Himangshu

Hatchback under 5lac

The car that fulfills most criteria here I guess is the indigo e-CS, but if u don't like that, a better option is the ford figo and also Nissan Micra is worth looking at tho I don't know if it would fall under 5 lacs.

If u look at maruti, then try the astar

I think the chevy beat also falls under the same criteria

Take test drive of Ritz,Figo& Swift.Buy Ritz if you like its shape.It is good for performance,FE and comfort. But Its Boot (236 L) is not spacious as Figo (284L).Figo is overall good VFM Car.If you do not find your companion in Ritz and Figo wait up to May for All new Swift.

Smartech engines has just arrived and have to wait for getting feedback about it. It will always better to buy tried and tested cars. GM has improved its image still people are hesitate to buy their cars. Beat is a good car to drive but too compact compare to RITZ,Swift and Figo.Beat will sell like a hot cake in case GM decided to reduce the price 50K lesser than the current price level.Bigger cars in the segment like Ritz and Figo spoiled the game by keeping their price low.

Large Trunk? How Large? For a small family with children below 10 and the couple, Ritz/Swift serve the purpose.

For a reasonably larger family (1 more adult's luggage) Figo and Vista would do the needful.

Go for a CS Indigo if more space is required.

Performance, FE of Ritz/Swift/Vista is almost identical. Figo is in a league of its own. Its nice no doubt, taking a test drive might allow you to take a better comparative decision.

You haven't mentioned your running and the budget/special needs for A.S.S. Go for petrol if running is low. Punto/Polo/i20/Micra might scrap in if you stretch the budget a bit and live in or around a city having dealership network.

Safest options to chose from might after all be Ritz/Figo/Swift/Vista.

@himangshu

many hatchs fail the requirement of a larger boot under 5 lakhs. Since you haven't mentioned the fuel type you are looking for i guess it would be petrol.

You have 2 cars to choose from . (well there is wagon R but its too Dated now)

>Micra

>Figo

If its a petrol forget about Ford. I'd say take a TD of Micra its suites your requirement perfectly

@Sabarjeet;Micra is a good car to drive. But they have only 27 dealers so far in India.They have show rooms are service centre in Bhuvaneshwar that is the nearest dealer for Himanshu (Assam).Practically it is difficult for customers to buy a car which do not have service centre within 20-25 kms from our house.

Go for Ritz VXi or Genus petrol version. Its one one of the best car available for its Price in its segment.

Whereas Micra is expensive & Not much as Refined incomparison to Ritz & its K-Series petrol engine.

Guys how is the Hyundai i10 1.2

Its not the Fuel efficient of the lot & Steering Rattle trouble is one of its main Menace for it.
dr_nishu2011-03-04 16:52:45

Earlier it was scheduled to hit the country roads by March end or starting April but considering the Toyota's status regarding Etios sedan deliveries, Etios Liva hatchback probably won't hit the Roads before May-end or June beginning in price range of Rs.4-6 lacs.

It is worth to wait upto May for the launch of New Swift. But It may not be worth to wait for Liva. There is a chance that Liva will share many goodies with Ethios Mainly the interior. Ethios known for its Interior space,ease of drive,Toyota durability,Large boot space etc.

But the longer waiting period,Interior plastic quality and rear styling faded the artificial hype created by Toyota in Dec-Jan for boosting the sales.I feel toyota may enter Taxi segment by introducing CNG-Diesel variants of Ethios and Liva.

Even you book Liva in May you are going to get within 2-3 months time.In case you are seriously looking for buying a Hatch back why dont you look to tried and tested Ritz,Figo and Swift.

Hi, for your requirement, the options will be as under:

1)Good performance

: Ritz = I-10, Beat

2)Good fuel economy

: Ritz, I-10=Beat, Micra

3)Good comfort

" Figo, Micra, Ritz=I-10, Beat

4)Large trunk= Figo.

So if you are ready to compromise on Boot space, Ritz makes more sense with K-12 engine. It is a great combination of power and F.E. Second best will be I-10. Both these cars are tried and tested, have very good ASS and will provide your trouble free ownership experience for a long time. The resale will be very good too.

If you are driving for around 1000 kms/month, please increase the budget a bit and go for Figo Diesel.

All the best.

Another good option is the Honda Brio, due for launch around July or august this year, if I remember correctly.

It will fall into ur price range and being Honda the interiors will not be compromised.

Regarding the Liva, having had a look at the Etios, should be a cheap Toyota to go for. The build quality is good, but u might not like the cheap plastics. Also the rear seat being flat has one small issue to my personal taste- the car rolls slightly, and when it does the rear passengers will be thrown around a little and might find it a bit uncomfortable. This is again my personal opinion having experienced this when test driving the Micra.

At a range of 4-6 lacs, the Liva is definitely worth looking at once though.

1)Good performance  - Ritz' date=' Upcoming Swift, May be Brio
2)Good fuel economy - Ritz, Brio, Upcoming Swift, Beat MJD, Vista MJD, Figo D
3)Good comfort - Brio, Ritz, Vista MJD, Figo D
4)Large trunk - Liva, Vista MJD, Figo D
[/quote']

If you are in a hurry, buy Figo D, if not wait for Brio. IIRC, Brio will be using, man maximum & machine minimum, i.e, Brio will be spacious than Swift, so it will offer better space management, super FE, better performance, Honda's reliablity & resale.