AMG1

2011 Swift- Test Drive & Review

Some excerpts from Swift fan page on fb;

-Premium Interiors with new

dashboard design, best in class fit -finish and

high-end integrated stereo, only in the new Swift.

- Power just got a new

meaning. New VVT engine and better power output

for improved performance. Only in the new Swift.dr_nishu2011-07-21 07:47:24

I visited MSIL yesterday for a business meeting. I got these details of new Swift from one of close source.

It comes with more fuel efficiency than the older version

4x4 drive as an option

pricing : Around 70 thousands more than existing swift excluding 4x4 will cost you something more than that.

Launch is planned in mid August 2011

Interesting thing is they are worried with the kind of bookings for New Swift as they are overwhelming response

@Gurrala:

Is it a fault of my eyes or I have read 4X4 SWIFT?smiley37.gif

Well,now MS will provide the rally spec models too from its factory,if yes.Then hats off.

But still how much the 4X4 is applicable on Swift because the ground clearance is not going to support it and secondly the transmission tunnel will intrude into the cabin a bit too much leading to the uncomfortable drive+I think height of the car will also increase leading to the roll.

pricing : Around 70 thousands more than existing swift excluding 4x4 will cost you something more than that.
With this pricing a lot of prospective buyers will shift either to Ritz(maruti loyalist) or to any other brand including i20/figo/polo/fabia.

***EDIT*** The heavy discounts presently available on Ritz may get over soon. Because swift pricing will automatically shift a lot of buyers to Ritz.
ashikawa2011-07-21 11:51:08

Vipul@ See this was just an informal information along with some other discussions at MSIL, however 4x4 is not on the cards immediately and they said it would be a option and for that it may take more time or the 4x4 thing may be coming up with their new model r-III.So I am not endorsing this news as very genuine one.

ashikawa@ Yes you are right but, see people who love to buy swift will defenately buy the new swift whatever its price or shape, because it is very popular car in the country now. I agree with you on the people going for Ritz, as you can see I bought a Ritz recently and of course there is a price implication in this as apart from comfort and space the Ritz is Rs.16000/- less costlier and I have also felt that Ritz is fresh just 2 year old and picking up so well now as lot of Ritz are seen on the road and it is very good practical car in all aspects. Already no discounts on Ritz now when I bought. They were giving some Rs.40000/- in march'2011 and now no discount and 2 months waiting period( I was very lucky to get my car within a weeks time as one of their customer's loan got rejected and it takes 20 days for him to get that approved, hence showroom people took a quick decision to sell that allotted car to me).

When petrol price hiked recently, people just started looking for diesel cars and most of them do not want to do experiments by throwing 5 to 6 lakhs rupees on new brands and not proven or with less ASS network, so it is always again Maruti the most reliable one in the country and YES Ritz is on the cards now and when new swift comes our price sensitive brothers will look for Ritz instead of Swift and also go for Vista Quadrajet and Punto(they have started offering diesel car to the price of petrol). If some body want to buy new swift then he will defenately look for Polo and Fabia for sure. One more threat for swift is Beat diesel is expected to launch in this month and very budgeted customers will buy beat too.

One more threat for swift is Beat diesel is expected to launch in this month and very budgeted customers will buy beat too.
With petrol prices going sky high, Beat seems to be the best option as on date. I hope that GM will price it right from the first day as they did for petrol.

Well,if the Beat is priced competitively,which is surely going to be happened then its really going to shake up the small car market too.

Now the people can get the diesel option even below 4.5 lacs(I am sure the base variant will cost below 4.5,maybe near about 4)then this will give nightmares to many small cars.

People who are loaners will go for this against Wagon-R duo or A-star because the amount they will pay for loan installments+petrol per month will be equal if they pay a bit higher installment for Beat diesel as it will compromise on running cost and Chevrolet 3 years promise will work as icing on the cake.

Here are some pics of a Swift which is parked in the MS plant at Gurgaon,enjoy them:

SORRY FOR BAD QUALITY..

rcbcb.jpg

MY6An.jpg

h2DzG.jpg

C49ZO.jpg

wH3ZL.jpg

It's a ZXi variant,in other words no conformation on ZDi.TSiVipul2011-07-22 12:36:37

The swift looks wide enough from the outside to the current model but lets see how much of that width is transferred in side. I have seen the vehicle in the service bay at sai service phonix mills mumbai and the rear looks hideous to me . Also the alloys look like they have been designed by a small girl.

@Rssh:

+1

Even I was also thinking the same about the alloys.They looks totally characterless.In fact they have a somewhat flimsy look which does not support the character of the car at all.

@Vipul & rssh;

rcbcb.jpgSuzuki-Swift-1.2-petrol.jpg

No doubt the New Swift is more longer & wider than previous one but More than actual width this car is having more apparent width as the Headlamps in the New Swift are bigger & are pushed to the extremes of the car, making its Front grille & Air dam bit wider, while in the Old Swift they're small & lie very much towards the inner side.

So best way to figure out is to compare the bumper end-to end analysis.

It's a ZXi variant' date='in other words no conformation on ZDi.[/quote']

ZDi is confirmed & its confirmation is printed in all Media sources like Magazine, Newspapers, forums, websites.

Dealers have also started taking its bookings now.
dr_nishu2011-07-22 16:03:01

ZDi is confirmed,but still I am thinking if it will be able to survive in the Polo/Fabia territory because if the ex-showroom price really is 7 lacs+ then you can get a good Sedan or even better hatches there.

Well again Swift VDi is going to rule the market(hoping so,but with increased price tag,nothing can be said).

ZDi is confirmed' date='but still I am thinking if it will be able to survive in the Polo/Fabia territory because if the ex-showroom price really is 7 lacs+ then you can get a good Sedan or even better hatches there.
Well again Swift VDi is going to rule the market(hoping so,but with increased price tag,nothing can be said).
[/quote']

MSIL already unveiled the Info that they're going to increase the Price of New Swift by 25-30k. As Previous Swift VDi retailed at Rs.5.35 lacs only so expect New one to cost Rs.5.65 lacs.

Difference between previous Gen-Swift VXi & ZXi or Dzire VDi & ZDi is around 70k so expect New Swift ZDi to retail at maximum of Rs.6.30-6.40 lacs only. 

Rs.7 lakh+ price tag is too optimistic for Maruti Suzuki hatchback & they own will avoid this to happen.

Exclusive: 2011 Maruti Suzuki Swift launches on August 1, 2011

A little while back we told you that the production of the current Swift had been ceased at MSIL plant in Gurgaon as the all new Swift is now being produced on the same lines since July 1. We were also told that the all new Maruti Suzuki Swift will be launched in the second week of August, 2011. However, we have now received confirmed news that all Maruti Suzuki showrooms in Tier 1 cities will get the all new Swift for display on August 1, 2011.

While we have already told you what the tentative pricing would be like for All New Swift in India, the official pricing and the variant information will be out by August 1. Maruti Suzuki has already started printing teaser advertisements of the all new Swift, while a teaser website is now online at www.MarutiSwift.com. The showrooms are not only converting existing bookings of the Swift to the all the new Swift after customer consent, but is also taking fresh bookings for the all new Swift already  - so by the time you read this news piece, the waiting period for the new Swift would have already crossed the four-month mark in all Tier 1 cities. 

The new Swift is expected to start at Rs 4.65-lakh ex-showroom. (Oncars.in)

Keeping the launch date a side, it looks to me that the NEW SWIFT is not going to work for Maruti. You may say there are lot of bookings by now, but the moment the launching of the model officially happens and the prices are out then the real thinking will start in all the SWIFT lover.

There is no much face lift, it looks almost as good as old one. I do not see much of a difference

Pricing going to be higher and people have other options of sedans in that price like DZIRE, INDIGO MANZA and others. So with its price i have a strong doubt that this experiment of maruti is going to be a flop. Ofcourse this is my personal opinion only being an owner & fan of Maruti cars.

@gurrala

ACI says every body panel is new in the Swift. They continued the design because it was very well liked and its identity. Just as Mini Cooper and Beetle have essentially the same.

The new Swift is much more roomier, has better quality, bigger equipment list. Maruti has been a champion at pricing cars and I don't know anytime when they have not priced a product competitively. I am 100% sure this will be priced below likes of Polo and i20.

The idea to make the Swift more premium has multiple advantages. Gives breathing space to Ritz, which was getting stifled between Wagon R and Swift. Also they plan Dzire CS and the RIII MPV both of which are to slotted below SX4. Dzire CS should sell around 20k cheaper than current Dzire, RIII around 40k higher than current Dzire. Swift should start retailing at around 4.4-4.5 lakhs.

My future lineup prediction

Ritz- Same as right now

Swift-Starts at 4.4-4.5 lakhs ( up from 4.1 lakhs right now)

Dzire CS- Starts at 4.7-4.8 lakhs(down from 5 lakhs right now)

RIII-Starts at 6 lakhs

Obviously with higher pricing I expect sales of Swift to come down marginally. 9000-10000 a month down from 12000 a month, but Ritz sales will rise to 8000-9000 a month from current 6000-7000 a month.

Don't forget i20 with its poor engine and quite a few complaints sells 7000 units a month. Swift and Maruti and much bigger pullers and 9000 should be a piece of cake.

Well,the new Swift may come but still I am thinking who the potential buyers of the car are according to Maruti?

Are they Polo/Fabia/Punto buyers,if yes then Maruti is on a wrong way because these are some different type of buyers who have decided these cars for them after a lot of thinking as well as these cars are related to their hearts more than just the sheer practicality.

Now if the Swift will be priced higher then none of us can expect the DZire to be priced lower than before,so now you will get the DZire-compact instead of the complete DZire at a price even higher than before.

With Etios grabbing the market day-by-day,how can Maruti take such a decision?

Now Liva and Swift will cost equal!!And everybody knows that people run after the magical 'T' badge even more than the magical 'S' badge.

As mentioned by Rahul1810:

The new Swift will actually get a piece of the cake but not as much as it deserves,while the Ritz which was my all time favorite will now attain its deserved position,a position higher than the Swift.TSiVipul2011-07-23 08:24:49

You may say there are lot of bookings by now' date=' but the moment the launching of the model officially happens and the prices are out then the real thinking will start in all the SWIFT lover.[/quote']

The new Swift will actually get a piece of the cake but not as much as it deserves

Here are the current prices of Swift/Ritz/ Polo on road Mumbai . You can analyse the future with this.

T8qlql.jpg

As per some spy reports, New 2011 Swift ZXi/ZDi will come with Bare basic features as of Ritz ZXi & isn't coming with already segment introduced;

-Push button start system.

-Swiss knife like folding Desmodronic key.

-Bluetooth enabled music system.

-Black-beige or Greige Interiors.

-Optional Sunroof.