dr_nishu

Mitsubishi Outlander: 5 Guinness Records

Here comes the things of Surprise from one of the Best, Driver-friendly yet Most Understated Japaneese Auto Manufacturer -The Mitsubishi.

And they've done with their New Outlander is Simply simply Applaudable.

2010_mitsubishi_outlander_gt_images_main

She have set 5 Guinness World Records of Automotive World in 24hours at Alberta, Canada which is amongst one of the Dangerous Frozen Snow-covered Terrains of the World. 

She've achieved;

-Best Braking World Record.

-Cornering World Record.

-Reversing World Record.

-Speed World Record.

-Slalom World Record.

Here's below the link to Video showing the Outlander in Action;

One of the best performing vehicle but due to it's price and image it is not burning the sales chart.

Just like Volvo Mitsubishi is failing to catch the attention among the mass.

The reason for the failure seems to be wrong pricing and dependence on import which is resulting into increase in cost upto 105% and that is just going into Govt's kitty and neither company is benefiting nor the end buyer.

With the recent upgrade its looks real good and mean especially when seen headlong at night with headlamps on. The only Mitsubishi dealership in Chennai is in my neighbourhood. The 2.4 (Hyundai derived) Theta engine must be a real guzzler. This engine shares bits with the present 2.4 gasoline under the hood of the Sonata Trasnform.

I see no point for a company to sell just 20-30 premium SUVs. At the moment, they don't seem to be serious about Indian Market.

First they have to come out with a entry hatch, premium diesel hatch(and its CS version) and the latest lancer to atleast be in Indian Race.

Nothing to say. A big smile while reading this. I always prefer mitsubishi for its Safety concern, and outstanding handling. My family is planning for the next SUV. Planned to sale the endeavour. I would like to own the Outlander,but price concern is really a big deal. "I LOVE MITSUBISHI"

All the ignorant Mitsubishi has to do is:

1. Bring in the 7 seater Outlander and plonk it with a 2.0 PD Diesel they have with manual transmission. They should also bring in CKD to bring the prices to 18-20 lakhs.

2. Bring the new Lancer.

3. Bring the Pajero Sports as soon as possible.

4. And Bring that Outlander based crossover and pit it against the Yeti.

5. Increase the dealership network.

Mitsubishis are simply the best driving cars available at their price point.After my TD experiences of Pajero,Montero,Cedia and Outlander I do feel that the Outlander is simply a brilliant machine,I simply love the way this car handles and the long feature list is simply great.

Only problem is the lack of a diesel powerplant,hoping Mitsubishi soon introduces it too because I feel that this car can really change the Mits's image here in India from an understated brand..

Mitsubishi needs to stop producing old veterans like the lancer and cedia and bring in the new lancer, pajero sport, rvr and a small hatchback and its sedan version(Mitsubishi Colt anyone?)

Oh! And break the JV with HM and start anew

All the ignorant Mitsubishi has to do is:
1. Bring in the 7 seater Outlander and plonk it with a 2.0 PD Diesel they have with manual transmission. They should also bring in CKD to bring the prices to 18-20 lakhs.

With tighter Emissions Roping in' date=' PD Diesels are the thing of past now.

Instead a Good Common-Rail 1.8 or 2.0litre engine with around 140+PS will Suit it better.

Oh! And break the JV with HM and start anew

Mitsubishi is in the talks with Nissan India for its Manufacturing Plant, Dealer & AfSS Sharing.

So, hoping Mitsubishi will be having a bright future ahead.

dr_nishu2011-02-12 18:12:09

With the recent upgrade its looks real good and mean especially when seen headlong at night with headlamps on. The only Mitsubishi dealership in Chennai is in my neighbourhood. The 2.4 (Hyundai derived) Theta engine must be a real guzzler. This engine shares bits with the present 2.4 gasoline under the hood of the Sonata Trasnform.

This SUV is a real good looker among all Suv's in India' date=' & besides it's carved out a niche in the Suv market because of its features, which are a steal at this price. The sonata theta engine is the same, but this SUV with its CVT is really nice to drive, and is not so much of a guzzler when compared to the 2.4 CR-V automatic.

I see no point for a company to sell just 20-30 premium SUVs. At the moment, they don't seem to be serious about Indian Market. First they have to come out with a entry hatch, premium diesel hatch(and its CS version) and the latest lancer to atleast be in Indian Race.

Something is better than nothing in this case! Mitsubishi better get a smooth Crdi for this and keep its appeal going. Otherwise it would end up going... smiley6.gif
vr.462011-02-13 16:43:30

Shark like front grill is stunning but hatchback car like rear stying is not acceptable for Indian SUV buyers.Indian need SUVs with King of the Road feelings. That looks made Safari,Scorpio and Fortuner to become most desired SUVs in India.