TAUREAN CZAR

Refreshed plans for FIAT: Tata

well i did also deal with Tata motors and wouldn't write off their A.S.S (atleast here in Bombay). With their collaboration with Tata, Fiat has learnt alot about Indian mentality. They lowered prices of their spares also.

We as car fanatics know these facts, but a normal guy who needs his car to go from point A to B doesn't. He looks at the company and its past. This is when Fiats collaboration with Tata is vital.

On problems with Punto and Linea, they had niggling issue's with the cars. It is all over the Web portal. Fiat also wasn't reacting to the new launches and price drops this is what added to their miseries.

As far as dealership issue is concerned. Untill and unless FIAT can have its own large netwrok of individual dealership its better to make agreement with present Tata dealership and offer them extra soaps to sell their cars.

Whose decision is it, if its Fiat's, its not a good one! Fiat needed to strengthen its service network & not sales first. Lack of focus will not get the desired results. Loss is going to be Fiats, they were getting free publicity with Tata.

Moreso Fiat should have been concentrating on how to face the present & coming competition. Most of manufacturers are coming out with facelifts, new models, etc. No such news from Fiat's end!

So this is another step in the wrong direction.

Selling your cars on the same floor as Tata was a bad decision to begin with. So was pairing up with Tata to provide parts and A.S.S. None of these things have been a successful venture for Fiat.

I think its the right move but a little too late maybe.

New models from Fiat are expected in 2012. Lets see what response they are able to garner. As a potential customer I would continue to be vary because of Tata involvement.

Finally common sense prevailed for Fiat. They should have done this long back. Even while they went for the tie up, they should have slowly increased the showrooms. Planning now to cover 20 cities sounds pathetic. This sounds reactive rather than proactive. What do the top paid management do?

Guys heres the Good news confirmation!

and this is the link that reads the below......  http://www.telegraphindia.com/1110907/jsp/business/story_14475037.jsp

Fiat sales plan shuts out Tatas

OUR SPECIAL CORRESPONDENT

07zzways.jpg

New Delhi, Sept. 6: The five-and-half-year old Tata-Fiat distribution alliance for cars has finally collapsed.

Fiat India Automobiles Ltd

I think Fiat can be likened to Robert Bruce in it's perseverance to 'crack' the Indian auto market. Funny, that even after decades of existence it doesn't even have a 'toe hold' here and is dangling by the skin of it's teeth to survive here. Do you think two Fiat Cafe's in two cities is going to make client's jump with joy and start buying Fiat car's? I think this will be the last straw before it's goes into BIFR.Durango Dude2011-09-10 11:26:35

Fiat should bring in new cars if they are opening exclusive cafe in metro cities.

Fiat already have well established manufacturing and assembling facility in India so for them bringing in new cars through CKD route as per customer's requirements is not very difficult.

They should offer through their cafe

Freemont - 7 Seater to compete with Innova , Tata Aria

Fiat-Freemont-580x357.jpg

fiat-freemont-numeri-record_20110806_113

BRAVO  or PUNTO EVO (To compete in Premium Hatchback segment)

Bravo

2007-Fiat-Bravo-11.jpg

Punto Evo

Fiat-Punto-Evo-2010-car-pics.jpg

Multipla ( A Unique tall boy - 6 Seater)

image_popUpGallery02.jpg

image_popUpGallery06.jpg

image_popUpGallery04.jpg

Totally agree with Tejas.

The irony for we indians is that; Fiat has the best of products all over the world, including best in design and technology and ofcourse the most environmentaly friendly automobile company in the world, and we get to see those designs and some of those technologies copied by cheaper korean and japanese companies and supplied to India. 

To start with

1. Fiat got UNO. best car during the period but failed, bcoz of company policies.

2. Palio at the time of lauch . recieved a good response. but again failed, poor service. spare part isse. or mileage issue.

3. Linea / Punto. having an edge in their respective category. was not performing good. bcoz of compnay policies.

FIAT products are good/reliable. but their compnay own policies are worst to none.

Tying with Tata was their biggest mistake. When they have their own network before line/punto. what was the point of closing it.

Persons who go for FIAT are cream class, who know what they buying . & what FIAT stands for. They need same level of treatment from sales/service also.

Sharing sale is fine. as it is one time interection. so serving itillain coffe/ choclates. will do.

but service is long term relationshsip. TATA workshop are not well trained to treat this class of people. their service satisfaction is worst.

each time when i give my car for service. i just keep my fingers crosses. abt what all new problems will come after this service. How much i need to argue with those guys to make them understand & accpet that problem is there.

Workshop people have basic attitude of dealing with drivers of taxi/ government cars/ political. people cars. they r not competent to deal direclty with the owners of this class of people.

What FIAT first need is . dedicated new showrooms for sale, But news r there they will ask existing dealers to open seperate showrooms. This will also not work. As there wil be sharing of people / mechanic in workshop. & all

Dedicated workshop where mechanic understand that these cares r itallian/ , they need sophestication. in treating them. Their owners drive their own car. They need satisfaction when they give their beloved cars for service.

I know what all i lost in my car after each service.

after first servie / my stearing wheel is tilted few degress anitclockwise.

after second service. my visor mirror cover always remain open.

3 rd service. .. leave it. very frustrated with this.

I think the Fiat has never gone correct with its market strategy in India. Probably this is the reason, although they have very good offerings (say Punto and Linea) but still they are struggling to cope up with same issues (lack of market presence, lack of customer base/market share, poor after sales service etc) which they are facing since their entry in Indian market.

They are not able to attract people towards the features, tank build quality in India.

They need some emergency planning and execution overhaul now.

Fiat is really struggling to sell cars in India in spite of having all the ingredients,

Today i saw a Fiat ad in Hindu showing Fiat Magic starts at 3.87 lakhs.

ie., Punto starts at offer price at 3.87 and Linea at 5.90 lakhs respectively.

such a low price for really capable cars is really bad. but customers 'll get benefits but Fiat should improve after sale service first.

Anand Sivaraj2011-09-17 16:58:33

I would like to tell a small story, i bough linea red color 2 years back when it was launch. During that , FIAT show room was not there in my city. so i bought it from city which is 350 kms from my place. when i brought the car in my colony kept it in shed parking. Shed was lit by small yellow bulb. NEw Flamenco red car. with little red light falling over. it. As i stay in government colony. NExt morning drivers are discussing , Sir brought a important car from other city. some people guessed 20 lakhs . some 25 lakhs .. ,

Its really a irony of FIAT , such a nice product which is a class above its competition , sells at 5.9 lakhs..

FIAT was bad in service since the time they came in india. THis basic problem, they are not able to solve till today. I think our government departments are more quick than FIAT..

Fiat is really struggling to sell cars in India in spite of having all the ingredients' date='
Today i saw a Fiat ad in Hindu showing Fiat Magic starts at 3.87 lakhs.
ie., Punto starts at offer price at 3.87 and Linea at 5.90 lakhs respectively.
such a low price for really capable cars is really bad. but customers 'll get benefits but Fiat should improve after sale service first.
[/quote']

Are they clearing the stock? Such kind of heavy discount usually come at the year end and FIAT is giving it right before festive season. I just pray buyers don't get confuse with this strategy now.

Can we have some IIM (A) Passout in FIAT India ASAP... smiley19.gif