tejasmehta990

Tata Safari Merlin : Yeh dil Mange More

Tata Motors, as sources say, is looking at kickstarting the production of the Tata Safari Merlin at its Pimpri plant from early August this year, in what appears to be the preparation for a launch just before the festive season.

The Tata Safari Merlin or just Tata Merlin will be positioned above the Safari but below the Tata Aria.

Info: ICB

Whatever the looks may say,but after hearing too much about the car and the way it has gone in the pipeline it seems that Tata is going to get something really new to the segment.So one for hundred from my side is:-

"THE CAR MAY NOT HAVE KILLER LOOKS,BUT IT SEEMS TO HAVE KILLING INTENTIONS".

Nice scoop there sb-alto. The new Safari Merlin certainly looks tamer than the existing Safari but I can see it looks to have developed better exterior fit and finish and opposed to the existing one which has uneven and irregular panel gaps.

The rear misses the mounted tyre tailgate and looks like an MUV(boxy). But the double exhausts look neat. I certainly would like to see the front though as well as those promising interiors smiley2.gif

Have a look at the difference between the headlamps of both the cars,I think either they are different models or any one of them is going for the production..

sorry for posting back to back,but again I lost my edit button.

The first one is a photoshoped one. The chrome strips

have been computerised by the mag people. Even the bonnet

design is totally changed if you observe.

If you can check out the Indica besides, it has been altered.

So it's the same pic and confirms it has been photoshoped.

The Second pic is a true version.

We have been watching the Merlin since time immemorial

on the net. Every masked had the cut-out under wraps

like as of the second pic.

But i more like the bonnet design in the first pic and

the metal strip over the headlights in the second pic.

Hope we get mix and match in both of them.TAUREAN CZAR2011-07-23 04:00:41

For the Merlin TML has designed some plastics well, like the rear bumper. It is large and well shaped. Advantage is that the smaller peices used in the previous model would just fall off.

yes, Our Safari's front Left fender cladding and a small cladding over the rear tyre fell off. Infact the piece over the rear tyre fell off thrice. So I think this is the reason to design a large bumper.

eO10Z.jpg

cmLmO.jpg

But I dont know what is the bar located over the rear quarter glass and for what purouse it has been there

It was not seen in the earlier spy pics.

Xxy2n.jpg

JzJTj.jpgshanthanreddyp2011-07-23 10:42:38

@Shanthanreddyp:

As I have already mentioned that we are still to see what the actual production model is going to be,so you can expect some small cosmetic changes every time the car is spied.

It is evident from the spy shots that this is just a major facelift. This was the third car tata had produced after siera and estate,it is 15 years old andd no amount of botox can improve it's life.

Wonder why Tata is trying to reinvent the wheel; why not take it's cues from a few generation's old Defender and be done with it? The present Safari looks good even today in some colors, especially white. The problem lies in the reliability, fit and finish and not visual appeal: which is already there.

Wonder why Tata is trying to reinvent the wheel; why not take it's cues from a few generation's old Defender and be done with it? The present Safari looks good even today in some colors' date=' especially white. The problem lies in the reliability, fit and finish and not visual appeal: which is already there. [/quote']

Merlin is just an cosmetic upgrade. By 2013 well see an all new Safari taking cues from defender. It shall also have the 2.2 ltr Land rover engine that is shared by Jaguar also know.

Safari Merlin is all set for launch soon !!!

Tata is planning to launch the new version of safari end of September. As per the sources in CNBC and Cardekho and other sites this, is more likely. There is also reviews that the Safari is better then the newly launched Force One.

cj8fT.jpg

Incidentally the Mahindra W201 is also scheduled to be launched around the same time.

Also there is an info pouring that there is an updates version of the SUMO GRANDE MKII to be launched around the same time.

This is Tata's counterattack for Mahindra's upcoming XUV-500 & that's too at 70% of its price.

Atleast from the looks & Interiors front this Merlin can give serious competition to XUV500.

Its only the quality & dynamic capabilities front where Mahindra can get the advantage.

IMHO, Its going to be priced at least Rs.2 lacs less than Aria i.e. Rs. 9-9.5 lacs will be the price point for base Merlin.

Now, please don't tell me that the new Safari Merlin will have a single din audio system.

The dash design is good and also the wood inserts. But I think they'll look well in the launch variant. Looks like the glove box is pushed too much under that it isn't visible.

Also we should be getting steering mounted control switches for audio system as well as cruise control in top end variants, I presume.

Pics courtesy Indian autos blogTata-Safari-Merlin-1.jpg

If we look at the front grill it show as if it's a small grill. But actually it extends upto both the head lights. The camouflage cover has been deliberately cut to look like a small nose grill.

Ha5tV.jpg

If you look at the pic here...

I. It does not have a slot for a double din system

II. There is some button near the gear lever. I don't know if it a 4X4 push button or a cigarette lighter.

III. The key seem like one on the Manza with a built in unlock switch...good move.

IV. The headlight switch assembly is like the one on ARIA.

V. The door pad looks more elegant and macho then the old one. Looks well finished with chrome door open lever. Also the handle is well integrated into the door pad.

Look like some plastic panel is missing under the steering wheel and the headlight assembly.