aningbo

help with used car - Mahindra Scorpio

I'm in Delhi and looking for a Mahindra Scorpio. After a little search, i found one for about 3 lakhs.

It is a Turbo 2.6 DX 2003 model. the things that surprises me is that the car doesn't have power window and no cladding! Is this alright?

It has driven 102000 km already. Could you guys suggest anything? thank you.

do you think the km driven is a little too much? i mean is 102000+ km still okay? how long do u think the engine would last. the clutch and everything seems to be fine. it is driven by a driver for a company.

exactly, 102000 km is a lot too much.... more than this any engine would have more maintanence cost from yur pocket... may be thats the reason the company is selling the car! and this makes the price tag sound expensive to me...

The Scorpio engine is shot by 80,000km, if well maitained you would still need top end work by 100,000km. Electricals are hugely problematic. The front suspension starts eating tires on some batches of Scorpio. Don't think is a good value for Rs.4L

it is very difcult to find a very well maintained Scorpio on your budget , please sacrifice your ideas on Bolero , Just try to Extend your budget and make it a veryy good buy , please have a second thought

regards,

Priya

yes I've started searching for Bolero or Gypsy instead. I'm looking only for 4 Wheel drive since i'll be using to drive in the rough roads.

gypsy would be the best pick...its cheap,easy to maintain and you can drive it without worrying for bills,but do check if the spares are still available......

yes I've started searching for Bolero or Gypsy instead. I'm looking only for 4 Wheel drive since i'll be using to drive in the rough roads.

Gypsy will be a better buy and will come under your budget too

regards,

Priya

Dude , the Gypsy will be a much better buy , the Gypsy ahs a very good image but only thing is its having a petrol engine , if you can affford it then look for no other

Cheerssmiley20.gif