dr_nishu

Bajaj Discover 125 DTS-i: Returns

2011-bajaj-discover-100-photo.jpg

As per various Scoops & Media News, Bajaj is going to Re-launch its Super-successful Discover 125 DTS-i but in a new avatar which is supposed to be loaded with some Refreshing changes over its previous version.

Changes expected are;

-New 125cc DTS-i engine with Swirl Injection type technology.

-5-Speed transmission.

-Front 220mm Disc brake option.

-Rear Gas(NITROX) Suspension.

-New 3D Body Graphics.

-New Instrument console dials.

-Attractive LED Tail-lamp(carried off from Discover 150).

(Source of info: Motoroids)

I lost count of number of variants of Discover and Pulser. They do mix-and-match with various variants and create confusion in buyer's mind. It somewhat erodes brand image. Thats why Discover could never be a Splendor or Passion.

This can be confusing and can become a cause of dissatisfaction to many. I wonder what marketing strategy is on mind ?

Some might feel that other models might have problems which led to the re launch  of the previous one.

@apvkt: Bajaj Auto is going to detach Bajaj tag from Discover, Pulser & Avenger. They are going to develop these as dedicated sub brands with own identity i.e. Discover for commuter , Pulser for stylish & VFM sporty bike while Avenger would be high end (from Bajaj's POV) cruiser brand.

It is an interesting thought I will be eager to watch how it unfolds. It might work in future if Baja want to go up in the ladder. As we can see from Maruti & Tata story, it is very difficult shed image of initial models and produce upmarket models later.

I like the fact that Bajaj has increased the power and kept the weight low. In other words, this means more power for the rider not the bike. Compare it with my GS150R @ 150K, diff 30Kilo! But I'm still not convinced that Bajaj is concerned about the quality. And yes, design and branding, a 150 cc bike should speak for itself. it will not.

They have it all Discover 125/135/150, the XCD 125/135, the Pulsar 125/150/180/220?

I am not sure which ones I have listed here are being manufactured or not? Its brand confusion at its best by Bajaj.

Earlier the Boxer / Platina were entry level bikes followed by the Discover and then the Pulsar. But its not so now.