.

2) Suspension: 

-Driver Side Lower Control Arm Replaced(as the earlier was Bent & Cracked).

-Rubber Bushes replaced & each Joint Greased.

3) Steering Column:

-Steering Column taken out, thoughly Greased with Replaced Rack Bushes & Tie-Rod end bushes/boots also changed.

4) Brakes:

-Front Disc Pins cleaned & Greased(with TVS one).

-Front Disc Pads Replaced.

-Rear Brake V-Cylinders changed of both sides, as one of it was leaking(with Burst seal)& one was Jammed.

5) Interiors:

-Thoroughly Cleaned & Polished every Nook & bit of it.

-ICE Serviced with Cleaned Wires, Couplers, Terminals.

-Rear Sony Xplod Speakers taken out, Cleaned, Checked & Re-Installed.

Thanks for a neat update Doc Sa'ab!! It definitely helps all of the Alto owners over here!

You have got a thorough checkup done of your machinery which not only enhances the car's life, but also yours.

smiley2.gif

Please let us know about the time after which you got the brake pads replaced. The polishing of the interiors gives a new look to the cars, and the polish smell adds to the mood ! Also shed some more light on the Gear Rod Linkage thing that you have got done!

Happy Altoing !!

Its always a pleasure to drive a car after service. Enjoy' date=' take a long driving holiday, no better time to take a car for a long drive than just after a complete service. [/quote']

Yes, its become more Pleasurable to drive now, but l'll bit of Steering Heaviness & Rubber-iness in Gearshifter is there.

Probably go once after the New bushes gets settle into their Position.

I'm planning for Long Trip too but not now, probably in May-end or June.

Will probably Head towards Manali-Rohtang Pass or Dharamshala-Macleodganj.

Please let us know about the time after which you got the brake pads replaced. The polishing of the interiors gives a new look to the cars' date=' and the polish smell adds to the mood ! Also shed some more light on the Gear Rod Linkage thing that you have got done!

Happy Altoing !![/quote']

I've Replaced my Alto's Brake pads 2nd time now. Originals were replaced very late at around 40-45k kms with nothing left in them, while 2nd ones are Replaced now.

Yes, Interiors are thorougly Polished, even l'll bit of smell was there but I usually drive with 2-3mm of Front Windows Glasses always Open, So that helped.

Rest, Gear Rod linkage is the Actuating Mechanism of its Gearshifter, which is Exclusively for Alto 800cc's only, in which the Gear-shifter is connected to the Gear-box by a set of Rods.

But You don't worry dude, since your K10 comes with Cable-Operated Gear-Shifting Mechanism, which is far smoother & Maintenance friendly(as Whole of the Gear-shifter Articulating assembly lies inside the Cabin of a car) than the earlier one.

So, Enjoy Smoother Gear-shifter for a longer time.