Streethawk

Car logos getting stolen! Any solution?

Recently, I saw lot of new & old cars without the manufacturer's logo. The logos are getting stolen & being sold in accessory market. Saw Merc, VW, Skoda & even Suzuki logos missing.

Can anything be done to prevent this theft? And if in case, the logo gets stolen, is there any workaround like duplicate logos or stickers that can be used?

This is regular phenomenon in area where I stay and most famous ones are VW and Skoda.

The solution to this problem is to connect the logos with electrical system which sound alarm if someone tries to pull it.

Other solution is to screw it from inside. 

I also think Fevikwik if appended to the logo helps it STICK and live longer with the car it comes with.

Car vandalism is of late attaining menacing proportions. Just the other day some goons broke the windscreen glasses of some cars parked outside in our neighbourhood for no reason but for some sadistic pleasure. A swift owner found out that he will be poorer by Rs 5K and it will take 2 days for the MASS to do the job.

A few months back some children in their teens in a group had broken windscreen glasses of 30 cars in the Shankar Nagar locality, in West Nagpur all parked outside. they were arrested and said it was for the thrill. They were coming back from somewhere in the dead of the night and one of them first broke a windscreen. The shattering sound of glass "thrilled" them it seems. They then took "joy" in shattering some 30 car windscreens.

Hooligans I say. Logo market is hot among the autorickshaw and taxiwalla. Often see such with lots of real logos and I do not think that they pay 5K for one such. So stealing is a good business. 

I would suggest that those who have lost the logos of their cars should not go for purchasing again, atleast for some time. If there is no demand for these logos then this theft will automatically reduce. It does make the car look ugly but now there are hundreds of such cars on the road. smiley1.gif

I think the car manufacturers should again resort to the age old proven

method of manufacturing the logo in solid metal with at least four or many

more  (depending on the logo dimension) appended bolts on the logo

fitting four or more holes as desired on the car's body. The screws/nuts can

be tightened from the other side to adhere to the car's body. This

system is followed by the older cars.

The vandals must sure have a

tougher time stealing these nut-bolt affixed kind of logos. The normal

plastic or light metal ones with stickers make these vandals have the

whale of a time stealing logos.

I think this will give some good results....

Kids stealing car logos, city NGO gives parents tips

Sat May 07 2011, 02:02 hrs,Surat

After a string of incidents in which school children were caught stealing logos of luxurious cars, a city-based NGO has distributed over 18,000 pamphlets in the last three days, requesting parents to keep a watch on their children.

A few months ago, police had caught over 25 students, all minors, stealing logos from luxurious cars parked on the roadside and and in commercial complexes. They were let off with a warning. Among those were also a few minors who work in garages.

Dinesh Patel, a member of Disha Foundation, thought of this idea to educate parents. Patel himself had caught a few students taking out logos from cars in Katargam and Umra area and handed them over to the police.

The NGO, over the last three days, distributed pamphlets among parents who had come for collecting result cards of their children in in different schools.

Patel said,

In my views:

You need nothing except a gurkha to have a look at your car(As suggested by Durango)....reason..you people are talking about cars.My pulsar's complete fuel tank Bajaj and 3-d Pulsar logo were scratched off once..

In chennai  there are many cars without car logos especially skodas,mercs...etc.and the logo costs are too high when you want to replace it.and the logos which are stoled are going to some local markets here in chennai.(moore market,parrys etc.).if you dont want to spend 5000-10000 for a logo you can go there and get it.it may be around 500-1000.Thats the best way for replacing a stolen logo.

if you dont want to spend 5000-10000 for a logo you can go there and get it.it may be around 500-1000.Thats the best way for replacing a stolen logo.
Buying those logo's from local shops encourages theft. So, instead either i will do with cheap stickers/imitation or get a new one from the dealer.