I live in Bangalore & I am finalizing on buying a car in the next few weeks.
My monthly usage will be like this:
Within the city: Approx 1000 kms
On Highways: Nil  / Less than 100 Kms

I have finalized on the New WagonR 1.0. Now I know that its not a great highway as I feel it may tend to have body-roll due to its tall-boy design.
I need to know if this in anyway affect the city-driving?

I look forward to helpful suggestions / recommendations from the Forum members.

-
Girish

Thread moved: To the right section.
BornFree2011-03-03 06:04:32

In my opinion Wagon R is have advantage of more interior space,better interior, Less ownership cost (Spare parts price is 10 % cheaper than i10),better fuel efficient motor, Wide maruti Service network etc.You will feel the body roll only cursing more than 120 kmph in highway.

i10 looks better than Wagon R in looks,Ease of driving and performance (1.2 Kappa).

Take test drive of both the cars. You will not go wrong with your decision.

Instead its the best City car with its Compact External & Wide Internal Dimensions due to effective Space Management.

Its Highways Manners are also good, not as bad as you predict from its body height. 100-120kmph in it is a stable affair.

Its engine is also Refined, Powerful & Fuel efficient at the same time.

Thanks for your post, Doctor.

I have been driving a Maruti 800 STD car from Aug-2000 till date & will continue driving it till I buy my next one in the coming months. The next car that I am planning on buying will also stay with me for a long time!

Therefore I am being careful on my decision so that I make a right one!

Now I am not considering cars with 1L 3 cylinders engine. Which as reported has higher noise levels while running. I do not want to end up with a car that becomes out-dated with its contemporary cars in the near future.

I have decided to wait & see what Etios Liva & Brio have to offer.

@girish;

Maruti Suzuki's K-series of engines are amongst the World's finest Petrol engines.

It's a very Refined engine with very low NVH levels, as compared to other 3-cylinder engines, like 1.2l. 3-cyl HR12E petrol engine of Nissan Micra & 1.2l petrol engine powering VW Polo.

Your decision about wait for Liva & Brio sounds good but they'll not arrive as soon as everyone expects.

Expect Liva deliveries to begin by Aug2011 & Brio by Oct/Nov2011.

Good information doctor.

@Girish:-You have to spend minimum 5-5.5L Lakhs for getting Liva & Brio with essential features. K-Series engines are awarding winning innovative engines and known for its LOW NVH value.If you are not in hurry then wait for Brio and Liva.

You can choose between the i10 and Wagon R as both are best sellers for their respective company in the category.

The Swift petrol LXi / VXi with its K Series engine is also an excellent car and beats the competition.

@girish- WagonR is quite good a car and makes a good buy too. i totally agree with Dr Nishu's views.

at the same time hyundai new i10 kappa2 makes a senisble buy, so you can obviously have a look at it once. whereas Etios Liva or Brio is concerned , it will not be launched soon.(might take few more months) however if you are ready to wait for them its the best optionsmiley1.gif