tejasmehta990

Honda's Future

Honda Motors is seems to be out of show since some time as there are no new launches and no major upgrades to their existing lot.

It seems that Honda is preparing itself for BRIO but what about other vehicles for which Honda has become much loved vehicle manufacturing company in India ? 

To spruce-up the current line-up Honda should

(1) introduce more powerful JAZZ with  either of the following engines

-1.5L (SOHC) 4 cylinder, 16 valve i-VTEC Engine of Honda City   OR  1.8L SOHC i-VTEC Engine which is powering Civic

- Face lift with smart body kit.

(2) Should bring in Diesel Honda CR-V to compete with existing (Captiva, Fortuner) as well as new entrants (Aria) and expected launches (Mahindra's Global SUV W201)

(3) New Civic to compete with Kizashi, Laura etc....

- If New Civic is also offered with Diesel option (seems like a distant dream) than there would be a serious competition for the Cruze which is right now enjoying almost mopolistic position.

- Should promote Hybrid Civic extensively with attractive discounts as this car is helping to boost Honda's Image.

(4) City is fine and also performing well so may be no change is required only some minor upgrades will keep it moving.

(5) Accord also still look fresh only if Honda introduce diesel option which will attract more clients to Accord.

as far as I know Odyssey is a USDM product and its only made LHD. There is another Odyssey for JDM ( Japan Market) which is a little smaller and RHD and more in line with our Innova. But i think it lacks a diesel motor. Honda also has another model called Stream which is a little smaller than Odyssey, but again i think it lacks diesel engine. If honda starts building its range of iCDTI engine range locally then it could benifit them a lot, esp in countries like India

Internationally Honda is in a downward trend,a company which was known for it's engines have not launched a new engine for quite a long time now.The Germans and Koreans have overtaken them in engine technology.Their designers are useless,look at the new Civic2011.In India they may survive a bit longer because of the upcoming small car but the lack of small diesel engine won't make matters smooth  

Honda has introduced Jazz Hybrid 2011 recently and if Honda introduce in India Jazz with exterior design matching with Jazz Hybrid 2011 along with more powerful engine may help Honda to spurce-up the sale.

2011-Honda-Jazz-Hybrid-Front-Side-590x39

Honda+Jazz+2011+Live+in+Paris.jpg

Or else current Jazz should be offered with substantial price reductions and should be price closely to the new upcoming Brio so that consumer get an option to choose in between two Honda hatchbacks just like Maruti Swift / Ritz. .

Currently I feel Honda CITY is the most promising vehicle from Honda's offerings in India.

There seems very low enthusiasm at Honda for the most successful CR-V as there is not even any news for CR-V upgrade (engine / interior / exterior) even in international established markets. 

The New Civic (on basis of unofficial pictures) is also seem to be not as exciting as the current Civic sold in market. The new Civic has been given a serious look instead of the sporty one which was defining it's character.

tejasmehta9902011-02-07 05:00:04

Honda is really going down in almost all segments in all markets.

I think there is only one reason for its downward growth ie. the lack of tie ups with other car companies.

This is the age of mergers, tie ups, take overs and all those sort of co-operation. Honda is very conservative and does not want to have any technology or platform sharing like its  Japanese counterparts like Nissan with Renault, Mitsubishi with PSA Peugeot Citroen, Toyota with Subaru, Mazda with Ford, Suzuki with VW etc.

If they go for such relationships they can definitely get more models, more engines especially diesels and various common platforms. This can bring down the cost they are spending on the R&D and also on the parts. This can directly bring down the price and can penetrate more into all segments in all the markets.

It's too late in the day to convince buyers about it's diesel tech; it should bring in low cost hybrid variants of the Civic, Accord and CR-V. I don't know why Honda isn't bringing it's only diesel engine: 2.2 TCDI to power at least it's Accord and CR-V. I have a feeling it has lost the plot completely with it's new Civic, compared to the present model I'd say it looks hideous.

I don't know why Honda isn't bringing it's only diesel engine: 2.2 TCDI to power at least it's Accord and CR-V. I have a feeling it has lost the plot completely with it's new Civic' date=' compared to the present model I'd say it looks hideous. [/quote']

CR-V costs as much as 24 lac ex-showroom already and a diesel mill would add anything around 2-3 lakhs on the ex-showroom price. Why would anyone buy a honda cr-v for 26-27 lakhs ?