akmangal

Type of Diesel for my Swift VDI.

Use only Normal Diesel, since your're residing in Metro city & its already supplied with good quality BS-IV Diesel. So need not to use Hi-performance diesels.

Follow this practice at least till first year after purchase or till 20k kms.

Well don't add additives everytime you fill diesel . The premium fuels themselves have additives so don't worry so much about them.

If you are so much worried then add additives after 20 k kms (in every 5k period there after).

Please note that no manufacturer suggests the use of Premium diesel. There were many instances of black smoke & injector failures in CRDi systems due to additive content (Swift as well as Fiat). and were not covered under warranty. Read the owners manual carefully. Since most manufacturers CR supplier & systems are same, the usage of premium fuels may deteriorate fuel system over a period of time. Having used a Swift VDi with normal diesel, i have gained the best performance & economy. understand that any fuel additive which removes hard carbon from engine are corrosive in nature and will definitely cause wear & tear in fuel system componets & engine as well. My advice to stick to normal diesel of known good quality over premium fuels. The best you can do to a Diesel engine is 1. Good quality normal diesel 2. Clean air Filter 3. Periodic Engine oil Change (Mobil Delvac) 4. Fuel Filter replacement as per schedule............ replied from a Tech Support Manager from a leading auto manufacturer.