Sign in to follow this  
GOLF

A strange case of Smell From A/C

This is the strangest thing which is happening to my swift.Please see the pictures below.This is not oil/grease.

photo0209d.jpg

photo0206w.jpg%5d

photo0210x.jpg

It is a rubber which is melting due to coming in contact with hot silencer as anti rust was coated over  the silencer.I paid close to 5000/- for just changing this rubber pad and the problem is reoccuring and already the rubber is starting to melt and A/C is giving a burning rubber smell.

Does anyone have permanent solution for it?I asked Maruti to look into it

Typical of shoddy anti-rust treatments. Either go for a major brand like Dinitrol, or forget it. I am not in a coastal area and have had no anti-rust done for two decades. Modern cars are pretty well treated and the dealer anti-rust is more of a gimmick for making extra cash.

@sgiitk - the anti rust coating (Fucon) was coated over the silencer by MASS due to which heat is transmitted to the under side of body to this Silencer sheet inside the car and rubber boots.Due to this heat from silencer while driving the silencer sheet is melting again.

What I am asking is there any solution to this problem - like a metal sheet above silencer sheet or is there any solution to remove anti rust coating?

UPDATE - 6.4.2011

The car is still with MASS and the SA had confirmed that the silencer sheet rubber is melting when car is driven for few kilometers and the rubber is burning leading to smell from A/C and they have written to Maruti and are awaiting their reply.

According to SA they want to find out the following-

• Whether the Rubber is poor quality
  • Melting point of the Silencer sheet
  • Is it a problem with this car only or entire batch of  Swift