AMG1

2011 Swift- Test Drive & Review

I drove Beat Diesel today. No words to express my experience with it. Its really superb in terms of noice level, pick up, handling on road,steering smoothness and cruise. I am really impressed with GM for making such a great diesel car and most important is it is covered with 1,00,000km/3 year warranty. Fingers crossed on the fuel economy.

Few things dissappointed me, its pricing is really high when you look at its capacity 1 L engine buddy. So with this range of pricing people will defenately opt for proven and more spacious cars like swift,punto,ritz,vista

other bad things were its seating(especially driver side) is uncomfortable while driving, it is very conjusted and lastly its ground clearance is really poor as it easily hit little big speed breakers and little deep path holes.

But with all the above it looks to me SWIFT ERA IS OVER as it looks out dated now and if there is any price increase then for sure it will fall down( I personally do not like any maruti suzuki vehicle falling down like this, but ofcourse I like Ritz over Swift)

This is the reason I have posted this information here on this topic.

@Rshbhjain:

You may be happy to know that there will be nothing like a Cruise Control on the new Swift(as mentioned by Dr Nishu) it will just come up with the basic features of a ZXi/ZDi and a bluetooth connectivity too.

There's never a dull moment on Indian roads, no chance of relaxing when at the wheel. Constant speeds are not possible in the Indian traffic scenario. It's a veritable obstacle course here and also obstacle's could literally jump on you from no where.

Indian ZXi version on New Swift will not feature any Bluetooth connectivity or Cruise control.

Instead it'd come with Rear Tail Spoiler as a differentiating feature over the other versions aka Liva/Micra dCi style.

As per reports Rs.25k is the expected price rise over Gen1 Swift.

BTW As per DWS, MSIL had already got 25000 Bookings for this New Swift even 20 days prior to its launch.

New Swift ZXI spotted in Ahmedabad 

Snaps of the new Maruti Swift ZXi from Ahmedabad. Being the top-end model strapped with a 1.2-liter K Series engine equipped with variable valve timing, the Swift ZXi is maxed out on equipment.

Seen in these images are steering mounted audio track and volume toggle controls (there

The best thing that happened to both Maruti and Indian Consumer.

I still remember middle of 2005, when Swift was launched, it was amazing at the word go.....and since then no car has a history of waiting period till discontuniation..... this is something, that even Maruti did not anticipated...THough this car had typical Maruti Rattles...but still one look at the car and i was sold compeltely on buying this thing....

Now the new one....benchmark raised higher....

Look at competition:  Liva...no character,

Ritz: Good car for decent people

I20: for those who dont want to buy Swift(thinking that its too common)...now common even Iphone sells in millions!!!!!

Polo- Only outer looks, though great character..

Figo---common....which century design...God knows....

Great car...wish i could attend the launch party...

If This Gona Be The New Car(pics posted by ashikava ji)...then this is not the car for which people were waiting...this car is not ready for any competition with i20,polo and other cars in this segment...i am totally dissappointed with maruti...still expacting for more features filled car on launch.

If This Gona Be The New Car(pics posted by ashikava ji)...then this is not the car for which people were waiting...this car is not ready for any competition with i20' date='polo and other cars in this segment...i am totally dissappointed with maruti...still expacting for more features filled car on launch.[/quote'] Still if you keep the track record in mind, I feel anything with Maruti Suzuki logo will sell like hot cake. It will take a very long time for indians to adopt products other than Maruti/ Hundai. One of the reasons behind it that by the time other players entered the market. These two companies almost established themselves in a monopoly status.

[quote name=[quote=sumithanda3]Polo- Only outer looks.
I think you didn't checked Polo interiors and overall quality personally.Its a way ahead of any other hatchback( including a lot of the sedans) in Indian car market.

Swift which is still due for a launch has already clocked 25,000 bookings till now! According to the NDTV Car And Bike Show anchor Sidharth Vinayak Patankar the new Swift has clocked around 25,000+ bookings. I think indians are crazy maruti not even disclose any details regarding the trims,specifications not even price.

Swift which is still due for a launch has already clocked 25' date='000 bookings till now![/quote']

This is a week Old stats brother.

Latest is breathtaking for its rivals.

Check it out at; www.dwsauto.com/maruti-clocks-38000-bookings-for-the-new-swift/

i.e. New Swift clocks 38k bookings 16 days before its launch. IMHO, After New Swift's launch Its going to be best time for its rivals to launch their products like;

-Liva Diesel.

-Polo 1.5 TDI.

-i20 fluidic facelift.

New Maruti Swift bookings touch 40k with 15 days for launch

Has this kind of pre-launch activity surrounded any car in India?

The new Maruti Swift is leaving no record unbroken as bookings marches towards the 40k mark. This sort of an activity before a launch has never been witnessed in recent times. Tata missed the chance to do something unimaginable after the Nano made international head lines and was the talk of the town for more than a year since its Auto Expo debut.

But a change in production plant meant they had to cut back on bookings.

Source:IAB

It happens because, It is a Maruti Suzuki car, It is Swift, It has been a proven car on roads from last 6 years.

So there is no comparison with Nano. Nano is something different and it still a wonder in world Automobile history by its price and innovation, of course the numbers may not be very encouraging, but its Indian Invented baby where as swift is a borrowed baby.

So I am not that excited for New Swift bookings as it is common for such car and i feel most of them will be disappointed after they buy one.

So I am not that excited for New Swift bookings as it is common for such car and i feel most of them will be disappointed after they buy one.

Exepect Maximum to maximum 10% cancellation of bookings after its launch, which would be probably either due to Extremely long waiting period or product disliking.

New Swift will gonna Rock the nation & you've to believe this fact.