sarabjeet

Spied Renault Fluence - Now Launched

This car looks much like New Mazda2 based fiesta from its Rear end or its the another way round.

Previous Fluence Test car was spotted few months back in Chennai& now in Pune.

Seems Renault India is doing all India testing rounds for this car, afterall its Fortunes in India are hugely dependent on this car.

dr_nishu2011-02-25 19:57:02

Here are some snaps of two Renault Fluences(white,gold) having test runs at the Yelagiri Hills(240 kms from Chennai&150 km from Bangalore). There were a total of 5 Renault Fluences but oly caught white and gold one coming down the hills. After some time a gold Fluence followed us going up the hills behind which I caught in my mobile.

The driver rushed away swiftly(decent acceleration) as soon as he saw me snapping pics(was in my Qualis).

dsc00078od.jpg

dsc00080a.jpg

dsc00081wbj.jpg

dsc00082v.jpg

dsc00083ml.jpg

The car does looks gorgeous and had an attractive looking alloys and side profile. Overall I was impressed with the Fluence.

@tejas:

AMG1 is right. The car looked as long as a Corolla Altis/Laura. It definitely is slightly longer than Honda City. But what this car brings to the segment is a totally different styling.

Each car has its own styling element:

Corolla: Corporate looks

Fluence: Elegent and Beautiful

Civic: Futuristic and youthful

Laura: Matured Look

Cruze: American muscle Look

Jetta: No nonsense look

What I am worried about is the interior quality, A.S.S and parts supply. We have seen these issues creep up with new brands more often than not(E.g. Fiat and VW). It does look gorgeous though.

Now my Skoda Octavia Rider Spl edition nears 4 years by Aug 2011. Now i'll need to replace it by a new vehicle by the time it achieves 5 years. Though I am satisfied it has never faced any problems and has done around 65k kms, I think replacement is imminent and should be by May next year (2012).

Now I am spoilt with choices:

Now my considerations are only Diesels btwn 10-20 Lakhs and below are the choices

1. Renault Fluence

2. Skoda Rapid/Laura

3. VW Vento/Jetta

4. ????

May also consider Hyundai i45, but Hyundai lacks luxury feel.

Will not consider Corolla Diesel, Ford & Cruze as Altis is to sluggish & Chevy is not my cup of tea. Enough of struggling with Fords.

Any suggestions from you.

Will Renault be able to sell it alone without the support of M&M?

Renault alone is very aggressive on its India plans, they're very much Style oriented in terms of the styling their cars(except Logan, which is a Nano of sedans in Europe) & to the showrooms where they sell them.

And after burning their hands with M&M JV & in experiencing this market, IMO they're now mature enough to carry their Baggage alone here.

& also Renault have already appointed Dealerships in 3 major cities of Punjab -Ludhiana, Jalandhar, not sure of the 3rd one though & they'll be having class leading Display outlets across its competitiors aka French ishtyle..smiley10.gif
dr_nishu2011-05-08 14:44:52

Let's see whats there with the Renault for India...Yeah,maybe like the VW Renault may also be able to set up a quality and style image in front of the buyers,this is going to be interesting.

Hormazd just tweeted that Renault is starting with 14 dealers in 12 cities and the Fluence launch is confirmed for June 2011. Also planning about 100 dealers in 55 cities by 2012.

Also mentioned that the estimated price would be 12 for petrol and 14 for diesel.

Diesel engine mileage according to ARAI to be 21.84 Km/L.

IMO, Renault India have unveiled the 'Assembled in India' Renault Fluence today here:

MPGMGl.jpg

Few more Details about it:

Petrol & Diesel engine options:

-2.0 petrol 137ps, 190nm, 13.42kmpl ARAI, 6 speed CVT & 6 speed manual.

-1.5 Diesel dCi engine -106ps, 240nm. 21.8kmpl ARAI FE, which is best in class.

Fluence price will be revealed on May 23rd. It'll be around Rs 12 lakh for petrol and Rs.14 lakh for diesel.

Twitter

I think the design is still plane jane by today sedans standards ,after launching this Renault's image as poor designed car will become permanent in people mind . The cars looks VFM but at this price point there is nothing exciting with the car.

Is there any news about the Clio or Clio V6 coming to India in near future?

If their website dotted representations are to be believed then, by Jan2012 Renault India will launch All new/next-gen Clio in India, based on Renault-Nissan 'V-Platform' on which Indian Micra is based.

But still not any Concrete confirmation on it.

dr_nishu2011-05-10 19:32:14

Fluence will launch on 23 May,2011 Apart from the 6-speed AT, the car will also have a keyless entry and engine start function, along with dual zone climate control.  There will also be front and side airbags in the top end variants. The car will come with a 2+2 year or 80,000 km warranty along with 24

So, the Fluence will be the first Renault in India? Curious! Here it's not a great success. But it takes many parts of the Megane, which sells very well. No worries about the quality of the interior: it is the scoreboard of the Megane, the quality is excellent.

The selected engines are reliable, the 2.0 16V petrol engine is designed by Nissan and the 1.5 dCi diesel is wide spread and widely experienced. It is surprising that they preferred to put the 2.0 16V engine instead of the 1.6 16V more fuel efficient.

The Fluence is 4 cm longer than a Skoda Octavia for example. the trunk is very roomy.

for more, I found a brochure in English : smiley2.gif

Renault Fluence Brochure

And another, from Australia withe 2.0 16V engine en right hand drive.

Fluence 2.0 16V RHD Brochureguiguiswiss2011-05-17 13:44:26

@

guiguiswiss

Very nice information.

After looking at the brochure the Fluence seems very promising  in and out.

The interior is very impressive if compared with expected Nissan Sunny.

Only concern is about performance of the 1.5L diesel engine.

2.0L Petrol engine is nice option but rising petrol prices may effect the sales of the petrol version.

Overall this car looks like an excellent package by Renault and shows a clear plan of Renault to stay for long in India. smiley20.gif

The Nissan Sunny doesn't exist here, but it seems much smaller like the Clio. The only diesel engine is this 1.5 105hp, not to compete the Renault Laguna which is more powerful (in diesel 105hp to 235hp V6) and more expansive smiley2.gif ... While the Megane also receive (in diesel) a 1.9 dCi 130hp and a 2.0 dCi 160hp!

According tests of automotive press, this engine is just adequate, not very expressive but fuel efficient : 7.4 liters for 100km... The petrol engine is more pleasant especially with the manual gearbox. The CVT is unpleasant to use...