Sign in to follow this  
esteem

SPOTTED THIS TODAY (15th MARCH) AT NH-8 DELHI-GUR

Today while my way back from Gurgoan, I spotted this unusual looking vehicle, have no clue what this was. Tried clicking few picks however the vehicle was reeving at high speed, therefore the clicked snaps are not too great looking.

It is an armored Tata Sumo for sure due to its distinct silhouette..

It could be either of following-

1.testing of this prototype for urban areas  like Srinagar by Paramilitary

2.used by a Bank( highly unlikely)

3.A Paramilitary vehicle

Even for any proto type vehicle or any test vehicle or any defence vehicle, there shall be some registration or the other.  How come this does not have any registration number on either the rear side or the right side of the vehicle ?  

The alloy wheels look like those of my Xylo.  Could it be a Mahindra vehicle ?  

This seems either prototype or final version of armored vehicle of Tata to compete with M&M's Marksman. Or it may be some special purpose customised vehicle of Military made by Tata or M&M.

Seems more like a Tata vehicle than of M&M but if we see second pic carefully and also the alloys it looks like vehicle modified from Xylo. It's totally confusing. smiley5.gif

Nice pics buddy ! 

Indeed it is confusing.I drive a 2005 esteem & good lord it was difficult for me to chase it, however kudos to my iphone was able to click it as this beast took a breather & I went passing by.

I don't know what this fuss about xylo's alloy wheels is about.Can't Sumo have similar alloy wheels or maybe just to disguise.It is an armored vehicle and M&M will not use Xylo platform for military armored vehicles when it has already developed marksman and axe.

Mr. Spock2011-03-16 12:32:56

I don't know what this fuss about xylo's alloy wheels is about.Can't Sumo have similar alloy wheels or maybe just to disguise.It is an armored vehicle and M&M will not use Xylo platform for military armored vehicles when it has already developed marksman and axe.

Actually defence vehicals are different. Yes there are Marksman and Axe but Army also customizes its vehicals. They have different vehicals for different role and sometimes only the chassi is same.

For all we know this may be a Drdo product

Army also customizes its vehicals. They have different vehicals for different role and sometimes only the chassi is same.

For all we know this may be a Drdo product

Exactly this is what I meant.It could be a Sumo with wheels  from Xylo as the profile is distinctive of Sumo.

@Esteem and all:

I KNOW THIS VEHICLE,these vehicles which look like the off-springs of a Land Rover have been seen by me in NSG camp of Manesar(Gurgaon),most of them does not bear any logo on them....

Anyone with some extra clues?

And yes,I recommend anyone not to try to get inside the NSG to check them out due to his/her enthusiasm...else...

The fit and finish is like some Tata or Mahindra product.Look at the

crude Tataish tail lights! But all its clues lead to the Ford Endeavour

and Endeavour (4X4) only.The dash is 100% Endy and so are the alloys as

alreay identified by friends here.Seems the website link shows its

named as the Concorde!

Overall a splendid find esteem.

anjan_c20072011-03-17 16:41:35

But what is baffling is that how is it going around without a registration plate?

Might be having a Secret coding for such a Hardcore & No non-sense Armoured vehicle instead of Proper Registration Number.

& probably due to that its having Wild/weird type of body shape & body parts but On the other hand Interiors luxurious enough to enjoy the Scene of a Battlefield with full Charm.

@esteem: 

Cheers for spying & posting one of the Rare kind of vehicle of the country.

If I were you, I would have definitely left off this as another Defence vehicle plying on the Road.    

This is what its all about.

NEW DELHI: After announcing a $500-million plan to enter the Indian small car market by 2010, US auto major Ford on Tuesday said it aims to supply vehicles to the Indian defence sector.

The company, which launched a new version of its sports utility vehicle Endeavour powered by a 3 litre turbo diesel engine, is considering the military version of the vehicle for Indian defence use.

We do have military version of the Endeavour in different countries and bringing it into India should not be an issue to us," Ford India Vice-President Marketing and Sales Scott McCormack said.

It all depends on the specifications and requirements by the Indian military. Talks are going on now, he added.

articles.economictimes.indiatimes. com/2008-02-19/news/28412508_1_engine-plant-endeavour-indian-defence

@Drfty No defence vehicals doing tests have special passes, they can only be registered as defence vehicals once it approved by armed forces.
sarabjeet2011-03-18 13:24:33