nfs123

Cruze problem

Cruze failed over 40 Degree inclined road.

I previously owned a petrol car. So not much sure about diesel cars.

I tried to get  over 40 Degree inclined road  on first gear at a slow speed with maximum accelerator. But couldn't succeed . The engine get turned off. Is this a general problem of diesel engine ?

Then I tried to get over it with a good speed , it succeed.

How a powerful engine can fail like this ? Is it a problem of my car ?

How much load you are having in that time? If only you are sitting in your car than also chances are that it can happen, because I assume that car is new and you need some time to get familiar with diesel like everybody needs. so relax buddy after some time you will be running your Cruze on incline like a loco on rails.    smiley4.gif

might be because of the auto cut off at max revs!!!!u must have reached the rev limiter.if you stay there for a long time the engine cuts itself off!!!!its just a matter of you getting used to it !!!!then nothing can stop the massive torque of the diesel rocket!! smiley4.gif

I tried to get  over 40 Degree inclined road  on first gear at a slow speed with maximum accelerator. But couldn't succeed . The engine get turned off. Is this a general problem of diesel engine ?

Never try to experiment with your car Intentionally or Unintentionally, as it'll lead to its damage & malfunctioning.

Read Owner's Manual carefully & check its Gradeability angle.

Also read there how to operate that specific car specifically.

If then there'll be any trouble then approach Chevrolet Authorised Service centre.

It can easily climb a slope of 40 degrees . Diesel have good pulling power . Keep the revs just above the range of maximum torque and release the clutch steadly but not slowly or too fast. The car has turbo lag so you need to be in max torque range.