Sign in to follow this  
maverick786us

Linea Mid Range

I am looking for a an year old Linea Diesel. Today I was going through the specifications and I was kinda shocked when I saw that it uses the same 1248CC Multi Jet Engine used by Punto and Dzire.

Now people complain about Punito's roughness compared to Dzire because of 105KG extra weight that it carries. Since Linea uses the same engine and is more heavy than Puinto, how will it perform?

@maverick786us
It is not true that the engine is same' date='though its true too..only difference is that Dzire uses an FGT whilt Linea uses a VGT so power is more,but its not such enjoyable..
Performance is below adequate,but mid range is okay..
[/quote']

OK so what is the reason it got such a good rating

Good rating!!!!

When,Where and who gave it??

In the Linea MJD,there is nothing good except the handling,body balance and matured ride quality..rest quality is below the mark,performance is also just okay..In fact it has good performance,but problem is that the rivals are better.

Good rating!!!!
When' date='Where and who gave it??
In the Linea MJD,there is nothing good except the handling,body balance and matured ride quality..rest quality is below the mark,performance is also just okay..In fact it has good performance,but problem is that the rivals are better.[/quote']

So in rival what would you recommend?

In rivals' date='I would recommend you to go for a Verna,it will be Vento if you are ready to stretch your budget.[/quote']

I know Vento is everyone's dream car. But it was launched on July 2010, so I am not sure if there will be any good offer in that car

Despite of different body weight, Its the different Gear ratios, different ECU mapping & engine power output that makes all the difference between these different cars.

& Fiat usually offers shorter initial gear ratios for sporty & easy city driveability whereas Maruti Suzuki provides taller gear ratios for fuel efficiency stakes.

But specifically speaking Fiat Linea diesel features adequate performance & driveability figures needed in Casual Routine usage.

& maverick, you can definitely go with it if you're getting the good deal.dr_nishu2011-03-18 18:41:34

@Dr-Nishu:

I am not criticizing the Linea,nor I am a Fiat basher.Only what I feel wrong is the Tata A$$ for Fiats,Quality of initial Lineas(Note:I am in love with T-Jet).Though the chassis is fantastic and handling is in a league of its own,but engine seems to be underpowered every time to step on to accelerator.In my views it may be better to go on or a used Verna(it would be a high mileage deal for an equivalent cost of Linea)or a Chevrolet Optra Magnum may work for nearly the same price,only problem is that the running costs are quite high as compared to Linea.