swiftvxi06

2011 Hyundai Accent Transform

Looks like they have put the i20 grill on the ageing Accent. The interiors remains unchanged nevertheless which is a positive function of this aging sedan.Changes are so minimal even auto experts would be confused and think that they being fitted from after market shops.

1. chrome finished tacky looking grill

2. Chrome plated Number plate garnish

3. Chrome plated side strips.

In my opinion the current outgoing model looks much more upmarket than this new facelifted variant.

swiftvxi062011-03-18 11:39:57

The Accent sells in good numbers even today (1224-Feb 2011) .Its sells much more than Ford Fiesta (1074-Feb 2011) ,Chevy Aveo (172-Feb2011) , Amby (302-Feb 2011) , Mahindra Logan (1151-Feb2011) and even the Toyota Corolla (985-Feb 2011)!!!.Its average sales figures are from 1100 to 1400units per month.

swiftvxi062011-03-18 12:19:49

The only thing we have established till now is that Hyundai is really bad at mid-life facelift(although Accent way past mid life).

But its understandable why Hyundai is doing this. Simply to keep the product in notice and continue to sell it in the reasonable no.s it is doing. Also sharing parts like the grill with other products means further economies of scale which saves them money.
asethi9192011-03-18 14:18:35

Hyundai has again made mischief with face. 

Hyundai spoiled aggressive and smart looking face of Verna by giving new face and now they have done with Accent. But atleast there is no major change from old to new accent only more chrome shine is visible.  I liked old Verna's front than the new one.

Attractive price within range of Manza and Dzire will help to boost sale.

But the Accent looks very old so only price will help to continue sale of aging Accent.

I still like Accent's smooth gears and front visibility which adds more confidence while driving.  But back seat is too low and not very comfortable for calf and thighs.

Personally I like these changes in Accent but it would've been more better if hyundai have also added few bits more to Spice-up already tempting package.

Also heard that Hyundai is planning to Re-introduce CRDi diesel powerplant in it, which might be shared with presently doing Verna Transform or i20 diesel. With these plans hyundai seems to be refusing to phase out its their lucky Indian business builders(Santro& Accent) which are now making their range more value for money oriented.

To conquer Etios territory seems to be the Hyundai's mission now.

Now waiting for 2011 i20 Transform now with Sorted out steering rattle, fresh set of Interior & Exteriors & new i10 based 1.2l VTVT kappa2 petrol engine.   dr_nishu2011-03-18 17:16:21

@Friends:

Can anyone please tell me what is seriously new in the new Accent,except some whacko looking mods which can be done by any mechanic.

Oh,now I understood,Hyundai to save designing costs got the Accent designed for free of cost from any corner mechanic...smiley36.gif

Today i saw a newspaper ad of the new Accent on The Telegraph.In the ad the car doesn't look so bad as in real life pics. Plus there is a new variant of Santro named GL Plus. Posting the ad

8ydouw.jpg

Source : The Telegraph, Kolkata Edition

swiftvxi062011-03-21 05:35:49

The Only problem with Hyundai is that , no wonder what , they are not Phasing out the outdated and the old model cars in INDIA , even though there is the replacement new ones. Instead they are simply doing some very minor changes with the exterior/interior. Santro /Xing might have done well in Indian Market, but that was few yrs ago. but from 2007 its been WagonR, i10 and other cars leading the Segment. I agree that decreasing the price might help.Still I rather prefer that its time for Hyundai to Phase out Accent. 

mndvishnu2011-03-21 06:07:04

Accent is a great car if one can accept and age old car as against the new cars available in similar budget.

It's better to have Accent than to have a hatch back of similar price.

May be Hyundai will keep Accent to compete with Ford Fiesta 'Classic' , Logan , Dzire etc.... 

Some serious exterior and interior changes will keep alive this brand.

Hyundai should stop such stupid face lifts. This seems like an after-market fitment - like the chrome ones that are available for the Scorpio.

IMHO, if Hyundai plans to keep the Accent alive, there should be a change to the engine. If I remember correctly, there was a DOHC engine in the Accent during its launch. Don't know good the engine was.

A diesel engine from the i20 and a refreshed interior can make wonders for this car.

I still love the Accent for its looks and if I'm in the market for a 3 box car with a tight budget, I would definitely consider this one rather than the Dzire.neerajd2011-03-24 04:15:26

this thing looks pathetic!!!!!!!it is launched on 23rd!!!!!hyundai should think of introducing some of its nice cars like azera,genesis,equus,veracruz etc.i absolutely love these cars smiley4.gif

@swiftvxi06

what you said is exactly correct,the new accent looks are horrible,the old car was better than this and making some chrome inserts in the new car,they have increased 30,000 than the old car,which is unnecessary,i think hyundai is spoiling the accent name!

@dhaval

ya,what iam saying is true.they launched the vehicle in chennai and the old car price was 5.73 lakhs in chennai and now it is 6.10 and compared to the old accent-Delhi,they have increased 30,000

If I remember correctly' date=' there was a DOHC engine in the Accent during its launch. Don't know good the engine was.

A diesel engine from the i20 and a refreshed interior can make wonders for this car. [/quote']

That 1.6l DOHC petrol engine was simply pathetic.

Very unrefined, poor fuel efficiency, high noise levels & high maintenance costs are its highlights.

Infact its currently featuring 1.5l alpha petrol engine is better suited to it.

However 1.4l Diesel from i20 does makes best sense & can make this car to clock volumes of atleast 4-5k cars/month.

Is it true that they will increase price by 30k for just minor cosmetic changes ?

Not at all..

Infact the new Accent 1.5 petrol Retails at 5.01lacs(ex-showroom Chandigarh) & its previous version retailed at 4.99 lacs at the same place.

This 2k price rise seems to be probably due to recent March Price rise exercise not due to this nose-lift.

@dr.nishu in chennai,they have increased by 40,000 and in delhi by 30,000 and the new accent runs only in its older engine and no new changes to the engine have been made.

Source:The hyundai employes-Dsc hyundai,chennai

What Rs 40,000 for those cheap front grill, chrome side strips and a chrome rear deck lid.!!!!!!!smiley26.gifsmiley26.gifThey could have rather introduced a 1.4 Crdi varaint for that price increase..The previous Accent was a VFM product for its price, now its totally opposite scenario. Its better to discontinue it rather than selling it for such a huge price increase,that too without any important engine or mechanical change!! smiley21.gif.

Post edited: Emoticon usage restricted.
BornFree2011-03-27 03:37:31