GKwatra

Buying Suggestion

Hi folks,

I am planning to buy a new car. My usage should be 1000km+ a month.. I have shortlisted Swift Dzire. I will be buying petrol version-lxi as my budget does not allow me to spend more to get Diesel. My plans are that if cost of petrol rises exorbitantly, then I will get CNG instaled after few months.

Q1) What is the mileage with K12 engine. (Would be great to find someone who owns k12 petrol)

Q2) How is the overall performance of the car and its running/maintenance costs?

Thanks for your help!

Thread moved: ACI Support.
BornFree2011-03-22 11:28:47

@Gkwatra- shell out an extra lakh and buy the diesel itself. let me tell you. Diesel Dzire's resale is around 60 - 70k rs more than petrol. so when you sell it , you get 3/4th of the extra lakh paid , back. Plus the running cost per km for diesel turns out to be much better and you do save a lot in 3yrs. so i prefer you to forget the idea of Petrol , then adding CNG etc. n go get yurself a Diesel Dzire smiley1.gif

@GKwatra:

You have simply made the best choice out of your budget,since you have already mentioned that you cannot stretch it any more,so I won't ask you to get any more expensive car.In fact.its better than the diesel variant and with your running of just a thousand or two kilometers,the petrol makes too much sense.The K12 is a brilliant engine with a lot on offer under its arsenal and fuel economy is decent too.

Though if you can settle with a hatchback,then I would recommend you to get a fully loaded Swift ZXi at nearly the same price,but if you consider it seriously then the positives are(You won't get an extended boot,but many other things are on offer):

1)ABS+EBD+Airbags+wider tubeless radials:Better drive and handling with great active and passive safety.

2)You get the car installed with everything.

3)Small in size,light on weight:As a result,great FE and and nimble handling with no parking tension in cities..

AND MANY MORE..

The average of the car is about 11km/l in city and 17.5km/l with AC. The performance is great and will keep a smile on your face every time you drive it around. The service should cost less between 4k to 5k yearly because it is a product of Maruti Suzuki. Since you are driving 1000+ km in a month I some how feel that CNG would prove cheaper from diesel in this case plus you will also get benefits of petrol like low maintenance and high performance compare to diesel.

My plans are that if cost of petrol rises exorbitantly' date=' then I will get CNG instaled after few months.[/quote']

Your Waranty voids if done this

Q1) What is the mileage with K12 engine. (Would be great to find someone who owns k12 petrol).

Expect around 11-12kmpl in city. Could be even less in Delhi traffic. Diesel would be much better.

Q2) How is the overall performance of the car and its running/maintenance costs?

Diesel Swift/Ritz is a Rocket, maintainance will be slightly more.

Instead of going for a petrol Swift DZir, you can go for the much cheaper Figo D or Ritz D, both of which has got decent boot space.

Looking at present day scenario of both Japan & Libya, I won't be suprised even if Petrol touches INR 100/L. So its always safe to go for Diesel.

Two best cars in your budget and suiting your requirements are Accent CNG and Logan CNG. Both are priced very well, are good spacious cars, and you wont lose warranty on them. You can get some very good deals on them too.