Sign in to follow this  
sham

AC Issues

Hi all,

I have a Fiat punto (mjt) and i always felt that the AC was not as powerful as most of the other cars I've sat in. This becomes more evident in the current temperature which soars to 31C

I wanted to know if the this is a genuine case or is it something wrong only with my car.

I am having to run the AC at almost full power to cool the cabin. My cousin owns an Ikon and always said that it literally blasts cool air on his face. At my end though, no such luck...

Can anyone pls comment?

Also would be helpful to see if there are any AC care that needs to be taken to increase the efficiency( apart from parking it in shade)

PS: to add to this my car is Black...

Thank you guys...

But is there anything specific i can ask those folks to check. Just to show them that I know something.. (Fiat A.S.S is ok and I'm fortunate to have a good team working in the showroom I go to , but still if i show them that I know something perhaps they will take me more seriously and do a better job.)

@sham;

Since you own a Punto 1.3 MjD version, whereas Fiat is Replacing the AC kits of 1.4l Punto & Linea Petrol.

Even though I'd advice you to get your car Inspected once at T-FASC within Warranty as some Puntos are Reported with the Complaints of Leaking AC refrigerating Gas at Engine bay-Cabin Joint. While some of the Tata Indica Vista cars also have complaints of Defective AC compressors, Since Tata-Fiat Share its Vendors & Assembly line, so chances of the latter can't be totally Ruled out.

So, do get your Punto clearly Inspected under Strict Supervision & don't try leave their ASC without the Problem Unresolved.

Plus Another fact, Black coloured car usually heats up more than light shaded car. probably by around 1-2 degrees Celsius.

Yes, I know that and hence I explicitly stated it becuase I thought it could be that my AC if fine but since the color is black im having issues.. but by seeing these posts i think otherwise.

1-2C should not be too much as well...

Anyway thanks for your replies will be heading to the showroom shortly..

Thank you all