Pranab*

Laura problem?

Its been little over one year since I got my laura, couple of weeks back I sent it for my first servicing, The cars runs very smoothly, no problems except this one - Yesterday I was at this parking lot and had to make a complete u-turn, i noticed when turning the steereing wheel to its extent, it was making some sound, felt wierd!  I turned again and that sound of turning was there, Never faced this issue before ?

Also when I press my brakes the car makes noise from behind or something, the break noise has always been there..

Just wondering if this is normal ?

No salutation please. Spelling & punctuation corrected: MOD

sgiitk2011-02-11 08:19:10

In full lock there may be some noise from the steering wheel, not to be bothered about. Brakes: could be some dust in the pads may require cleaning. check it out at the next service. It's within warranty so have it checked out.

@cyrus - can you elaborate it please.Sometimes My cars steering wheel feels heavy sometimes light and on turning steering wheel in stationary position there is a old car door sound , is it due to stopper?

@Spock

I had this problem on my Alto. SG sir asked me to check the rack and pinion setup. Turned out to be the exact problem. It was due to pinion wear. Now that it is rectified, things are smooth now. Better check steering setup if alignment and power steering have no issues.

@Pranab:

Have you felt the noise from the steering when its nearing the full lock,because I too have felt it 3-4 times while parking when the steering nears the full lock position,rest my Laura is keeping me smiling...with 7k on th odo,not even a single problem yet.Even happy with A.S.S and response from Skodas.