s_nag08

Excellent Fuel Efficiency

Hi Friends,

I have one Xeta GLS which is known as a petrol-drunker. But believe me during last 1.25 months I am noting down the milege (not filling up full tank) by "calculating the average for a long time" which works fine. And Its giving a great milege.I will let you know the exact one after some days.

I think the main reason is your driving habit, not the first service/second service what we say generally.Just after crossing 40kmph,sometimes below 40, I put gear on 5th and that is the trick. The traditional habit is move on 3rd gear, because if its a 1.2 or greater displacement-capacity car the engene is capable to take you through a great range , say, from 20kmph to 70kmph, full masti no need to change gear.But the milege goes down. Please dont laugh smiley2.gif I think my Xeta GLS 1.2 is giving around 17kmpl smiley9.gif.

One should go to the tallest gear as long as the engine does not lug, and leave the lead boots at home.

As for calculating from tankful to tankful unless you do the Autocar trick there may be an error of up to 1-1.5litres in the definition of full, so do not worry as to how you get your figures as long as they are long term!

Hi Friends' date='

I have one Xeta GLS which is known as a petrol-drunker. But believe me during last 1.25 months I am noting down the milege (not filling up full tank) by "calculating the average for a long time" which works fine. And Its giving a great milege.I will let you know the exact one after some days.

I think the main reason is your driving habit, not the first service/second service what we say generally.Just after crossing 40kmph,sometimes below 40, I put gear on 5th and that is the trick. The traditional habit is move on 3rd gear, because if its a 1.2 or greater displacement-capacity car the engene is capable to take you through a great range , say, from 20kmph to 70kmph, full masti no need to change gear.But the milege goes down. Please dont laugh smiley2.gif I think my Xeta GLS 1.2 is giving around 17kmpl smiley9.gif.
[/quote']

I DOUBT that you are getting 17kmpl in your Xeta in city , inacse it gives you around 15 in city you be Happy , maybe it gives 17kmpl in highway

keep me updated regarding your Fuel economy

regards,

Priya

Wel thats true....one should always tankup to get the rigtht mileage else we have to be satisfied mentally with the figures that we calculate.certain times i have tried without tank ups and the mileage goes like a rolla-coster( difference if 1.5-2kpl) and thats a huge margin

I put the third gear after 20kph .Sometimes I rev in the second gear then directly put 4 th gear.

reaching 20 Kph on third gear cant be done in all cars, it depends on the top torque reach....

Yes always calulate your milage From FULL tank to Full Tank ,

Like Fill Full tank of your car today Note The KMs run in the Odo , Ex - 1500 kms  , After 10 days when your tank reaches half or somewhere around it go to the Fuel Station Fill full tank , Say For example - 15 Litres , check your Odo , 1710 Kms , soo subtract  it to 1500 kms  - 210 Kms divieded by 15 litres  =   14 KMPL , this how you can calcualte your Milage of your car

regards,

Priya

In chockablock city traffic, I always stay in a gear lower, or you may have to brake hard or stall, it's easy to say than to follow, viz move to 5th gear at 40kmph. The rolling resistance is least in 5th gear, so be careful when you follow the rule in the city. I don't move to 5th unless I see a vacant stretch ahead, in the city. It's easy to do that on the highway. Staying in a lower gear, in the city, is ok as you can make use of engine braking and also surge ahead when you see an opportunity to overtake slow moving traffic. Or you may be in a 7 series but if you are in the wrong gear you will also see an autorickshaw or moped get ahead of you and that can be frustrating. I think that's reason why the Tavera rammed into you from behind when you had to brake hard for the bike. So see you have already learnt your lesson, expensively. You have to look out for warnings and also warn others sufficiently of what your intentions are, on the road, the city is a jungle, B'lore more so with it's narrow avenues and chaotic traffic.  Durango Dude2007-12-19 04:28:03