nfs123

Chevrolet Cruze India 2011 Changes

hi friends...its been one month now since i bought the car (Cruze LT) and overall I am pretty happy with the car. Only two issues' date=' where I also wanted feedback from others if they are also facing the same or its me only:

1. AC: Sometimes, i can smell outside smell (of pollution) in the car, even when the internal circulation mode is switched on. The service guy told me that this is an issue with Auto AC and I should not use it. But even when not using it I sometimes get the outside smell. And its only some times and not always. The service guy has asked me to come to the centre today to check this.

2. FM: I find the FM reception a bit week especially when the car is moving. Is it to do with the printed antenna not being powerful enough. 

Awaiting feedback.
[/quote']

I didn't face any of these issue in my one month old Cruze.

FM reception is very good.

Well,that means now the ruler is going to get its power enhanced.Sounds great,163 bhp..its really killer.I think now the diesel rocket name will be justified to a new extent.

What I'd like will be a new better clutch which is really not from a truck.

Its good to see Chevy constantly making improvements to the car and also considering user feedback in their changes. Shows how seriously they are taking Cruze as a product and India as a market. No wonder the car still dominates its segment.

I still wish this car had a petrol model. Even if in just one variant.

Hi everyone,

I am planning to buy Cruze and heard that there is an upgrade of it in end of this year. Will there be any change in price?

http://www.autocarindia.com/news/chevrolet-cruze-get-upgrades

When I spoke to Orange Automobiles (Hyderabad, Banjara Hills) , they told me there is no upgrade at least till Feb 2012.

Can you please suggest me whether I need to wait for the upgraded model or go with the existing one?

@Isguntu: No dealer will give you the date of launch of a model upgrade as they will loose the customer of today. Same thing happened to me when is was enquiring about the Honda City ZX upgrade, some 6 years back, they said they had no idea but the next month the upgrade was launched.

Thanks for the reply and I heard that the new one will be priced 1 Lakh more which will be little high for my budget. I already stretched from 9 to 14 Lakhs :) . So cannot stretch and wait anymore .

I think it depends on your budget. If you do not have problem with 1 Lakh, I think we should wait...Else take the existing model. 13 Bhp really counts ? May be it will go to 0 - 100 in 9 Seconds. Moreover there are things like adding "Racing Dynamics" we can do to increase the power of the car tremendously. smiley1.gif

Guys, I contacted Chevrolet India (Gurgaon office, after being redirected to them by the Gujarat office). I was connected to someone in the technical division, and he answered several technical questions about the car. He said there is no plan to upgrade the engine for another 2-3 years at least, and that the new LT and new LTZ models were recently announced anyway. I had asked the dealers and some Indian Cruze enthusiasts on other discussion forums, and they too echoed similar opinions. Of course, dealers would prefer to sell a particular model right now than count on the possibility of buying the upgraded car later.

Since this upgrade note also appeared in Autocar August 2011 issue, I was quite concerned as I recently booked the new LT, after test driving the LTZ, and realizing that I do not require sun-roof, cruise control and a couple of other cosmetic features.

Can Autocar folks confirm that this was indeed speculative news? I suppose I should trust Chevrolet India at least? smiley1.gif

If there's a chance that the car will be upgraded in the next few months, is it wise to cancel my booking now, and wait for the new version? Isn't the increase in horsepower and torque likely to bring down the mileage? What other 'cosmetic' changes are likely to be put in? I find the current "new LT" quite a value for money.

Hope to hear from you folks.

@darkmav: No company is going to confirm or deny any modifications or engine upgrades to it's line up for fear of loosing out on the client of that day. ACI wouldn't print and talk about it on TV unless it has got it from strong and reliable sources, so rest assured something is brewing.

@darkmav - I booked LTZ this month and waiting for the delivery. Even if they release the new model, I am sure they are going to price 1 Lakh or above the current price and it will not be launched until April Next year according to my research. So if you can wait and ready to pay 1 Lakh then go for the new model.

I already booked my LT a couple of days back. I have nothing to be dissatisfied with the new LT as it stands now -- they have included some features which were earlier present only in the LTZ, as you all may know.

The steeper initial price of the LTZ and the fact that I will never use the cruise control, the sunroof and I don't care so much for things like a rain sensitive wiper system made me sway in favor of the LT. But I was (and still am) concerned about the quality of retrofitted accessories such as fog lamps, rear parking sensors, OSRVM with indicators, etc. as they will be installed only by the local workshop. But I don't want to land up in a situation where I end up paying nearly as much as the price difference between LTZ and LT, for accessories and other inclusions smiley1.gif.

So I guess I have to give some more thought before I proceed ahead with the payment. Any suggestions on LT versus LTZ?

Oh and one more academic question: some people are saying that the turbo lag is less perceptible in the LTZ AT, which has a smoother in-city drive. Does this make sense? I haven't driven ATs in India, and I normally prefer manual transmission.

I went for LTZ because it is fully loaded.. I may not use all of the features but I would like to have them to use it once in  a while.By the way even LTZ is not coming with ORVM indicators... I paid 3000 to get it installed.  To Summarize, If you have budget then go for LTZ.

Yes, even i heard that LTZ Auto has no Turbo Lag. I did not do Auto TD so I cannot comment on that much. Moreover, If you maintain 1800 RPM everytime , you do not notice TurboLag at all smiley1.gif.

I am going to change tires to CPC2 205/60 R16 as stock tyres (JK tyres) are not good after 120 KM. It will cost around 20,000 after exchanging stock tyres.

I had bought LT about 4 months back and had got fog lamps and parking sensors fitted separately. Both are working perfectly fine. So, i dont think there should be any issue with that but please get it done from the dealer only.

Otherwise, if you are not too fussed about sun-roof and cruise control, my advise would be to go for LT as 2 lacs is a considerable difference.

Basant, does the smart screen/driver information system display the status of the active/inactive lights, including the fog lamps which you installed later? What about the parking sensors? Do you have the new LT (the one with black interiors, climate control, etc?)

I actually don't want a sun-roof (due to security reasons, and also because I somehow don't like the idea of a big hole on the roof smiley1.gif) or cruise control (I don't see any use for it here).By the way, does the Cruze still ship with JK Vectra tyres by default?

Does one have to get them replaced? What are your views? The dealer told

me that the tyres do not have to be JK, and what they actually will be will depend on the supply position at the time that the car is assembled in the plant.

How much was your waiting time for the LT? I'm told that LTs sell less than LTZs, so they take a long time to deliver.

Durango Dude2011-08-22 07:37:31

Yes it does. LT by default has a switch for fog lamps and the same is used to operate the fog lamps. the driver information system (i.e. the meter console) displays the status of fog lamps and head lamps separately. For parking sensors there is a small display (LED lights) fitted on the extreme right of the dash-board and the warning sounds i guess come from the driver side door. It is quite good and helpful.<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

I have the new LT.  It has JK tyres and frankly i dont have any issues with the same. I drove till 165 kmph and i did not feel any vibrations, so no issues with the tyres. And yes what brand tyres are put depends on company's tie up and supply position.

Regarding delivery, I guess it depends on colour but should be around 15-20 days. In my case, i wanted to take delivery on a particular day and had enough time between booking and the delivery date. Also, lately I hear that the sale of LT has picked up after the new version.

Hmm, okay. I have a few questions:

1. As per the comfort and convenience specs (http://www.chevrolet.co.in/content_data/AP/IN/en/GBPIN/001/cruze-specifications.html), the Cruze LT has a 'basic' smart screen and a 'basic' driver information system. What's the difference between basic and enhanced?

2. What does 'Intelligent Programmable Passive Entry'  (IPPE) mean? My dealer said that both LT and LTZ have a programmable power locking feature, so that the number of doors which open on unlocking the vehicle, can be controlled. Is this IPPE? If not, is this feature exclusive to LTZ?

3. Are all colors equally durable? Are the metallic colors better in the long run? I plan to get the polishing and the teflon coating treatments done anyway.

@dakmav

1) May be some features like "Distance to Empty"?

2) I think this PEPS (Keyless entry and Push to start button)

3) Apart from Diamond white, everthing is good ..atleast this is what I heard

My father and I switched to the new LTZ today  I felt that some of the extra features in the LTZ, albeit a little pricier, will be helpful to my father. Plus, when he sat on the console and started looking at the settings, he was thrilled smiley1.gif

Well we have pushed ourselves a lot for this. While we have driven a lot of other cars, this will be our first car in about 20 years. So yeah, we've also waited a long time smiley1.gif.

Thank you all for your help and inputs. The decision to jack up from the LT to the LTZ was a split-second one, but it was influenced by a lot of positive things I read here and on some of the other forums.

Issues like resale value are of no concern to me, as we are not so rich as to be able to sell off this car to buy a new one anytime soon. Besides, the Cruze's features are so enticing that I do not see why I would ever want to sell it. I am eagerly waiting for it, and I hope that the LTZ will ship faster than the LT!