dr_nishu

Hatchback blues, now SEDAN CLUES (pg10)

Booked All New Swift ZDi almost few days back.

But still I'm pretty much dis-satisfied with the lighter build of Maruti Suzukis', though New Swift is better but isn't altogether satisfactory.

Will check out New Vista(face-lifted) VX(penultimate version)soon, as the latter is hovering on my mind more than New Swift due to better Build, Interiors, Comfort & Driveability.

Booked All New Swift ZDi almost few days back.Will check out New Vista

That is, finally Booked or not!smiley5.gif

Liva Diesel news keeps appearing every now & then but cost-cutting would be evident.

?

That is' date=' finally Booked or not!smiley5.gif

?

[/quote']

Yes, I had already booked the car & that's almost a week before its launch without seeing it but after its launch i'm not much satisfied with the car either as;

-It looks too familiar with its outgoing version.

-Build quality is again light & body panels feels too much flimsy as what the car of such capablities demands.

That's why i'm still having the option to cancel out the booking & look for any other one.

But the question is again -'Which one' !!

Dealer promised me the delivery by this Oct for White ZDi, lets see what the competition is going to offer till my no. comes.

@dr.nishu

I am really disappointed with the New Swift. I drove this yesterday, there is nothing new at all and when I look it from outside, then the old Swift is much much beautiful.

It is only a interior make up and some how it looked bit ugly from outside with too long head lamp and tail lamps. the back shape also become something odd. Just forget about it.

LIVA is poorly built and it is having very aquard shape from back. Already there are lot of complaints on Etios and may Liva to tomorrow.

I feel think of these things

Punto, it is really good. I was afraid of maintenance and mileage, but it is wrong I met a gentlemen in a seminar recently who own's two Punto since past 2 years or so. A very good feedback I got from him and I felt like I could have bought it instead of Ritz.

Next option is yes Vista face lifted one, you can try this because it also comes with Fiat engine.

Finally I suggest my favorite car the Ritz, a trouble free and comfortable and reliable car.

Beat diesel is also a useless car, don't go for that.

If you can wait for I30,Jazz diesel

I am really disappointed with the New Swift. I drove this yesterday' date=' there is nothing new at all and [/quote']

Even the same I had felt while test driving the New Swift Diesel today. The build quality is same, the gearshift, the basic characteristics all are the same but differs much is the cosmetic things, as the basic Swift pros & cons still persists in it.

Frankly speaking, 'If you drive this car in Dark with its lights off, you'd definitely mistake it as driving an Old Swift''.

LIVA is poorly built and it is having very aquard shape from back. Already there are lot of complaints on Etios and may Liva to tomorrow.

The biggest -ve while considering the Etios twins.

dr_nishu2011-08-24 16:57:48

For almost similar reasons I did not book the car. Market is full of exciting options, very difficult to ignore. The Vehicle is riding high on success but for the ones who know what the competition has to offer, will think twice.

@dr_nishu

First of all congrates for booking swift ZDI. Still my advise is to check and test drive all diesel car available in the market today. i.e. Punto/ Polo/ Fabia/ Micra/Beat/ New Vista  etc. during the waiting period. It is sure that you are going to buy a diesel than why not test drive all these cars at least twice. Now you have test driven the new swift . So, by taking back to back test drive of all these cars you can compare them in a better way. Again keep all the options open till you make final payment for your present booking. Also check initial cost of these cars and all probable expenses during the next five years. And access what will be your satisfiction level towards the money spent by you on any of the option, then decide.Best of luck.

@ashikawa & BF;

Ex-Showroom price for New Swift ZDi is 6.48 lacs & its On-Road price comes to be 7.15 lacs & IMHO, Paying so much amount for a hatchback that's too a Maruti Suzuki & with so much light & flimsy build quality.

That doesn't makes much sense for me, even Micra boasts better feel though its much lighter than AN Swift.

Will TD Micra dCi & New Vista by this weekend for final analysis.

@Dr,

I agree on the pricing part but nothing available on the market is as good. I will be getting the car in the first lot, but haven't revieled the 7.5L pricing to my dad so far.

All I can do now is to curse Honda for not bringing diesel jazz yet and end up buying swift with half heartedly.

@ashikawa & BF; Ex-Showroom price for New Swift ZDi is 6.48 lacs & its On-Road price comes to be 7.15 lacs & IMHO' date='
Paying so much amount for a hatchback that's too a Maruti Suzuki & with so much light & flimsy build quality. [/quote'] True. But going for diesel itself increase the price by 1 Lac. Still try out other options as well. How about a Punto. I am following few thread across automotive forums regarding punto and the experience of users are getting better with time. i.e. interior fit and finish, AC etc. If you are not satisfied with Polo/Fabia than  you need to check Punto also. I like the way this car looks and feels.Its a great handler too and received appreciation on that part from everybody. Its MJD powers all MSIL/Tata cars.

One more thing i want to point out that few days back i have checked Manza elan. Definately  improved a lot on quality front. Now the Vista also got the same treatment. So it must be better now.

I can understand your dilemma friend because i myself gone through it.

@Nishu

If you are getting ready for 7.5L for New swift(whatever it may be ZD or VD) it is really waste of money. Look at the following options

If diesel/Petrol, If you are ready for 7.5L then go for the sedan Manza, really its great car. My cousin is having this whenever I drove this car really I felt like I am sitting a business class of a flight. Its road handling,grip,smoothness,steering,space,suspension everything are really awesome.

Next Punto, its built quality and driving quality are really good. There is price advantage now for this car right now as there is good discount going on.

Fabia, then Ritz or Vista

Petrol

Honda City/Jazz/Manza/Vista/Ritz/Polo/Punto

Than New Swift all the above got fresh look as well performance. Going with Swift is only a emotional decison.

I agree on the pricing part but nothing available on the market is as good. I will be getting the car in the first lot' date=' but haven't revieled the 7.5L pricing to my dad so far.

All I can do now is to curse Honda for not bringing diesel jazz yet and end up buying swift with half heartedly.[/quote']

Although it caters to the wider strata of the masses but the main fact is that It never excels in what the competition offers primarily i.e. the tough build quality & IMHO, its going to be one of the basic need for the cars of the future, leaving aside the Expensive Airbags & other related safety features.

Although lighter cars are considered to be better technically, but its better if this thing is going to be restricted with cars with not so high speeds, particularly for A-segment cars or cars with Low Inertia, whereas with increase in Speed comes the risk so this thing also needs to be addressed also, especially in our country considering the road rage prevailing here.

Adding spice to the topic, 'The Germans have truly spoiled with the feel of sturdiness & premium feel offered by their cars'.

So coming onto the topic, Bala I still advice you to reveal/clarify these details these things before signing a cheque, considering the fact the Automobile market scenario might not remain the same after 5-6 years as its now.

So, leave the re-sale value aside, do opt for sensible option than going the Emotional way. & you're already driving a Swift since many months, so the Swift-bug might have vanished from your mind by now.

@Nishu

Plastic and build quality is something you will get adjusted to. What you will miss most about this car is the engine.

So if you are sure you don't want to buy this one you have Vista and Punto. The other two cars with good relatively silent diesel engines are Figo and i20. Polo and Fabia engines create racket.

Vista Punto have the same quality issue as Swift, but along with that they have some reliability issues coupled with them. Figo also has those quality issues but maybe the cost makes up for it. i20 has steering rattles and poor ac but good built quality.

So basically every car in the segment has a defect, the question is which one can you live with.

Although it caters to the wider strata of the masses but the main fact is that It never excels in what the competition offers primarily i.e. the tough build quality & IMHO' date=' its going to be one of the basic need for the cars of the future, leaving aside the Expensive Airbags & other related safety features.

Although lighter cars are considered to be better technically, but its better if this thing is going to be restricted with cars with not so high speeds, particularly for A-segment cars or cars with Low Inertia, whereas with increase in Speed comes the risk so this thing also needs to be addressed also, especially in our country considering the road rage prevailing here. [/quote']

This is a wrong idea. Its not how well the body metal is built that protects you, its the chassis. The body metal always crumbles, and thats the idea, other wise it may get detached and become a rocket flying towards someone. So don't fret much about the safety because of these.

If you have doubts whether chassis is of same quality as that of European Swift that has been ranked 5 star in crash tests, file an RTI, if MS mentions those 5 star ratings in the brouchure asking whether it is of the same quality as that of the one in Europe.

Check this link for more info on GCON

http://www.theautoindustrieblog.com/2009/06/honda-g-con-technology.html

Also have you made your calculations again post Jazz. Many Swift ZDI owners were calculating again as to how much they would lose if they bought Jazz which gives 15 kmpl. People with 15k a year are saying losses start occuring post 40 months, given current. However keep in mind the fact that the gap will have to be reduced between the price of petrol and diesel sooner or later.

If you have doubts whether chassis is of same quality as that of European Swift that has been ranked 5 star in crash tests, file an RTI, if MS mentions those 5 star ratings in the brouchure asking whether it is of the same quality as that of the one in Europe.

Where dr_nishu can file RTI. As far as i know neither MSIL nor ARAI falls under the perview of Right to information Act.

I seriously feel that the discussion is heading somewhere from basically buying a car.

I wonder that do we have to go upto RTI for this !!

I don't think we can never buy a car for life time isn't it.

This kind of discussion will really leads to a great confusion and will end up with bad conclusion

I just said file an RTI if you have a doubt over the quality of materials used to built the chassis and whether they were of same grade as that of Swift in Europe.

AFAIK this very much falls under the purview of RTI.

If you are getting ready for 7.5L for New swift(whatever it may be ZD or VD) it is really waste of money.

Even I sail in the same boat, but I feel it really is not waste of money.

I will have this car for years to come, so reliability & AfSS are too important, so straight away we can cut Fabia, Tatas, Punto from the list.

So we are left only with Ritz 'n Swift in which Swift has better interiors, handling, FE, LOOKS,.. etc. So I conclude, Swift D is the best allrounder even though its costlier.

If one feels 7.5L(ZDI) is too steep, settle for VDI at 6.5L.

@bala

Instead of 7.5 lakhs for Swift, or settling for a car having less features, why not go for Honda Jazz Select? Save a lakhs rupees, get amongst the best efficiency in petrol hatches.

Calculate how long it will take before you use up the 1 lakh rupees on the extra petrol cost.

ACI had recently done a study on Ford Fiesta classic, taking it for all india run. The difference was around 1.5 Rs/km in running costs. Then factor in the extra mileage that the 1.2 in Jazz will give you, compared to Fiesta, it will take around 80000 kms before you equate if with the price of ZDI.

P.S. Also factor in that if you keep 1 lakh in your account, what will its value be after 80000 kms? smiley2.gif

+1 to Rahul. Further, what is the value of the space that you get in rear seat and boot. It is very important that you buy a car with most space, it is very handy in lots of occasion, like long drives, Pick and drop from/to Airport/railway station. Swift has the smallest boot and if you do not have any other big car, than you are restricted by small boot. I will never go with Swift as the only car in the family. Even the Jazz base model makes more sense against Zdi. Further, what if the rate difference in reduced in future?

All the best.

2k-3k will be little high and diesel would be the only option I guess, because the money saved will be used up in around 2-3 years. But if around 1500 a month you can definitely have a look at it. Swift ZDI is 6.5 lakhs ex showroom Chennai. Are the taxes there so high?

Other than Swift, I think your options are restricted to Vista, Punto, Micra, Figo and new Liva Diesel. If you are anyways going for VDI, go for Ritz VDI with ABS, same cost as Swift VDI without ABS and expectedly less waiting period.

ACI recently reviewed the new Vista and gave it a thumbs up overall, and said that fit and finish is much better. Its engine remains the same, therefore not as good as Swift, but good enough.

My opinion, either stretch or chose between Vista and Ritz.rahul18102011-08-27 12:37:34

After reading a lot in this forum and others, i feel that there is lot of Swift Mania in the country which is carry forward beyond its true limits.

I bet that Ritz diesel is much much better car if you want to compare point to point with any car.

I rate uplifted Vista and Punto are really much better than new swift which is very cramped inside.

Till today I didn't understand why people are so emotionally attached with few brands, Herohonda, Bajaj chetak, Maruti 800, now this swift.

If the decision is sensible and not emotional then if petrol yes Jazz is the very good option. If it is diesel I vote for Ritz and also Vista and Punto too

This is purely my personal opinion and not to hurt any Swift lover

Today I Gotta chance to TD New Swift ZDi & SX4 1.3 DDiS ZDi extensively.

New Swift ZDi;

-Drives better than the previous.

-Engine Noise is well-damped but gets boomy at High-revs.

-AC & Front seat comfort is better.

-Handling is also good.

-Brakes are better with Next-Gen ABS with Pedal feel is a bit Spongy.

-My Laptop(in its bag) which i kept on its Rear Seat before beginning my TD, fell off 2 time during my Spirited TD.

Rest What the passengers will feel there is Suspicious !!

SX4 ZDi;

-Excellent Noise Insulation.

-Excellent & Linear Acceleration(VGT shows its real VGT-ness here), even better than its 1.6l, 104 PS Petrol.

-Its 90PS VGT Engine is more Refined than Swift/Ritz's 75PS FGT one.

-Music System with USB sounds excellent.

-Excellent On-Road Stability & Handling with Sporty Steering.

Its tag-line 'MEN IS BACK' is equally justified here.

-Excellent Comfort & In-Cabin Ambience.

In short,

I fell completely in love with SX4 Diesel & the effortlessness it showed.

& also its capabilities have also completely washed away the New Swift's impressions in my mind.

Will talk to my family & Calculate further to check the feasibilty of extending my budget for atleast SX4 VDi or else Hatchback mess continues.