AMG1

2011 Swift- Test Drive & Review

20110225_052339_OPen.jpgWhen the all-new Swift goes on sale around May this year, you can foresee the tough time Maruti is going to have explaining to customers that it is actually new. You need to stare long and hard to spot the differences in the next-generation Swift, which looks remarkably like the old one.

The new Swift may look more or less unchanged, but is in fact built on an all-new platform and every body panel is new. It

Please post interior pics. Hope bits and pieces of Kizashi are shared in the new Suzuki Swift.

By introducing Gen 2 Swift Maruti Suzuki have understood how much the Swift is loved by the consumers. This approach was not in case of ZEN.

It is good thing that Maruti Suzuki is continuing the legacy of Swift brand by seriously upgrading the vehicle and trying to reach to the expectations of the consumers by keeping the soul (fun to drive) intact in the new Swift also.

Hoping to see 1.6L Swift also.

Now we can also expect Gen 3 Swift with more upgrades and designs. Keep it up Maruti and Keep continuing Swift legacy. smiley32.gif

This is the Road test of Gen-2 Swift's Eurpean version.

I'm really surprised by the fact that why ACI haven't Probed into the details of Indian spec Swift as its already plying on the Delhi Roads since last few weeks for Testing purpose.

The interior has breath of fresh air and looks quite upmarket from Gen 1 Swift.

It has a sporty character with a touch of luxury by chrome highlighting.

Suzuki-Swift-19101055537071600x1060.jpg

swift_interior.jpg

Hope Indian version gets the same colour dash and steering wheel. tejasmehta9902011-02-25 08:13:29

Interiors are very impressive...however the DNA remains the same as far as the exterior is concerned...just few minor tweks..however MSI is in no hurry to put this beauty on Indian Roads any soon...

Mods note: Avoid the use of "...." within sentences.
BornFree2011-02-25 16:09:21

Hope this one doesn't rattle.

@guys: Do you like what they have done to the front ? They should put an Outlander type 1 piece grill.

Everyone is aspiring of Rattle free Swift this time like its cousin Splash/Ritz, just hopes Maruti Suzuki will not discourage its fans this time.

Regarding grille design why Suzuki would change its family grille design now, descending down from Kizashi to SX4 VVT to new 2011 Swift.

This one is ll'l bit softer looking with its curved ends.

I appreciate on this also on its leaf like front fog lamp recesses.

@ACI:

How are its brakes this time now as the Current Swift lacks the feel & retardation at speeds above 120kmph.

@ACI-ians:

What is the main culprit behind the current Swift's Poor braking performance ? ?

Only Brakes, Tyre Width or Suspension or anything else! !

Regarding grille design why Suzuki would change its family grille design now' date=' descending down from Kizashi to SX4 VVT to new 2011 Swift.
This one is ll'l bit softer looking with its curved ends.
I appreciate on this also on its leaf like front fog lamp recesses. [/quote']

Dunno the front is looking a wee bit sad. A 1 piece grill would have made it a stonker. 

@ACI-ians:
What is the main culprit behind the current Swift's Poor braking performance ? ?
Only Brakes' date=' Tyre Width or Suspension or anything else! ![/quote']

Its the disc, even on the zxi or vxi/D with ABS the car just manages fine. Its not a great improvement.

The exterior curves gives me the feeeling of the Hyundai i10 and the i20's. The Interior looks more improved and much fresher. A Pillar is fully changed. its only half , The other half will be coverd by the door. the Line and the gap wich is seen on the A pillar is a bit let down.

mndvishnu2011-02-26 06:11:51

New Swift also give sleepless nights to the Skoda (Fabia) , Hyundai (i20) , VW (Polo)etc... to think for new strategy to market their cars.

New Swift will be priced probably in between 5.5L to 7L.

Will Suzuki continue selling the existing Swift or it will be phased out ?

If pricing of Kizashi (SX-4 Diesel to some extent) is anything to go by, then new Swift might be placed bang into Polo territory.

The biggest drawback for me about new Swift is the lack of novelty factor- it is so much similar to present Swift. One might not be tempted to sell out extra 50k or 1L buck just to have a modern interior.

Suzuki should be careful with pricing and not be over enthusiastic. Also with present Swift going along nicely, MSIL might take their own sweet time to launch this new Swift.

i already am in love with the new swift, iam driving a vdi as of now with a good 140000 a lac fourty thousand kms on d clock and plan to buy the new petrol version jus hope they also come up with a 1.6

Suzuki may introduce new Swift by giving more importance to features to position it in the league of "Luxury Hatches" which is mainly ruled by Fabia, Polo and i20 because wxisting Swift and even Ritz is little bit lagging behind to establish as a luxury / upmarket Hatch.

Engine may be the K Series which is powering existing Swift / Dzire with some tweaking or the VVT engine which currently in SX4.

If going just for extreme performance the best we can expect is 2.4L Kizashi's engine in new Swift. smiley15.gif

computer_Vehicles_Suzuki_Swift_GT.jpg

After observing Suzuki Swift concept, I kind of beginning to loath present design.

2s1aqm8.jpg

How difficult it would be to replicate the front design atleast? Ok, headlamps may be toned down but still it would a very good looker/head turner.

May be rear end with spoilers would prove costly and two door is impractical, but still there are many design bits which could have been incorporated in new Swift. It would have differentiate new Swift with old Swift.

When people talk about performance cars, they usually tend to talk about the petrol versions.
However, Suzuki has access to the marvellous 1.9l version of the 1.3L diesel it currently uses from fiat. This would be an I terseting option as well for powerful cars from Maruti on the existing platforms, including thenew swift and the diesel SX4.

Note from ACI Support: Please avoid Slang/SMS lingo on the board.
BornFree2011-03-04 10:27:13

The Grey interiors really look very pale when compared to the black one in the photo posted above. I would definitely want the black to come to India.

I don't think the new Swift would be sold alongside the current one. MSIL sure does not have the bandwidth to accommodate the numbers on their production line.

5.5 - 7 for a price tag would be a little on the higher side. MSIL would try to keep it within the bracket of 4.7 to 6.5 lacs - including petrol and diesel models.

As for the Sports, I would really like to see a 1.6 SX4 motor on this model.

2011 Maruti Suzuki Swift launch Info:

A while ago, we brought you a bunch of details as to when the new 2011 Swift will be launched in India. While the time line mentioned in our earlier post was May2011, ICB reader Prashanth, from Bangalore writes in saying that a Maruti dealer in Banagalore has reportedly told him that the new 2011 Swift will launch in June-July 2011 and that customer deliveries will begin soon after, in July 2011.

This bit of information only confirms that Maruti Suzuki will indeed launch the all new 2011 Maruti Suzuki Swift very shortly and all those of you waiting since long for the new Swift can actually look forward to buying one soon. Also, the dealer has shared the pricing information and reportedly, the 2011 Swift will cost INR 30,000-40,000 more than the existing model.

If that pricing level is maintained, we expect the 2011 Swift to sell as fast as the existing version, if not faster as the price looks like decent value considering the fact that the new 2011 Swift will be larger than the existing model. The wait begins for one of the most anticipated cars in 2011. Stay glued to ICB as we will  continue to bring you updates on the 2011 Swift.

(IndianCarsBikes).

I called up the Maruti Dealer in Ooty to enquire about the 2011 Swift and to my surprise the sales person said after a new training session on the 2011 Swift and kizashi coming weekend, prices and delivery dates would be announced. He also said there is a Zdi which is going to be here with all goodies the Zxi has.

But is there any scoop or pictures of the Indian Version Swift, particularly the interiors?

Hi all, without a TD of the new swift, or even the exact specifications of the Indian version 2011 Swift, I had initially paid 10K as a booking amount and booked a White Swift VDi ABS. The dealer has promised me to deliver the car in the 1st batch. As per the dealer it is expected to be a 30K higher than the existing swift, and ZDi now is a doubt he said. Now all I am waiting is for the launch!!

Any Inputs or details on the launch or the Spec list for the Indian version?

Maruti Dealers Start Advance Bookings Of Maruti Swift 2011:

April 4, 2011

< =text/ ="http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/show_ads.js">

MSIL is yet to officially announce the launch of new model of Swift 2011 in India but the Maruti Suzuki Dealers have already started taking token money for advance booking of New Swift model 2011. As per the inside information, the Swift 2011 will go in production somewhere around June 2011 in India. So Maruti may launch Swift2011 New model officially in May or June 2011. There are no official announcements about the price or details, but the details of the European version of new Swift 2011 is available for months.

Some of the dealers in Mumbai, Bangalore and Gurgaon have started accepting token money of about Rs. 50,000 which is a refundable deposit. Also as per the sources, the new Swift will be priced at about Rs.30,000 to 40,000 more than old model Swift. The new swift will also be powered by the same 1.2 Litre K-Series engine from Suzuki which is present in the old model of the Swift. The major uplifts will be larger dimensions, new interiors, new headlamps, new tail amps, improved quality of suspensions and interior quality, better ride and handling etc.  -CarblogIndia.com

Maruti to increase Swift production, revamp model

By Saahil Anant Apr 14 2011 , New Delhi

Maruti Suzuki will raise monthly production of the Swift by 25 per cent from August this year to reduce the waiting period and fend off competition. The company will start manufacturing the new Swift with a monthly production of 6,000 units in July this year and raise it to 17,000 units August onwards, industry executives privy to the model told Financial Chronicle.

The company currently manufactures 13,000 Swift units every month.

The new Swift' date=' with additional features and minor tweaks in headlamps and bumpers, will be launched either at the end of July or in the beginning of August.

[/quote']

What no new model?strange.The tweaks will be limited to Dzire like grille , a new design of integrated stereo similar to Glam variant with dual tone interiors similar to Glam variant.IMO there is possibility of bluetooth handsfree will be standard along with Swift Sport like steering wheel.

EDIT - IMHO ,Those who have booked for new swift thinking that they will be buying new Swift will get this this botoxed Swift not latest European swift-  if news in Finicial Chronicle is Accurate

GOLF2011-04-16 04:38:40