asethi919

My new car: VW Polo 1.6.

@A Sethi:

Else' date='I'd recommend you to go for a fully loaded Polo 1.6(For its sheer handling and punchy performance,believe me IT CAN PLANT A SMILE ON YOUR FACE WHENEVER YOU PRESS THE ACCELERATOR.[/quote']

@A.Sethi:

I am sure that now a days you are amongst the happiest workers in your office.Once again congrats for this promotion.

Actually the above mentioned is what I have already posted on this thread and now I am eager to know if you have done it(press the accelerator hard),if yes then share those true magic moments with us too and let the others thrill on the forum.

Here is my experience with Polo 1.6:

Firstly I got my friend's Polo 1.2TDI's booking cancelled and made him book this gem for himself.After that we took the car to Shimla for enjoying the snow with me driving 100% and here are my experiences:-

Overtaking on highways is a joy,just shift down one or two and let the tsunami of power blow the others away.The handling is better than all the everything available in the market with steering very precise and quick on response while the body control is far better than others(ignore PUNTO here).The car is well planted at even 150+ speeds and the accelerator is so much friendly to the driver that it begs you to press it hard and harder whenever you see an empty stretch in front of you.And brakes are really league ahead the others,one incident to mention it was on the trip to Shimla which will prove the abilities of the car in itself:-

On our way to Shimla we firstly went to Chandigarh for some urgent work,on the way we found a Honda City V-tec and a Hyundai Verna racing against each other,so what the Polo factor took over our head and we were out of mind and accelerated the car mindlessly and overtook both of them by making the Polo cut the traffic like a scissor.Then after sometime the Corolla in front of us braked hard(130-0kph),same was done by us too,only change I made was that I took a sharp cut and braked the car.The Polo came to stop just with the Corolla while the Honda City tailgated the Corolla and Verna did to her.That time I recognised the real braking of the car.

In the hills the car works very easily and there is no stress feeling on the engine you just need to rev it high.

And even after all this mess we have done..we got a decent FE of 13.2 overall.

This is a machine which can make even the most serious drivers mischevious.

I AM WAITING TO HEAR YOUR EXPERIENCE...I AM SURE THIS MAY HAVE HAPPENED TO YOU TO,BECAUSE THIS CAR REALLY DRIVES YOU.

@Vipul: Now I get it. So you do this sort of 'driving' on regular basis, I think, first it was your 'misadventure' while trying  to get a shot of the speedo giving the TSI the stick, I believe your 'friend' received a bump on the head in the process. Now with your 'friends' Polo. What you're doing could put yours & someone's life in danger. You seem to be mighty proud of your antics on the road, that's the problem. And you are expecting A Sethi to do the same.smiley13.gifsmiley21.gif

Durango Dude2011-06-30 06:53:03

@Vipul Thanks to you and others for recommending the car. My heart was set on it already and with everyone onboard I finally went for it.

The car has great acceleration and really does pick up like a monster and the sound it makes is pure joy. But I have not driven it past 120Km/h and I try to avoid the temptation.

I have done such silly antics in the past too when I was a few years younger but better sense has taken over me.

A sad incident

I was 21 and just out of college. Around 12.30am I get a call from a friend that another friend from our college had a accident and is in the hospital. I reach the hospital to find out that, the ***** friend of mine was driving his Corolla at a speed of around 160Km/h on a nearly empty Noida Expressway(very near my parent's house) and had an accident with another car. We dont know who was at fault in the particular incidence because the higway was nearly empty and it was the higway patrol that found both the drivers and brought them to the hospital. He passed away in another hour or so.

Thing to note here is that he was a very good driver who had many years of experience and was a regular participant of amateur rallies too. Even he made such a mistake and trust me when I say this, it can happen to the best driver in the world too. Its better to control the adrenaline in you than end up in a situation you will regret for the rest of your like.

@ Vipul : I have a non abs polo and have no doubt about the braking capability of Polo. Once i too had to brake suddenly and the car stopped instantly without any screaching sound, though i had no confidence in the car following me will also stop without taligating me.

Now a word of advise. You are a young champ with good driving skills, better than anybody else with a lot of experience of driving so many cars and even trucks/buses(as posted by you somewhere if i am correct).  But please remind indian roads are not meant for such high speeds. Please do not put your own life and the life of others as well in danger with this kind of racing on road. And IMHO the good driving skill can only be proved at very low speeds instead of high speeds.

VW Service Issues Continued

I got a call about a week or so ago from the VW showroom Saket or from the headoffice or something asking about my exprience with VW. I told them how inefficient the salesman was and how punctuality is nothing more than a poor joke to VW.

So yesterday I get a call from the Sales person who handled my sales call begging me to sign a paper saying my queries have been satisfied. I simply said how could you possibly satisfy any problems now. The endless delays and inconvenience caused can not be reversed.

Anyways, he just came to my office with this form stating that my queries have been satisfied and was again pleading me to sign in. I did sign it just to get rid of him but I seriously doubt I will recommend VW, Saket to anyone ever.

Anyways' date=' he just came to my office with this form stating that my queries have been satisfied and was again pleading me to sign in. I did sign it just to get rid of him but I seriously doubt I will recommend VW, Saket to anyone ever.[/quote'] They gave me a feedback form at the time of delivery to rate the service on 1 to 5 scale, and cleverly wanted me to just sign. it. But i filled all the coloumns and given 3 on so many points.

Same time i understand that i got the best hatchback available in india and no other product can satisfy me like Polo. So i learnt to bear some of their incapabilities and how to get the things done in presence of all this negetive aspects.

@Friends:

Its not that I am promoting over-speeding or rash driving.I don't have any such intentions too.I am just trying to mention the abilities of a car-a gem in my way by giving an example.

I accept that I drive rash,but its done only on long drives(350+ kms)but still I take care of others on the road and its seldom that the accelerator and steering rules my mind but whenever its done,its quite amazing.

One more:Sorry for posting,but its last.

The handbrake of the Polo is also amazing,just try once and you will make it drift daily.My friend's car's tyres were replaced at just 9k kms only because I love to drift and same is now going to be done to my Laura too(I AM ID**TIC SOMETIMES).TSiVipul2011-06-30 16:49:07

@asethi - Congrats on your purchase of VW Polo 1.6 and sorry for not wishing you a bit earliersmiley9.gif.

@vipul - from reading your posts you like driving your cars fast especially in highways for that I have a good solution.why don't you go to Chennai to drive in a proper race track for a nominal fee under watchful instructor it would be fun and learning combined.

@Archit I don't think that the Polo requires bigger rims than it already has . Also the PCD and the tyres size are not common , it is very difficult to get choices for alloys for Polo and Vento .

@Archit I like the company fitted rims. Also I am not a mod fan as they seem childish to me(not trying to offend anyone. Just a personal preferrance). No mods shll be done whatsoever. asethi9192011-07-01 07:56:53

@Archit I like the company fitted rims. Also I am not a mod fan as they seem childish to me(not trying to offend anyone. Just a personal preferrance). No mods shll be done whatsoever.
That's correct decision. I too feel that your Polo doesn't need any mod. I personally do not like to disturb original things.

@Asethi:

For the Polo 1.6 the company fitted rims and tyres are simply adequate with great levels of grip and a good blend of ride and handling offered by them.

And if you drive your car(I mean drive seriously)and don't try to make any stunts out of it then there is no need to add anything on the Polo 1.6 because it is simply more than adequate.

TSiVipul2011-07-05 03:53:17

Covered 1500Kms and got another tankful(4th I think). The mileage shown by the car is exactly 1Km off from what the actual mileage is. Anyways 13.5Km/l seems like a decent figure to me. Have no complains whatsoever besides the lack of steering controlssmiley19.gif. I dont think I will ever get over not having them.

@Asethi:

What to do with the steering controls when you have an engine which sounds sweeter than any singer?

What you need to do is to adjust your foot on the accelerator and the music volume changes accordingly..smiley2.gif

13.5 kpl overall is a decent mileage,I think you haven't driven it with a real hard foot in the city,that's good that you are not getting controlled by the 1.6smiley36.gif

So its been around 6 weeks since I got the car and it has covered about 2300kms already. At this rate, I guess the first service isn't far.

Have been lathargic about getting the extended warranty. Skeptical about getting the AMC. I dont see a point to paying them that much money in one go just to save 8000-9000 rs over a period of 4 years.

Planning to call VW Saket tomorrow to enquire if my car was eligible for the free AMC or not. And maybe getting the extended warranty.

Do you guys recommend the extended warranty or no?

@Asethi:

If it would have been a Maruti then I'd have never recommended you to go for the extended warranty,but in case of Polo,as already mentioned by DD the problem of engine heads makes it more sensible to get the extended warranty.

So its been around 6 weeks since I got the car and it has covered about 2300kms already. At this rate' date=' I guess the first service isn't far.

Have been lathargic about getting the extended warranty. Skeptical about getting the AMC. I dont see a point to paying them that much money in one go just to save 8000-9000 rs over a period of 4 years.

Planning to call VW Saket tomorrow to enquire if my car was eligible for the free AMC or not. And maybe getting the extended warranty.

Do you guys recommend the extended warranty or no?[/quote']

1. There is no AMC for Polo 1.6, so you need not think about it. Its only available for Polo  1.2 Petrol as of now. Cost of serivicing for Polo 1.6 is on higher side compare to 1.2.

2. I strongly recommend extended warranty. Its a small amount and will give you peace of mind for next 4 years. What i am aware of is those bought car on or after April 1,2011 need to buy it at the time of delivery itself.

I think Skoda and VW both lies an nearly same basket(after all one is father and one is son) and scared from some horrible Skoda ownership stories I got the Skoda shield without thinking even once(actually it was offered for free on Laura TSI when I bought it smiley2.gif)and same I am feeling with VW too at an extent.So extended warranty is a must for me.

Got a call from VW Head office. From Mumbai, I think. They wanted a feedback on my purchase experience. I mentioned that I was very happy with the car but I got a delayed response for just about everything from VW Saket showroom and punctuality was a real issue. I said obviously there is nothing that can be done now but I am telling you this since you asked.

An hour later I get a call from my Saket dealership saying that 'a query has been raised about your experience with us. Also saying, that since they had already apologized for the delay, they believed for the problem to have been resolved.'

I explained to that woman how, apologizing for something wrong you did, does not change the facts. The endless delays by VW are a fact and if I am asked for feedback a 100 times, I will mention it a 100 times. She says that 'the query can not be closed till I send them a confirmation that the problem has been resolved'. I said to her that there isn't a problem and there is nothing they can do to resolve it. Its just the way it is. They still insisted I send them an email stating that the problem is solved. I refused.

guyz i hv booked a white polo 1.6. i m worried as the new polo comes with jk tyre n not appolo acelere will this make any difference in the ride quality and my brother says that the polo 1.6 is not fuel efficient and gives 8-9 kmpl in city and highway.

i am planning to buy a vw polo. i've heard from many about the average sound quality of the speakers in the vw polo. should i change the front speakers and put polk db 6501 will i get good bass and sq in front and rear because of the tweeter. and what will be the price of the polk components in mumbai. i have only heard them once and i liked the sound quality.