autocarrider

Most Comfortable 100cc

Hi everyone.
I need to buy a 100cc-125cc motorcycle.
The main priority for me is comfort.I ride for about 50kms everyday.
So please suggest a bike that is the most comfortable for back-pain as I suffer from back problems.

I prefer bajaj or hero honda.
1. 5'6" height
2. daily 40kms commute
3. Mileage at least 60km/liter
4. Low maintenance
5.decent resale value

6.budget~Rs.55000

Really like the discover but don't know how comfortable it is(test drive too short) and is supposed to have more maintenance.
Please comment.

Thank you.

Posts merged: ACI Support.
BornFree2011-03-05 15:56:46

Hero Honda Splendor is the best 100cc bike in the country offering the best blend of Looks, Performance, Fuel efficiency, Reliability & User-friendliness.

Just check out its latest Splendoe PRO version.

Or another option is to the Most Promising 100cc bike in the country today, Bike of the year-Honda Twister.

It offers everything the Splendor offers but in a more Refined & fuel-efficient way.

Do Check it out.

Thanks for the replies.

Stunner and cb twister have some really weird styling for my taste.

Splendour seems too common.

I like the bajaj discover but I keep hearing that bajaj bikes are crude and inherently prone to more maintenance problems(than say a hero honda).

Please comment.

I personally just cant get over the fact that hero-honda and honda bikes have no 'engine kill switch'.

I travel through a total of 12 signals during my daily commute and cant imagine no kill switcheek.giftongue.gif

Thanks again.

I like the bajaj discover but I keep hearing that bajaj bikes are crude and inherently prone to more maintenance problems(than say a hero honda).
Please comment.

That was true at the time of Bajaj KB100 & 4S Champion bikes.

But as developed its own R&D, their products are much better & desirable now, beating even Hero Honda by leaps.

Just compare the 4-year Long term Ownership Report & Costs or Glamour with that of Discover125, you'll come to know about the difference.

Being a fact, No 100cc HH bike delivers not more than 55kmpl in any conditions whereas CT100, Platina, Discover100 ususally deliver fuel efficiency of above 60-65kmpl easily even in City conditions & you can easily achieve 75kmpl+ from them on Highways.

Today's Bajaj bikes are Most Hi-Tech, more feature laden, Pleasurable to drive & fuel-efficient than any other bikes in the country.

For a good commuter bike for 100cc you can go in for Passion pro which is a comfortable and reliable vehicle ,but for travelling 50kms daily on a bike you should try to go in for the Bajaj Discover 150cc

Reason for supporting Bajaj Discover

1. The 150cc engine vehicle is not expensive to purchase .

2. It offer disc brakes which are required nowadays

3. The ride is great but handling suffers a bit

4. The milege will be not very low as BAjaj has tuned engine for cruising than racing like the Pulsar (only 12bhp to pulsars 14.5bhp)

Discover has little hard suspension. Hero Honda Splendor is a good choice for your ride, but has no disk brakes. Honda Unicorn or Shine will be a perfect choice ever nowadays, but you have to stretch your budget for getting anyone of this two golden pieces also the mileage will be 55kmpl only. (Discover/Splendor/Unicorn/Shine)Choose your best then go! Congrats in advance.

@autocarrider : With my personal experiences, my choice would be a Hero Honda first. Check the Splendor, the most comfy bike, less maintenance, Excellent FE, Good resale value,And for your budget it leaves your pocket with extra bucks.

The Honda Shine is also a good choice, but i suggest you to stick on to Splendor.