skthakur

i10 magna kappa 2 or Ritz vxi- which one to buy?

Hi friends,

Very new to this forum and this is my first post. I want to buy a car with budget OTR 4.5 L to 5L. I have confined the choice in two - i10 magna kappa 2 and Ritz Vxi after 1 months of research.

Now I am very much puzzled and not able to decide which one to buy.

My requirements are -

1. fuel efficient
2. comfort and space

3. low manitenance and good A.S.S

4. My wife can also use the car

5. will operate mainly in city, 20km per day

I have negociated in hyundai and maruti show rooms (in hyderabad) for both of the above cars and got price - i10 magna kappa2 - 4,87,000 with music system and all accessories (worth Rs 22K)  Ritz Vxi - 4, 90, 000 with accessories of 4K. I needs to add music system in Ritz Vxi on top of this price.

Please help me to chose any one of them.

I'd advice you to go for MS Ritz VXi here over i10 as

-1stly its more Powerful(84PS than 80PS of i10) & considerably more fuel efficient, as it delivers 14kmpl easily in city conditions against i10's 10-12kmpl.

-Performance-wise its better than i10 & is more Refined also.

-Its offers more Space, Comfort & Road presence than i10 too.

-Being a Maruti Suzuki its Relatively easy to maintain with relatively lower Ownership costs.

I'd advice you to go for it..

@dr_nishu
thank you for reply and suggesion. I have read reviews about kappa2 that it is giving 13-14kml in city even though some problems are not totally removed from its previous version kappa. my wife's vote goes to i10 magna kappa2. I am in favoure of Ritz Vxi becouse of its K series engine.

This is my first car and want to keep it next 10 years. thank you again for your reply.

I will suggest you to go for Ritz since it have better engine,better Interior space,Lesser ownership cost,Better durability etc.In case of ease of driving especially for ladies i10 scores more.I will give 9/10 for Ritz and 8/10 for i10.

Doctor was indicating the real world fuel consumption figures and that is true that Hyundai is comparatively less fuel efficient than Maruti.

Hello Thakur,

I would suggest Ritz ZXi, since it had almost all the features which you would require in a small car and comes at a very good price too.

IMO, it is better to go for factory fitted Stereo, Remote key-less entry system etc as factory fitted instead of allowing the after market installer(or even the dealer installation) to rip-off your door pads and interior plastics for installation.

Hi guys, I took test drive of Ritz vdi (i am planing for Vxi which is not available for TD at that time) today evening. I like the ride. again me and my two friends sat at rear seat, and didn't feel conjusted or suffocated like chevvy beat. the ride was smooth. because of vdi, it was lil'bt noisy, which may not be in petrol version.

Thanks sanjithchandran and carispassion for the valuable suggesion, I would have been the happiest person if i could afford Zxi, my budget forsed me to limit till Vxi. Even though I made my mind for Ritz, i will go to TD for i10 magna kappa2 which is still my wife's choice. But I have many doubt about kappa2 engine. still its new and may be hyundai again lounch kappa3 after one year to remove kappa2's complains...

http://archive.autocarindia.com/autocar_forum/member_profile.asp?PF=4456&FID=16' target="_blank">

and didn't feel conjusted or suffocated like chevvy beat. the ride was smooth. because of vdi' date=' it was lil'bt noisy, which may not be in petrol version.http://archive.autocarindia.com/autocar_forum/member_profile.asp?PF=4456&FID=16' target="_blank">[/quote']

Ritz petrol is really a Breeze to drive with its Silky smooth K-Series engine.

One of my cousin is having Ritz ZXi since last July & he's very much Satisfied with it. However, Ritz D is pretty Noisy, even more than Swift D.

You'll forget i10 kappa1, 2.. after driving Ritz petrol.

Go for it with the variant as per your Budget allows, you can't go wrong with it.smiley10.gif

Go for Ritz.

Most of the points like space, Fuel Economy, ASS have already been covered above by our dear friends.

As you intend the to keep the car for at least 10 years, any day a maruti suzuki scores over a hyundai. There is a perceptible difference in the build quality of the cars. In addition, Hyundai does not maintain the resale value/identity value of its car by going for facelifts and changes too often. With Maruti you would be rest assured that a model once launched would stay on the shelf for at least 5 years before any major changes occur. This helps keep the spare prices down and as one goes down in time line the prices spares actually go on decreasing.

Secondly, Maruti prizes its customers. Once you have kept a car for a length of period of around a decade, there are many goodies on offer on service. I have a 1995 model 800 DX and they offer 50% concession on labour charges besides taking extra care of the car. So really, in the long run Ritz makes sense.

Get your wife to test drive the Ritz. She would certainly like the Seating position and the high stance of the car which is very user friendly.

Maruti will keep its models for minimum 10 years and the Average life span of a Maruti car is 15 years. In other side Hyundai is known for taking out its slow selling cars without any prior intimation or give face lift every 3 years. This may be good for Hyundai for improving sales figures but not good for existing Hyundai car owners. In past they have taken out Getz and Elantra from market even they will soon take out Accent also.

Maruti do not have any plan to give face lift to Ritz for another 3-4 years time.Ritz is sharing many parts with Swift,Dzire and SX4.After 1 years the sales figure for RITZ+SWIFT+Dzire+SX4 will go more than 40K+ from todays figure of 32K Cars. So definitely spare parts price will come downs in future.

Always first time customers used to prefer Maruti car because of its reliability and may be in future you can go for any other car makers which is making equably reliable cars.

Recently i have suggested Figo to one of my cousin since he dont like the rear styling of Ritz & Swift. 1 month before he met accident and engine mountings has broken. Since then it is lying in Ford workshop because of non availability of spares.

Now a days many good cars are available in cars in the market mainly in 3-6L range.All these cars are equally good in looks,Interior,Comfort,Fuel economy,engine performance,space etc.But we have to be very very conscious about after sale service of the car and Ownership cost.You will get many promises & assurance while buying car but it will goes away once we take out from show room.So buy only tried and tested model.

Well said, folks! Ritz is, anyway, a cut above i10 (say, B+ segment v/s B segment i10).  I would like to know people's reaction to the fact that underbody rusting is more common in Hyundai cars than in Maruti. Any idea?  Even after 7 years, my Alto with underwheel anti-rust paint has no rust while my friend's 5 year old Santro, with same treatment / same climatic / garage condition, made him spend 22k recently on that a/c.

Of these 2, Ritz is better. Looking at Petrol price, you can consider LDI variant even though your need may be lesser miles per month.

i10 scores over Ritz in only 2 area. One being beige interiors & other better build quality. In every other area, Ritz scores.

For ladies, I would suggest you a Micra too, if you have a Service station nearby.

OT

If you can wait a little, you can even consider AN Swift.

If you can wait a little more, you can even consider Brio.

Hi guys

Thanks all for the suggession in terms of technicality and usability.We (me and my wife) have decided to go for Ritz Vxi. I will book tomorow.

I have one concern, in Vxi, driver seat hight adjustment feature is not available, neither have steering adjustment. My wife will also drive this car and her height is 5'3''. Is it going to be difficult for her?

Again , now its time to chose color. our personal choice is Fire brik red (my wife's) and Blue Blaze. please share out of 8, which color suits best with Ritz?

My wife will also drive this car and her height is 5'3''. Is it going to be difficult for her?

Ritz ( Figo is also good ) gives us wonderful view of road' date=' something available only in vehicle of SUV or MUV segment, so get used to it will be done very soon. If desired, you can put some cushion to increase the height in her learning stage.

which color suits best with Ritz?

Coffee Brown

Mine is Fire brick red .Again this color was chosen by my father ,brother in Law and Wife. Red,Blue ,Black,Brown,& Green need special attention like any other dark color.Ritz look really nice in White color. Silver have advantage that it will not shine in the begining or fade away for many years.It is difficult to find out scratches in Silver color.

Choose Firebrick red and make your wife happy since you did not listen to her while choosing the car. Just Kidding.

Like Bala said no probs for seating position in Ritz.Since it is a tall boy car it will give you better visibility of Road.Most of the ladies used to sit very close to steering and drive. So thiswill work our for your wife also.

Do not forget to do teflon coating,Under body treatement,Keep full mud-caps,Original side beeding etc.

All the best.

Hi guys,

Thank you all for responce. I booked "Blue Blaze" Ritz Vxi today in GEM Motors, Hyd. We find this color suits with Ritz very well. me and my wife prefer to chose "Blue Blaze" color over fire brik red.

I got a handsome discount of  Rs 31,500/- (25000+5000+1500: consumer+dealer+corporate) and booked at onroad 4,89,165/-. Dealer gives very few accessories, these are 1. Mats 2. Mud Flaps 3. Steering cover 4. Reverse Horn 5. Perfume with Auto card and Scratch Card (can win upto Wagon Rsmiley16.gif).

The delivery will be on saturday and we are really excited.smiley1.gif

Thanks all again for sending good informative responce.

Congrats skthakur for booking Blue blaze Ritz VXi.

Its really a great with Super quiet & efficient engine, you simply love to drive & keep that car for years & years.

Goodluck n Don't forget to post the pics & Initial ownership experience of your Ritz after getting its delivery.

Thank you all for responce. I booked "Blue Blaze" Ritz Vxi today in GEM Motors' date=' Hyd. We find this color suits with Ritz very well. [/quote'] Congratulations on your new car.

Dealer gives very few accessories' date=' these are? 4. Reverse Horn[/quote'] And please don't install the reverse horn, even if its free. Its actually a pain to others.ashikawa2011-03-13 11:16:17

Hi all,
I like to thank you all for the help to choose the beautifull Blue Blaze Ritz Vxi. I got the car last week exact on the date promised by dealer (GEM Hyderabad). I like to share my blue queens snap here...

@Administrator, can you please allow permission me to upload image from my system?