parijat_2

Chevy Beat or Hyundai i10 Magna1.2

Hello Everyone!

?As I am planning to buy a new car I would like to know pros and cons of beat LT?and i10magna 1.2.

?

I drove both the cars. According to me :

?

1. supension- magna wins according to my experience when wheel srruggelled on pot holes.( but beat has gas filled suspension which is supposed to be better).

?

2. pick up- magna wins (I am confused, please suggest)

?

3. Interior- beat wins

?

4. space- magna wins

?

5. Ac- beat wins. Auto AC

?

6. Manouvering/control- beat wins

?

7. smoothness of engine- magna wins

?

8. Music system- magna wins if company provided music system is fitted.

?

9.?Tyre size- beat wins

?

10. gear shifting ergonomics- magna wins

?

11. value of spare parts/maintenance- magna wins

?

12. long run performance- ???? please suggest

?

13.mileage- magna wins

?

Please provide me a clear idea. Also add additional points if you think.

?

?

Thread moved.
AMG12011-02-17 14:37:09

The Beat with Smartech engine will have more power. So, another reason to buy the Beat. After driving the Chevrolet Cruze for over six months and 15000 kms , I am very happy with Chevrolet service and spares cost.

I would say u should wait for beat diesel it will be here in a month or two' date='it will cost same as the i10 1.2 and will give a real world avg of 20km/l. [/quote']

+1

Looking at the way Petrol price zooms, Diesel should be grabbed if available.

First of all: the title should be changed to Chevrolet Beat or Hyundai i10 magna 1.2.

Mods: Please do the needful.

Secondly, choice of Beat & i10 largely depend upon individual requirement. If we want a family hatch with roomy interior than i10 wins. However if we want a sporty kind of modern hatch than Beat may be preferred.

Beat offers modern exterior & interior and better ride quality.Handling is also better than i10 and overall it is better VFM.But on negative side rear is claustrophobic. Also on engine and space front i10 trumps Beat.

So ultimately it boils down to individual requirement & preference.

I personally really like Beat for the VFM package it is. Offers great features, good interiors, decent FE and the 3 year no-cost service promise. It is also about 50K feature-to-feature cheaper than teh i10.

i10 on the otherhand still does everything so well overall that it is a great package. The advantages it holds over the Beat are A.S.S, brand value and performance.

I would go for the i10 if the extra 50K it is costing is not an issue.

My choice here is the Chevrolet Beat.

As;

-1stly, Even though belonging to Daewoo but being branded as American brand-Chevrolet, its better furnished than Half-baked Hyundais.

-2ndly, by all means & under every conditions its More fuel efficient than i10.

-3rd, Highway stability is Simply Superb. You can simply Cruise in it at above 130kmph at Normal Indian roads.

-4th, No Technical Issue/Glitch heard so far with Beat.

-Last but not the least, 3-years Free Maintenace Package.

Only advice for you is to buy the Beat only with Feb-manfacturing Date, as previous ones came with Korean engine, But Post 1st Feb all Beat comes with Heavily localised & Made In India 'SMARTECH' engine with better Driving & Performance characterstics. 

The same question was lingering in my mind a couple of months back and i finally decided to go with the i10 1.2 Asta.

The reasons for choosing the i 10 over Beat is:-

-Better performance of the engine, smooth running.

-Better service

-Good resale value

-Always existing model in the market.

-Super light steering

-Very good music system

and many more things to say.

Offcourse Beat is one of the best car and very poor to say that it is very much under-rated among its rivals. But if you happen to compare the  Beat against    i 10 any day i10 will win.

Congrats parijat for booking the New i10 magna.

By the way which colour, engine version you've opted for: i10 Magna iRDE2 or i10 Magna 1.2 kappa2 VTVT ??

When are getting its delivery ??

Do post some of its pics & Initial Ownership experience here, after buying it.

Thanx a lot. It really feels good to be in Auto car Forum. I have booked i10 magna 1.2 kappa VTVT. color is Carbon Grey. I will get delivery by 4th of March. I will definitely post some photos and share my experience. I had a really good experience during test drive.

If someone can give me a few tips about car washing and cleaning- i.e. how maintain good looks of exterior and interio, it would be extremely helpful.

If someone can give me a few tips about car washing and cleaning- i.e. how maintain good looks of exterior and interio' date=' it would be extremely helpful.
[/quote']

For Exteriors:

-Always use Soft cloth for its Dusting & also use it softly with Soft hand.

-Always keep dedicated Soft cloth for its Windshield cleaning.

-Never clean your car with Dry duster after Dirt collection at the time of rains, instead get it thoroughly washed.

-Wash it only with Mild Shampoo or Dedicated Car Shampoos.

Never use Detergent Powder & Soap wrapped in a cloth.

-Polish it thoroughly after Drying it. Always use Good Quality Wax Polish, like Formula1 or NanoWax. 

For Interiors:

-Use Soft cloth & soft brush for cleaning Plastic surfaces.

-Use Dashboard Polish for its cleaning & to maintain its Shine. 

-For cleaning carpeted surfaces use Vaccum cleaner.

Congrts on your choice.

Personally I have always preferred the i10 to the Beat.

When I was selecting my hatch last year, I had a look at both. The beat felt more cramped and even the interiors were not really so nice.

That I decided on the Jazz is a diff story.

One imp thing to do is to get an underbody Teflon coating done.

I also shampoo my cars every Sunday and get them waxed once a month. This keeps the exteriors in great shape.

For the interiors have a full cleaning done every month, including vacuum and Dashboard polish every week to keep ur car looking great.

I would also suggest a good car perfume to be added to ur car

Post deleted: Either create your post in correct/proper English or abstain. The use of SMS lingo/slang is strictly prohibited on the board. Post with such content shall be deleted promptly & suitable action initiated against the erring member. 
BornFree2011-03-05 09:49:22

Doctor,

I got my  car a little  late on 17th instead of 4th. I am really happy with my car. My initial experience was superb. I  am really sorry that I can't post pictures as I don't have permission to do so.

I have some doubts regarding cleaning:

When should I get under surface and "things under the bonnet" of my car cleaned after 3rd servicing. Hyundai suggests to get the car checked after each 5000km and get it serviced after 10000km. So during servicing and checking those two things get automatically taken care of. But what should I do before 5000km? I know how to clean exterior and  interior but what about the two things. The under surface is impossible but can I clean "things under the bonnet" myself?