AMG1

2011 Swift- Test Drive & Review

2011 Maruti-Suzuki Swift delayed further due to Workers Strike

The wait for the most awaited hatchback of 2011 just got a bit longer. As much as IAB wants to get its hands on the 2011 Maruti Suzuki Swift, we are afraid that all of us will have to wait for another quarter for the actual launch. This time, it is the labor-management relationship to blame.

The recent Labor-Management standoff at Maruti

Maruti discontinues current Swift' date=' new one to arrive in August [/quote']

Doctor, this looks like a relief news to me. I have been a silent follower of this forum all these days. I booked my new swift the to be launched one in Ooty in March and been waiting all these days, but poor dealer does not even know the launch date till today when I called to enquire about the new swift. Let me again hopefully wait till this gets launched.

New swift is going to appeal only for premium users' date=' proof being No ABS on VDI - nothing official but floating news[/quote']

@creativebala - please don't put speculation in this thread.MSIL hasn't formally even annouced launching date or even variants.

Good News - Indian Swift will bear 1.2 Vtec engine' date=' so assured?better performance 'n FE. [/quote']

Exactly bala.

Its going to be equipped with 90PS, 1.2l K-series VVT petrol engine delivering 20kmpl(ARAI).

BTW, Have a look at 'Made in India' New 2011 Swift ZXi at;

New swift is going to appeal only for premium users' date=' proof being No ABS on VDI - nothing official but floating news[/quote']

@creativebala - please don't put speculation in this thread.MSIL hasn't formally even annouced launching date or even variants.

Its not pure speculation, I got a call from Chennai Maruti Regional Office to upgrade my VDI ABS booking to ZDI, so it could be considered as near official. We seniors wont discuss mere speculations here.

PS- No offence please!

The Maruti Suzuki Swift has been getting alot of attention lately and

now we have got some exclusive information for you. The all new Swift

2011 will be launched in the third week of August, around the 15th to be

precise. Bookings have already started and waiting period is close to 3

months already. Maruti Suzuki has tried its level best to get all

features on the international Swift to the local Swift and has succeeded

to quite an extent. The new Maruti Swift carries alot

of features from the international Swift, which you would never dream a

Maruti to have as standard equipment. There are two engines on offer and

the petrol is available with a 4-speed automatic as well. Maruti Suzuki

wants to prevent cannibalization of the Swift with the Ritz by

positioning the new Swift as a premium hatchback.

New Maruti Swift 2011 Engines

1.2L VTT Petrol Engine

Push button start/stop is becoming a standard feature, nowadays. Xenon headlamps is great. Though it looks similar to the old Swift in photo's, have a feeling it will look great in flesh.No wonder the i20 is getting a facelift.

@Anand Sivaraj;

That's really a great specification list for a Premium Hatchback but still I think; -The FE Motorbeam mentioned is a l'll bit too optimistic.

-Some features like Xenon headlamps & Sunroof seems to be l'll bit too much for India & I think Suzuki might not introduce these in India, as obviously due to cost-saving reasons.

Even then lets wait for its launch here to reveal the realities.

Guys? if you take a close look at the interior picture puzzle' date=' at left of the steering wheel we can see buttons. (Is MSI going to offer Cruise Control for top end?)?

[/quote']

At one side of steering wheels there're buttons for Audio system & at other side there're buttons for Bluetooth phone controls.

This car is really seems to be very promising with loads of creature comforts.

Expect Premium pricing as well.

@Bala; Which version you've finally opted? ? VDI OR ZDI ! !

From pictures posted by Rahul1810, I could make out some things missing from new swift as compared to UK version-

• There is no leather wrapped steering wheel
  • no phone answering buttons in steering wheel band no buttons on right side of steering wheel.

• no storage compartment above dashboard and center console looks slightly different
  • Alloys look very downmarket and lack the classy look of European Swift