rssh

SPLASH This HOLI!!!

I read in TOI few days back that maruti are going to design car here and they are launching Splash this March and the A-Star may come at the end of year. Maruti has always launched new model in this time period from March to May .We can see that from Swift and SX4 success.smiley4.gif

I read in TOI few days back that maruti are going to design car here and they are launching Splash this March and the A-Star may come at the end of year. Maruti has always launched new model in this time period from March to May .We can see that from Swift and SX4 success.smiley4.gif

Yup you are right , will the splash be a replacement to the WagonR or Placed between wagonR and Swift to tackle i10??

regards,

Priya

while new launches are going to be the trump card for maruti , would they be selling their older versions too smiley21.gif and incase they do would the not be cluttering their own sales,creating a lot of confusion for the buyers......should they not be stopping the sales of older versions?

Does everyone agree SX4 is a success?

while new launches are going to be the trump card for maruti ' date=' would they be selling their older versions too smiley21.gif and incase they do would the not be cluttering their own sales,creating a lot of confusion for the buyers......should they not be stopping the sales of older versions?[/quote']

i agree with you! they wont do it bcoz Maruti is too much greedy abt sales.... and they will call it their winning strategy

Heres the Review on SPlash From outside india

Suzuki Splash Review

Overviewstars4.gif

It all went wrong for the Suzuki Wagon R and its Vauxhall/Opel clone, the Agila. The square-cut mini-MPV, loved by the young Japanese buyers for whom it was designed, never quite hit the spot in Europe. Most of its buyers were of retirement age, people who liked the practicality while appearing oblivious to the squareness that had delighted the Japanese and left young Europeans cold.

So meet the replacement, designed in Japan with Europe in mind. As with the Wagon R, the new Suzuki Splash is to be made at the Magyar Suzuki factory in Hungary. The new Agila will be made alongside it and - apart from bonnet, tailgate, bumpers, headlights and badges - is the same Suzuki-designed car right down to the suspension settings.

The Splash is based on a Suzuki Swift platform with 30mm excised from the wheelbase. That dimension is still long for a car competing at the small end of supermini-dom, as the short front overhang and almost non-existent rear one demonstrate. There's a touch of Smart Fortwo and Aygo/C1/107 about the rear styling, with the wheel arches actually projecting beyond the vertical tailgate, but here the tail lights are tall and arrow-shaped and the waistline is a rising wedge.

There's a wide-tracked dynamism to the Splash's styling entirely absent from the Wagon R, and that fun-to-use look continues inside. This is an unashamedly honest, low-cost car as the hard cabin surfaces reveal, but the use of textured colour and ample oval forms lifts it beyond the utilitarian. The top models get a neat pod-mounted rev counter, too.

Three engines are offered, two of them new Suzuki petrol-fuelled designs of very light weight - a key factor in the Splash's relatively modest kerb weight which starts at 975kg. The smaller new unit, a 1.0-litre three-cylinder with 65bhp, is not yet confirmed for UK sale but we'll definitely get the 1.2-litre, 86bhp four-cylinder which is also available with a four-speed automatic transmission. The third engine is the familiar Fiat-designed 1.3-litre turbodiesel here delivering 75bhp. It's supplied by Suzuki's Indian engine factory.

Very Productive Information Mnd , Very cute pics of a Red Splash too , is there any possibilty of that DDIS engine in Splash in India???

The DDIS Badge is GIven Below the Side indicator unlike the Indian Swift D where DDis is given Above the Side Indicator , boot space seems to be bigger than WagonR , the Rear looks arent Very Impressive when looked at the SIde Angle iit looks as though its CHopped off at a ssingle Cut!!

Regards,

priya

The Gear BOx of SPlash is pretty much similiar to that of i10 , soo now we know itts slightly bigger than WagonR and might be priced alongside of the i10

Regards,

Priya

Well the rear is not to my tastes.. @Pryus the aren't mad to launch with DDiS engine they won't spoil Swift party.

You are right rssh , they Maurti guys will not launch the Splash in Diesel Engine , the Diesel Splash is not for Indian , whereas the Marutis Might launch the Splash with LPG , Splash DUO smiley17.gif

Expecting MAruti to launch DDIS in thier SX4 and Upcomming Swift Sedan

Cheerssmiley20.gif

Well the rear is not to my tastes.. @Pryus the aren't mad to launch with DDiS engine they won't spoil Swift party.

You are right rssh ' date=' they Maurti guys will not launch the Splash in Diesel Engine , the Diesel Splash is not for Indian , whereas the Marutis Might launch the Splash with LPG , Splash DUO smiley17.gif

Expecting MAruti to launch DDIS in thier SX4 and Upcomming Swift Sedan

Cheerssmiley20.gif
[/quote']

very true vishnu....maruti may launch only the petrol varient since it would be come expensive for the segment in case the diesel is launched.....also with a number of launches by other companies , it would be a definite price war in the 4.5-6 lac segment...seems it would be too hot to decidesmiley36.gif

while new launches are going to be the trump card for maruti ' date=' would they be selling their older versions too smiley21.gif and incase they do would the not be cluttering their own sales,creating a lot of confusion for the buyers......should they not be stopping the sales of older versions?[/quote']

i agree that if they sell the older versions there will be confusion among the buyers and the newer models might face a sales threat with their own siblings.

but, suzuki most probably will not discontinue the older ones because they are selling in decent numbers and they will not want to lose out on that unless the sales are very little

yes.. a agree... praveen...

maruti may not be discontinuing the older versions.... they can sell it on lower prices then...hyundai is doing the same with santro and i10...so people looking for economy will definitely go for that... i feel, the zen estilo with the new 1000cc engine will do very well in the market.. but there are chances that, wagon R may be phased out... since its older than estilo...

WagonR is selling better than Estilo so we can't comment on its phasing out. 1000cc engine found in old zen would not help estilo .Its a peppy motor and one may get more jerks in tallboy design due to high centre of gravity.

WagonR is selling better than Estilo so we can't comment on its phasing out. 1000cc engine found in old zen would not help estilo .Its a peppy motor and one may get more jerks in tallboy design due to high centre of gravity.

both the cars are not doing well in the sales graph...may be the interiors feel narrow,plasticky and overpriced..also its not got the space inside compared to the old and good santro/new i10/or for that matter the indica too(got the best space of the lot)...also as you pointed out high powered engine would not suit the body of the car.....

both the cars are not doing well in the sales graph...may be the interiors feel narrow' date='plasticky and overpriced..also its not got the space inside compared to the old and good santro/new i10/or for that matter the indica too(got the best space of the lot)...also as you pointed out high powered engine would not suit the body of the car.....
[/quote']

wagon r is doing very well now..more than 12500 vehicles every month.....though lesser than santro, which is slightly better than wagon R in sales numbers. the wagon R and estilo sales combines is way ahead of santor's sales.

and i didnt mension the old zen's engine... i meant the new 1000cc euro 5 engine from suzuki. now the major drawback with wagon R and estilo is old gen engine and poor shift quality, which can be attended, when the new engine is launched. the tallboy design of wagon R, estilo, or santro doesnt wont suit a peppy engine. but santro will be better, because of the stiffer suspension setting, but it lacks ride comfort.

the space inside santro and wagon R are almost similar, though santro has a slighter edge.

take a close look at the third picture ....

u can also see the "Interview with akira kamio" at Tokyo Motor show on youtube ...

head room is quite less ....a tall Japanese can hardly fit in ... imagine a tall Indian ..