karanjsktyo

Help Me Out ! Which car about 15L

Hey Everyone..

I am planning to buy a new car and I am seriously confused. After test driving and reading reviews on net, I have came down to cruze, but yet I wanna know what are your suggestions.. cruze/laura/altis?.. My basic requirement is diesel.

Or should I wait more, I heard that hyundai's new sonata is gonna be launched? Any others cars which are worth waiting for ?

What do you guys think about secondhand car, cruze is costin me 15 lacs on road, And I searched around a little bit and found a nice 2009 superb done 26000kms, pretty neat n well maintained, costin around 17...

Any suggestion regarding new car, or used car to buy around same budget...and should i wait for any upcoming car or not.

Looking forward to your comments.

Cruze is a nice to car to buy it is cheapest compare to Laura.Performance wise Laura will win over cruze.

Cruze:

Engine:148 BHP,1991 CC,33 KGM Torque

Advantage:Equipment list matching with 20 L car,Looks.

Better service provider than Skoda.

Disadvantages:

Rear is little bit cramped.

Skoda Laura:

Engine:110BHP/1968CC,25.5 KGM Torque.

Advantange:

High performance and refined sport engine.Even fuel efficient also.

Rear seat is spacious than Cruze.Ride quality is best in the segment.

Disadvantages:

Service network and Price.

I will choose Laura 2.0 TDI M/T Elegance if i have 17L in hand. Supreb is one of the best car available in India and in my view that is the best VFM car among entry level luxury car. Most of the features are matching with Merc E Class.

The current Supreb is launched in 2010 so it is not wise to buy 2009 supreb since you will face problem to get spare parts in future. Skoda is infamous for its service quality but its product quality is making the cars to top in its respective segments.

You can choose from among the cars described above by my fellow ACI 'ians. But I would suggest you not to go for the Sonata.This car sells very few units and does not have the brand equity needed in that premium C Class bracket as it has a Hyundai badge.And the public perception is that Hyundai is best fit for the sub Rs 10 L segment.

The Sonata depreciates very fast and you can find  4 to 5 year old Sonatas selling for around Rs 5L. Even at this price there are a few buyers.

Believe Hyundai should do some introspection with its status in the above Rs 10 L segment as their products in that niche sell in minuscule numbers.

Best buy in this range would be either the Laura or the Cruze, for now as the choice for a diesel sedan is limited to this, if you are looking for a good deal and won't mind your car going getting out dated in a few months, look at the Jetta which is on a clearance sale to make way for the new one, bargain hard, who knows you may able to get a 1.5 L discount on the top model.Altis is seriously underpowered in this group, not worth the money you spend.

Best choice available today in this segment & price band is Skoda Laura, as it provides the fine Blend of Class, Striking looks, Quality & features which even its expensive sibling VW Jetta can't offer but where it Seriously lacks is in its Aftersales Support from the company & its Air-conditioning related Niggling problems.

But its the Cruze which scores Overall as its having One of the Powerful engine in its class, Performance, Sophisticated Interiors(in 2011 version), equipment levels plus in Ownership & AfSS areas.

Chevrolet also provides 3-year Free Maintenance programme with Best in Class Warranty & Ownership experience with it. 

Hope this explanation help you to make your decision better.

Cruze will be my choice if you extend the budget and get automatic version (16L OTR in Ahmedabad). Manual version will give you leg aches for sure! Also if you have elder parents for REAR, forget it.

Jetta is being phasing out(hence the discounts), if you are ready to take the hit in resale value go for it.

If you can live with SKODA, then best choice is LAURA. Some people have real bad experiences with SKODA A.S.S.

I was in the same boat as you (though Diesel wasn't my constraint). In the end I went for ANHC because it was easier to drive and running cost-wise similar to diesel mills. I am hoping this will be a Stop-Gap car for next 3 years, before I can look at my choices again :).

If the old design does not bother you, you can get a decent discount on the Jetta. I personally would prefer the Cruze because overall, it pretty much does everything well and recently received some extra tech for a minimal increase in price.

I also recommend going in a completely different direction and looking at the Skoda Yeti. Its a diesel, its compact, provides great build quality and received a great review from AutoCar India.

The 09 superb @ 17lakhs is a good quote take a mechanic along and check the car thoroughly . The maintainance will be on the higher sife but the overall ambience and quality is unmatched by the Cruze or Laura .

Try to push for 16 lakhs . (original price was 25lakhs so 9 lakhs in two years is a good bargain) .

Diesel:Go for Cruze , you will get LTZ model for 15.05 laks on road which have lots of features like auto climate control , sunroof, start/stop button and it has a powerful diesel.

Petrol: Lots of options, Civic: honda badge , great resale value, great interiors.

skoda laura tsi: new model has been launched for 12 laks(ex-showroom), may be its pricing may attarct you to buy it but ASS is an issue.

Corolla: Its G model can be for you, it has everything which you expect from the car of this segment.  

@karanjsktyo:

In my views,if you can get settled with the so called bad A$$ of Skoda,then close your eyes and get the Laura TDi,Cruze is really nowhere near the Laura.Why to play with a truckish(note:I mean clutch) car when you can get something better?

Though I am also owning a Skoda Laura TSi,and recently the first service is done with my nearly 4 visits to the service station and I am fully satisfied with the way those people provide the service and all of my problems are rectified.You may have heard the idiom "Bad name is worse than bad work",something identical is what Skodas are facing..

So in my views,as the owner of a Skoda,and having driven both the cars Laura TDi and Cruze,I would recommend to go for Laura(Though I would like to recommend TSi,but since you need diesel,so go and get one TDi for you)only what you need is to stretch your budget to an extent and since you reside in NCR(Me too),so A$$ must not be a deal for you,in Delhi,Noida,Gurgaon I think all the Skodas are good at servicing..

@Everyone..

Thanks alot for your advices, I really appreciate it.

My personal views are, that laura.. is although have premium tag, perkier pick up, and nice stuff, its main low down is its looks and interior (as compared to cruze)

whereas cruze, got helluva nice muscle car kinda look and good bag of goodies than laura, other than that laura is high maintainence than cruze, but I also believe that laura might have higher resale than cruze.

Altis, well forget it, its hp..is comparable to that of i20 ! Plus so f-kd up interiors. Its cheaper than others and it does really show.

As diesel is my constraint cause of my high daily run, I don't have lot of options. True, I was thinking to wait a little more I guess, I talked to chevy guys, new cruze with some minor updates is coming in march. Plus I was awe-struck with the looks of i45. If its in range of 17-20, and They launch it in diesel, which I doubt. I m gonna be the first one to book it.

@rssh, I quoted 16 lacs .. dude was asking for 19 lacs for his car, I pulled him down to 17.

Superb is awesome buy, Thats what I think. It is stunning from inside...room and plush interiors like a palace and equipment comparable to that of bmws.

I read somewhere that new superb 1.6 PD is gonna be launched. If thats somewhere between 17-20. Its gonna be great buy.

Lets see and again thanks for yo' views guys.

:)

go in for the cruze!!!I own one and there is no other car which can match it!!!!it turns heads whereever it goes and performance is awesome!!!!it even has superb fuel economy-we even got 20.7kmpl while doing 120 kmph in a express way!!!!high speed stability is just amazing!!!the music system is superb and it has 2-3 notebooks full of features not mentioned in the brochure which you will only be able to discover when you read the owner's manual!!!!!!!!if you like it,dont wait a minute!!!go and get it!!you will enjoy every bit of it!!!!! smiley17.gif