shanthanreddyp

Toyota Etios Customers Cancelling Bookings

News is pouring that Toyota Etios which had received a lot of hype all thanks to Toyota Logo, Customers are cancelling the Bookings.

Prime reasons for cancelling the booking are:

1. Too long waiting period- upto one year

2. Too less of features for the price- Bare basic

3. Better options and offer from others

4. No available diesel variants

5. Rising petrol prices

Toyota delivered just 1,651 Etios cars January.

The Etios is only available in petrol variants.

SOURCE: Motor Beam

This fate was already known to be fixed for this car..

At the time when India is getting better Road Infrastructure & when people are getting more concerned about Build & Quality Issues, at that time Toyota is trying to sell their Outdated Esteem-like car in India by marketing it as under Q-revolution banner. 

Even Esteem was alot better than it in terms of Dynamics, Driving Pleasure & Quality areas.

What's Q-Quality in it ??

by checking out it Overall in many areas, better is to call it-'Kyun Revolution' (Kyun here means Why ??)

C'mon Toyota you still have the time to Re-Configure it now, than to Recall it later on.

Ultimately customer is the king. In this age, I found it hard to believe a seven-eight month waiting period for a car which is yet to prove its mettle.

OT: Nano also caused tremendous hype and despite all those booking Tata Motors is battling to sell nano. Similarly, if Etios customers start cancelling bookings than Toyata might find itself in a tricky position. So my point is:

Should a company launch its car only when supply chain is fully established ?

In that case, Nano & Etios would not have long waiting period and all those people who booked the car and later cancel it would have been actual buyer.   

Any vehicle that is an instant hit in the market faces this. The Swift did and I remember open letter from Jagdish Khattar saying that we are doing the best be can and requesting people to bear with them.

Cancellations are not due to waiting period in fact the actual waiting period is below three months.Huge waiting periods were announced just days after the cars launch to make a hype and to show people that the car is very successful from day one.Most of the bookings were made before they saw the car in person believing in Toyota's previous record in quality but when they saw the Crapios in flesh they just thought quality is more important than brand value.    

I think that the days of `waiting for months' are gone for good.

I fail to understand how people can book a car without even seeing, leave alone doing a proper TD.  I feel it is too immaturish to book a car based only on the brand value even before the car was properly launched.   I fail to understand how they can do such a thing as they are committing around 5 to 7 lahs on an unknown, untested and unaccepted product in a highly competitive market not withstanding the fact that it is from a good company.  May be, they are expecting some `premium; in the market in the initial days of delivery (like in the share market).    I am not surprised if many of them are proved wrong.  On the contrary, I am also happy to see the cancellations happening. 

At least now, such companies will be cautious in their approach in our Indian  market.

I agree Ramesh. Buying a car without even test driving it is only foolishness. I would definitely like to see a car I would like to buy in person, feel it, see if it suits my requirements, compare it with other cars in the segment and then take a decision.

Buying / booking a car just because it is from an xyz brand is mere foolishness. Earlier a luxury was only a Mercedes, but now we have a shootout on ACI shows between the Beemers, Mercs, Audis and Jags... and the A, B, C segments are the place where we have seen most of the action.

EOD its money.. no amount is meager. A car is an investment... Invest wisely

Better if we discuss in this thread with all figures, such as

1. Month wise delivery numbers from month of launch.

2. Total booking till January 2011.

3. Number of cancellations till January 2011 and % of cancellations out of total bookings.

4. What other options are available with the same features at same price and if price is more than what are the goodies offered at that price?

Otherwise this thread will become nothing but a toyota bash campain. BTW neither i am a Etios seeker nor have any association with it. My friend have booked one and getting delivery this week. Till morning he was in a dillema after reading negetive things about it, in internet forums.

Toyota delivered just 1' date='651 Etios cars January.

[/quote']

Toyota claims it received a total booking of nearly 20,000 vehicles.

It's factory has a peak installed capacity of around 3000 units per month.

Now I expect the sales to be around 2000 for then month of February.

Either Toyota rigged the number of bookings or the number of cancellations are fake.

But neither TATA told the number of cancellations for Nano nor will Toyota reveal.

I agree Ramesh. Buying a car without even test driving it is only foolishness. I would definitely like to see a car I would like to buy in person' date=' feel it, see if it suits my requirements, compare it with other cars in the segment and then take a decision.
[/quote']

+1. But fail to understand how VW is holding on to its waiting period and no signs of the lead time getting shorter!

VW is giving what they promised and people did not book it with out seeing it.

Fortuner has a bigger waiting period but why people are still waiting ?

The answer is simple Toyota was faking the number of Etios bookings and even the people who booked canceled due to lack of quality.

All Japanese car makers except Suzuki have failed in making good vfm small cars,they always charged a premium,Etios is expensive considering it's quality.

3 days back, I had an occasion to see new Etios and Manza at RTO office. Both cars were there for registration. I found Manza more pleasing to eyes than Etios,  from inside and outside. Manza has very good Diesel option and hence it makes more sense. If Etios has better quality and design for interior, it would have a different story. They have done extensive cost cutting in interior which is against the car. All the best.

When I was at the Toyota Showroom last month to check out the Etios, Alongwith me there was one Logan owner at the showroom who made its direct comparison with the Etios & revealed all of its shortcomings/facts.

It seemed interesting to compare the Europe's Cheapest sedan with India's(refers to proper sedan not hatchback based ones).

-Despite of having a biggest 595litres boot, he revealed that its boot depth & length is considerably lesser than that of Logan, but where Toyota have carved out the space is from Scrapping off the metallic portion of area under its Parcel Shelf & Roof of the bootlid.

-Build Quality of Doors & its bodyshell.

-Poor plastics quality, fit & finish.

-Seats design & fabric texture. Also revealed the short base & unsupportive Rear seat base there.

-Absence of Cladding inside the Wheel wells.

Last being the lower price & Diesel option in logan.

Probably its the Etios's arrival & its realities made Logan looks more palatable might be due to that more & more of new Logans can be seen plying the roads here. Seems that finally the Logan-era have arrived here.

C'mon Mahindra its the time to Revive it.dr_nishu2011-02-23 11:05:22

Yeah doctor i agree with you. Ethios is not at all a futuristic model.Advantage is Totota car,Ease of driving,plenty of interior space,segment best boot space etc.

But there is lot of disadvantages. Toyota dealer is not able to provide you the exact month of delivery.Toyota want to keep the same hype as fortuner.I took the test drive of the car and impressed with its 90 BHP engine and ride quality.But tyre noise is audible inside. We never expect this from any Toyota car.The sale man bluffing that is a sporty sound coming from engine which is deliberately given by Toyota. Unbelievable.

Interior plastic quality is horrible.May be equivalent to plastic seen in Nano and Maruti 800.Small head lights and ordinary rear design is not attracting many Indians.Toyota may be successful once they launch Diesel variant of Ethios.

Logan need more curvy exterior,Better switches inside and more powerful diesel engine. They can touch monthly sales figure of 4000-5000 once they reduce the length under 4000 mm.I love the car for its wide seats and build quality.

Toyota begins expansion at Bidadi plant:

Toyota has announced that Toyota Kirloskar Auto

Parts (a joint venture between Toyota Motor

Corporation Japan, Toyota Industries Corporation

Japan and Kirloskar Systems Limited, Bangalore),

held a ceremony to mark the commencement of

construction of its new engine plant and the

expansion of its existing transmission plant at

Bidadi. This development is a part of the unit

localization project. The ceremony was held at its

current plant at Bidadi, on the outskirts of

Bangalore. TKAP currently produces manual

transmissions for the Fortuner manufactured in

India, Thailand and Argentina. It also produces

axles and propeller shafts for the Innova,

manufactured in India.

The unit localization project for Etios involves

setting up a new engine plant and expanding the

existing transmission plant, also an EOU. The new

production at the plant, representing an

investment of approximately Rs. 5 billion, was

one of the projects cleared by the State High Level

Clearance Committee, Government of Karnataka,

at its meeting held on the 24-Jan-2011.

Approximately 100,000 engines will be produced

per year starting in the third quarter of 2012 and

approximately 240,000 transmissions per year

starting in early 2013.

Regular advertisements of Toyota Etios are playing at most of the leading TV channels.

& From its brochure, price list & its details at auto forums, its G-variant seems to be good VFM with all the essential equipments like PS, Central locking, P.Windows, Internally adjustable ORVMS, Tilt steering and many more features at Rs.5.53 lacs only.

I am a huge fan of Toyota. Altis was my dream Car. I bought Cruze only because altis diesel is underpowered.

Eltios I can say its a complete disappointment. You may justify it with price tag. But the plastic is damn cheap. The streaming wheel looks like a joystick. Dash board design is horrible. only plus point is Spacious  rear seat. Also toyoto badge.

As the demand for the Etios is on a decline, the Toyota Fortuner is getting the axe in probability come budget 2011 wherein imports will be costlier. Import of CKD kits will be treated in the same way as fully built units (FBU )in all probability. Most car makers selling assembled cars like the BMW, Audi, Mercs and others are likely to face stiffer duties.

This will again backfire on Toyota as Fortuner bookings can get cancelled.

Seen 2-3 Toyota Etios at some main City roads yesterday.

And afterthat i can surely say that its really the worst looking car in the country today with No frills exteriors, Skinny tyres, Chrome loaded Retro looking rear with bulbulous over-sized Boot.

Rest everyone is aware of its Interiors already.

The only saving grace for Etios is its Toyota badge, otherwise even the age-old Esteem looks better & is having better feel than Etios.

May be in lighter shades it may look a little drab.

Yes, I've seen it in a somewhat light bluish shade & that above quoted views came from inside at the same moment & its rounded element for the Tail-lamp have further boosted her Retro-look.