AMG1

2011 Swift- Test Drive & Review

What no new model?strange.

It does not seem to be strange with a front and rear facelift' date=' refreshed interiors and an 90mm extra length.

FYI it's not a new model, it's a new version.

The tweaks will be limited to Dzire like grille

Does the pictures below look the same?

Swift Dzire grille

Top10MidsizeCarsinIndia-MarutiSuzukiSwif

All New 2011 Swift grille

Maruti-Suzuki-Swift-2011-in-India.jpg

a new design of integrated stereo similar to Glam variant with dual tone interiors similar to Glam variant.

Here is the interior picture of the Glam:

maruti_suzuki_swift_glam_limitededition_

Here is the interior picture of the all new 2011 swift:

Maruti-Suzuki-Swift-2011-interior.jpg

Are the both similair or same?

Here is another picture which shows the Glam's so called dual interiors,

3665894326_669151bfcd_o.jpg

There is still another picture above showing clearly the interiors of the new swift.

Even though there are no major differences, the new 2011 swift is refreshed and neatly tweaked than the current swift.

And Financial Chronicle people are not auto enthu's and have no clues or brains about the specs and details of cars and they blindly discourage the new buyers whenever a new model is launched.

Spied few days back is the New Swift 2011 at same venue-The Delhi-Gurgaon Expressway; in its Mid-Spec VXi/VDi variant, as visible from its Conventional Keylock of its Tail-gate(marked by Red Arrow), Tail-gate Glass without Defogger & Wash-wipe & Pressed Steel Wheels.

9bGEEl.jpgouVA5l.jpg

(Pic Source: tbhp) 

Latest Info about this car is that this car is going to be launched much sooner than expected with its Sales starting from end May2011, but will be in full swing from July2011 when its production gets completely shifted to Manesar plant of Maruti Suzuki.

Its Expected production will be 17k units/month thereafter, which inturn is supposed to reduce its Waiting period from few months to few weeks.
dr_nishu2011-04-24 11:28:38

Wow a good catch!

But Doctor, are you sure that we will be getting a Zdi version?? If yes i'd upgrade by booking to a Zdi. The dealer here in Ooty still has no clue on the details or specifications! Kindly throw some light.

Wow a good catch!
But Doctor' date=' are you sure that we will be getting a Zdi version?? If yes i'd upgrade by booking to a Zdi.  Kindly throw some light.[/quote']

As told by nearby MS dealer.

That version was also spied in New Delhi many times, 

for more details Read the 3rd last post on the following page by me;

Came across these pics while surfing for New Swift 2011;rvUual.jpg

Just amazed by the Improved Legroom in it, as shown in the pic below 

jfUD7l.jpg

with almost Perfect angled Rear Seatback.

Just liked the wonderful design & finishing of its Seatcover.

Interior Plastics quality is also good

ohdRbl.jpg

(For more, checkout: oneshift.com)
dr_nishu2011-05-04 18:43:15

2011 Maruti Swift To Get Revised Diesel Engine

The next generation Maruti Suzuki Swift which will debut in the month of July will feature the same engines which powers the current Swift. However Maruti Suzuki engineers have tweaked the engine slightly to deliver more torque at lower RPM. The D13 motor in the Swift diesel will produce 75PS of power at 4000 RPM and 190 Nm of torque at just 1750 RPM. The current Swift produces the same amount of torque at 2000 RPM. This will help the company make the Swift diesel more drive able in the city (the current Swift has significant amount of turbo lag) and ensure that the car remains the number one selling premium hatchback in India. Maruti sure has a winner on its hands but it won

The question is how much will new swift cost more than the current swift. At present 5.86 lakhs is the OTR in Delhi for ZXi version, so another  40-70k more is likely for similar ZXI spec in Swift and ZDI - will it be 7 lakhs?

These are serious numbers for a hatchback and playing into hands of VW and Competition IMO.But this at the end of the day  is just plain speculation.I will wait till it launches and post my comments

Spied few days back is the New Swift 2011 at same venue-The Delhi-Gurgaon Expressway; Its Expected production will be 17k units/month thereafter' date=' which inturn is supposed to reduce its Waiting period from few months to few weeks.[/quote']

Hi do you have any latest updates on the launch date of swift 2011

Post Edited: Long quote removed.
BornFree2011-05-19 14:26:20

2-3 days back while enquiring about the New Swift at local Maruti Suzuki dealer I was just shocked to hear that they're currently delivering the Booking orders of December2010 for Old Swift yet.
Means they're having backlog of 6 months to work now.

Just imagine, what will be the scenario of Maruti Suzuki showrooms after the launch of New Swift, with prime reasons being;

People are waiting for it from around last 1 year.
Second is the worst scenario of delivery status by dealers here(as quoted above).
This is really really Pathetic.

Leave alone the action by Company-HQs, this Dealers act demands serious CBI-Investigation.

Hi do you have any latest updates on the launch date of swift 2011

June end or July 2011 is the confirmed & scheduled month for its launch.

@Nishu

I think you should book the new Swift now if they are accepting booking orders. Even later if you want to cancel, it should not be a problem as dealer would have quite a few customers who would be interested to buy the car

Hi ,

I Inquired with one of the maruti dealer in Navimumbai. and he advised me that you can book the new swift 2011. with a cheque payment of either Rs 5000 or Rs 10,000.

so that way when the new lot of 2011 swift comes to us. we will make sure that you get the delivery first.

they also told me that for some reasons if you want to cancel the booking we will just deduct Rs1000.

I am going ahead with the booking. i have no other option also. as i dont see any vehicle in the market that could match swift status.

also i am hoping for a surprise from maruti. there can be a possibility that maruti will launch the new swift 2011 in CNG model as well.

2-3 days back while enquiring about the New Swift at local Maruti Suzuki dealer I was just shocked to hear that they're currently delivering the Booking orders of December2010 for Old Swift yet.

It seems you have been taken for a ride nishu.Don't trust every word your dealer says.Two years ago i enquired a MSIL dealer in Karnataka for booking a new swift - ' date=' the Executive said that it will take 5 months for ZXI and 1 month for VXI , but I got my Swift ZXI  from  Delhi MSIL dealer within a month of booking.It depends on amount sales a dealer is generating for MSIL so my advice go to a dealer with high sales as there is more chances of getting your car.

Even Maruti A- star  automatic is difficult to get these days with waiting list of 2- 3 months.

this Dealers act demands serious CBI-Investigation.

Hey nishu, Chill man.To be honest CBI no business here.Its car forum lets restrict ourselves to car  companies.There is really a huge demand and recent slowdown and agitations in our country  meant MSIL didn't invest in a new factory which they are going to do know so expect new Swift waiting time reduced.In a way I agree with MSIL policy.

And I know you are eagerly waiting for new swift to be launched.I will advice you go for any other car don't wait - its not worth and as a rule thumb by a new model  after two years - so that we know what is the status of the car and are not caught unawares like Hyundai i20 steering issue.

It seems you have been taken for a ride nishu.Don't trust every word your dealer says.....

...It depends on amount sales a dealer is generating for MSIL so my advice go to a dealer with high sales as there is more chances of getting your car.

Maruti Suzuki dealers in our States & even in neighbouring states are simply crap.

The delivery status for Swift is fledging only due to the Black Marketing happening here for the Swift Diesel. Here you can get Swift Diesel in a single day if you're having Rs.30-40k extra in your Pocket to feed the dealer in addition & even some dealers force the customers to buy the Insurance' date=' Extended warranty or some Accesssories from them also.

& Surprising everybody here is doing this for Swift.

But if you'll try to follow the Normal Booking-Waiting-Delivery route then you've to wait for 4-6months only.

this Dealers act demands serious CBI-Investigation.

Hey nishu' date=' Chill man.To be honest CBI no business here.[/quote']

That's the demand of the moment now, man.

Thanks to Hyundai & Ford dealers, who despite of heavy demand for their i20 & Figo respectively delivers the car with 15-20 days only & that's too without any conditions.

@roadrash- If you want to buy car, buy a car which is atleast a year old in the market - the reason is very simple - the first batch of cars - you may may never know the problems , it takes a year to know it- it is  a fact you can't hide from it.I can give you tons of examples but it is not worth while discussing at this moment.

What features is coming to Indian shores is still a mystery till the car is launched officially till then all is speculation about features, handling, comfort.

Secondly, blaming MSIL for late deliveries is nonsense - there are more things to consider - like cost of steel, diesel, petrol , cost to  vendors , how much the company can absorb cost before it is passed to customers,right price of car , margins of profit , cost of adding shifts and so on so forth.All this may seem in inconsequential but when you add all up  it affects deliveries.

Before knowing the truth commenting about deliveries like this is not called for.

Regarding attitude problems in dealership - These dealerships are owned by people whose past time is running dealership not their main occupation.

Besides, starting dealership requires lot of money- so an average Joe can ever set up dealership.

Hi roadrash,

will this be applicable for new swift 2011. cause its not a newly launched car. i.e from scratch.

what we hear from the newspapers is that in the new swift. Engine, suspension, etc is same as the old predecessor.

what they have done to the new car is with the looks. both interior and exterior.

what things do you think can create a problem in the new swift 2011.

C R A C K D O W N

In future any post with sms spelling and improper capitalization will be deleted. This is all given in the rules and regulations and no further infarctions will be tolerated.

MODS

Had an exhaustive conversation with SE of Local Maruti Suzuki dealership for the details of so long waiting period of current Swift & for the launch details of new Swift & as per him;

-The Current Swift is having waiting period of 5-6months presently(that means the car booked now will be delivered by September-end or October beginning).

-Reason for above is both Healthy demand & supply constraints.(the probable reason for the latter is that MSIL is shifting the Swift & Dzire production to its Manesar plant completely & the current Swift production is partly from its Old setup & this seems to be more oriented to clear backlog bookings only).

-For now they're currently taking the booking of Current Swift only, later on which can be shifted to the New Swift after its launch.(that seems to be a better thing otherwise the New Swift will be having a inborn waiting period of 5 months. That means a 'big NO' to shifting customers)

-Probable launch for New Swift is by June-end & for New Dzire is September or October2011.

I have never really been a swift fan if I am honest, however, on my recent trip back to india, I used my friend's Swift Diesel and as usual, she managed to floor me. Not my friend, the car I mean.. The swift IS the best all round hatchback in the market, all said and done though, Id still have a Punto. :D

I fear the S.E. has been exaggerating' date=' its actually ~ 3 months.[/quote']

Got this reply from nearby dealers like that of Ludhiana(4 dealers), Patiala, Sangrur.

But got same reply from everywhere. i.e: 5 months for Swift VDi & 6 months for Swift VDi-ABS. 

Whereas waiting period for Dzire VDi is relatively lesser i.e: 4-months.

The whole Punjab is getting crazy over Diesel cars & Swift diesel & Ford Figo diesel are the car of choice for them. & the huge demand for Swift diesel led to the scarcity of its stock in neighbouring states(H.P, Haryana, Delhi) also. 

YXe5Wl.jpg

On the Car and Bike Show Facebook page, enthusiast Chirag Madan has uploaded an image of the new Maruti Swift on Indian soil donning not an inch of camouflage. The location of capture is yet to be ascertained. Wherever that maybe, it tells us the waiting will soon be over. The improved Swift, introduced last year in Europe, will carry over the currently serving powertrains. Variable valve timing is anticipated on the petrol variant in a hope to improve performance.

Several readers have written to us stating select dealerships are accepting deposits to pre-book the new Swift. While the company hasn?ft spoken about the new Swift and nothing official is , many inquiries are said to be received in dealerships across the country. The new Swift could demand waiting period stretching into months if you are slow in reacting. IAB?fs received at least 50 emails in the past one month regarding the new Swift?f launch date and specifications. The Swift is set to play 2011?? Ford Figo. -IAB

My observation: The car in the pic looks like a Well finished production ready car but the clothes of the person shown in the pic tells something else, as this is the Dress of MSIL dealership staff.

'Does that means New Swift arrived at Dealerships !!' or something else.

thanks for the new update which you have posted.

and i hope so the waiting gets over soon.

About the bookings.

Dealerships in mumbai and navimumbai are taking the bookings for the new swift on first come first serve basis.

what really baffles me is. swift was suzuki's global car. it was suppose to be launched all over the world together.but that is not happening anymore. Perhaps the profit margins seem to be more in european markets compared to indian market.

now i see some articles on the net on the new swift 2012 model now.

Hope we do not get a backdated product from maruti suzuki?.