dr_nishu

Hatchback blues, now SEDAN CLUES (pg10)

dear dr_nishu,

Now it's already seventh month running now since you have started this thread.

Is buying a hatch that difficult or having too many options confusing you ?

All of us are waiting for your decision dear.

@Rameshbabu:

the Dr. is going to be happy with his all time serving and faithful Alto for at least four more months and this thread will also keep running why?

Because Auto Expo will get some more choices as well as facelifts so lets wait for six months and then wish our Dr. a successful operation.

@Rameshbabu:the Dr. is going to be happy with his all time serving and faithful Alto for at least four more months and this thread will also keep running why?

Even then Alto will be going to serve after the purchase of New car.

dear dr_nishu' date='

Now it's already seventh month running now since you have started this thread.

Is buying a hatch that difficult or having?too many options confusing you ?

All of us are waiting for your decision dear.

?

?

?
[/quote']

On a lighter not to both rameshbabu n Vipul;

I think you guys missed my judgement post.

I've already booked New Swift ZDi this July-beginning.

Now waiting for its delivery, earlier before strikes which was expected this November2011.

But Strikes at MSIL have changed the shape of deliveries status of Swifts all across the India.

Now that when I need the car much sooner than expected, the mess is again conquering my mind again.

... New Swift ZDi ... was expected this November2011.
But Strikes at MSIL ...

Yeah dear dr-nishu,

I missed that post intimating all of us of your booking a Swift in July.

And, waiting since then. 

Today's papers are full of news about the escalating problems at Manesar.

All production is likely to be halted for some more days/weeks.

You need to wait for some more months.

Literally speaking, the `delivery' is likely to take more than `nine months'.

The only positive side for this delay, it seems to me, is that the new

car will be badged as `made in 2012'. 

It will be not just new but newest new. 

As per the situation at Maruti plant now, it may take more time than the committed by them. In between this lot of new models joined the market like honda brio,new vista,beat diesel,etios liva diesel and some are expected to join soon, so why dont you think of them

After my Gyanvani's my cousins has booked Swift VDi in April and i told him wait for New Swift when Maruti dealer has offered him old swift in Jun 2011

.But we have to appreciate Maruti for delivering nearly 10k swifts in September during strikes. It seems at present no production is taking place in Manesar plant but hopefully Maruti will reach agreement with Striking workers within 2-3 days. Diwali is crucial for any Manufacturers especially for Maruti.Many Autocomponent companies started bleeding in this Delhi region and people may go jobless in this Diwali season.

Maruti may be thinking seriously  about boosting the speed of Gujarat factory that is the only one business friendly state in India at this moment.

Any updates Nishu?

As for me, Im still split between Swift, Punto, Micra & Liva. Somehow have managed to squeeze in Beat & Figo too!

Could someone confirm Swift Ldi's waiting period? Heard there's some reduction in times.

P.S: A friend is emphasising on Vista. As if the matters were clear earlier!

Still another one is suggesting the Ritz.

Its not going to be a simple choice. Guess a frantic buy will settle it for me!
BornFree2011-11-16 18:19:06

@BornFree: In Gurgaon, I checked with RANA motors about Swift and Ritz Diesel. They told me wait for at least 6 months for Swift Diesel and here too wait is higher for Vdi as more in-demand is Ldi. For Ritz, waiting period is 1 month that is too for Ldi. Un fortunately I forgot to ask about Ritz Vdi waiting. :(

I am also having this dilema which guys (you and nishu) are facing, so far tested Vista, Punto and Beat. However, want to TD Ritz as well before I buy anyone.

Any updates Nishu?

?

As for me' date=' Im still split between Swift, Punto, Micra & Liva. Somehow have managed to squeeze in Beat & Figo too!
[/quote']

This Rs.5.5-7 lac hatchback segment is really getting very messy with no quality cars in it.

Only New Swift comes out to be well-rounded package in terms of features, engine but loses heavily on Interior Space & build quality.

Personally speaking I'm against buying New Swift due to above quoted reasons & its long waiting period is baking my Brain to search another option.

IMHO, Ritz VDi ABS is the best car in this segment, even I love to owe one too but my dad is strictly against it, thus its not getting the final approval from our family.

Its a best car with high VFM quotient at 5.6 lacs.

Another best option comes out to be Ford Figo TDCi, again a well-rounded package but it's a car for Casual buyers & is a sort of an Incomplete package for buyers with huge expectations.

-Beat TCDi: Again, Best car for already Sedan owners,

22+kmpl for City is big Thumbs up for it.

Leave;

-LIVA: Noisy Diesel, lack of features & Poor Interiors + its a first flop Toyota in India.

-Micra: Only grumble with it is its Decade Old Jeep like sounding 1.5 K9K Diesel engine.

-Punto: Persistent Niggles, Spare parts availability.

-Vista: Still feels crude for a car.

Personally speaking, I'm trying to convince my family for Sedan but Dad is unwilling to spend a penny over 7 lacs for this purchase.

@Nishu: Is Micra that bad sounding and unrefined? I haven't driven it but was given to think that it was pretty refined and great driveability and soft suspension: good for city and great FE.

For me & my friends, who've driven it.

They all are teasing it for a TATA 407 like engine noise.

As per my experience, I've Driven it more than 3-4 times to confirm this, but everytime she've disappointed me.

It sounds in a very Gruff Jeep-like engine note, completely unexpected & non-suited for such a cute city car.

Though its Suspension, Interior Comfort & Driveability is better than Maruti Swift, Hyundai i20 & Toyota LIVA.

Personally if given a chance, I would choose the Swift had it been available sans the loong waiting period.

Next on the list for me is the Punto, alas if only Fiat had things sorted! Still concerns over spares & niggles abound.

Then I like the Micra but fear fishing in unknown waters. After sales is still an untold story! I did not find its engine as coarse as Nishu mentions & would suggest him to test another car from a different dealership.

Figo is next in line. Blame it on an old platform & extremely low window sills!

Then I look towards the Liva. Toyota's love with cost-cutting, keeps me away. Wish it had a tacho atleast!

In the end I follow up with Beat & Vista. Almost fear I don't end up with either of the two!

Ritz was never on my mind but now I feel like gicing it a shot, lets see...

Dear Friends

It is almost 6 months completed successfully driving my new Ritz Ldi. see my comments below

1. I am an extreme happy customer for my decision which is worthy in terms of everything

2. I finished driving 7000km (5000 city+ 2000 highway)

3. Driving was a pleasure always either in city or on highway. Especially comfort is really impressive eg: drove 400km in one shot without single stop on highway and absolutely no tiredness at all which is due to great head room, leg room.

4. FE is really impressive. 17-18kmpl with AC in city. 22-23kmpl with AC on highway with 70-80km speed

5. I say it is just maintenance free car with very good service support

6. After second service one of my friend who sat in my car asked me whether it is a petrol one. I mean to say the noise level is very very low in cabin

7. People who opposed my decision while buying and surprisingly all of them traveled with me or used my car and given 100% marks to it and also for my decision

8. I just ended up with a very small scratch on right side back bumper, but was happened while car is parked.

9. I fitted the car with Nippon MGA central locking for Rs.4000/- with two remotes

Finally I suggest all the diesel aspirants to for this car without any second thoughts, as you will really enjoy it. It is worth in all the departments and of course superior than New Swift whatever is the comparison

Thanks guralla74 for the short & precise account of ownership. How's the leg/knee room for driver & rear passengers?

unknownbullet, no there's no such dislike for Vista. Just that we are concerned about niggles(time honoured problems with Tata).

Dear Friends

It is almost 6 months completed successfully driving my new Ritz Ldi. see my comments below

1. I am an extreme happy customer for my decision which is worthy in terms of everything
2. I finished driving 7000km (5000 city+ 2000 highway)
3. Driving was a pleasure always either in city or on highway. Especially comfort is really impressive eg: drove 400km in one shot without single stop on highway and absolutely no tiredness at all which is due to great head room' date=' leg room.
4. FE is really impressive. 17-18kmpl with AC in city. 22-23kmpl with AC on highway with 70-80km speed
5. I say it is just maintenance free car with very good service support
6. After second service one of my friend who sat in my car asked me whether it is a petrol one. I mean to say the noise level is very very low in cabin
7. People who opposed my decision while buying and surprisingly all of them traveled with me or used my car and given 100% marks to it and also for my decision
8. I just ended up with a very small scratch on right side back bumper, but was happened while car is parked.
9. I fitted the car with Nippon MGA central locking for Rs.4000/- with two remotes

Finally I suggest all the diesel aspirants to for this car without any second thoughts, as you will really enjoy it. It is worth in all the departments and of course superior than New Swift whatever is the comparison[/quote'] 

Hey, please post some pics of your car and also share with us the onroad price that you paid for your purchase and any discount (if any) you got.
Sstar2011-11-20 12:56:27

@Bornfree : Yeah Legroom/Knee room for driver(its me, my legs are too lenghty)and rear passengers was the main criteria to by Ritz.

@Sstar : I do not have eligibility to post pics, however my cars were already posted by other Autocar forum member already, please check in the new car reviews section, I don't remember that section name, may be Moderator can help in locating that review. You can see one of my car picture with my profile.

I bought in june'2011, there was no discount even after lot of effort. I got it on road for Rs.578000/- and complementary foot mats.

Just to with Suzuki, I mean Ritz, Vista may be good but it is T badge, means TATA means tend to have problems after a year or two and most concerned thing is TATA service support is too bad, they don't have proper technicians here in Hyderabad and and also one more reason is there are lot of Vista taxis running in and around my home.

ACI-ians,

Finally got a call from my Maruti Suzuki dealer & my Diesel car is going to be delivered very soon.

So, still I'm having a option to either to go for New Dzire ZDi or New Swift ZDi.

I'm inclined more towards New Dzire ZDi.

What did you say guys ?? Final call.

congrats Doctor,

You must be feeling on top of this world after their call.

i never knew you started this thread over a year back and over a thousand posts later are still waiting for your car to be delivered.

So which one are you going for finally ? and what color would it be.

That boot of Dzire is no longer an actual boot , you could might as well buy a Swift instead and save money.

What do you say? 
librankur2012-04-23 17:37:42

congrats Doctor' date='

You must be feeling on top of this world after their call.

i never knew you started this?thread over a year back and over a thousand posts later are still waiting for your car to be delivered.

So which one are you going for finally ? and what color would it be.

That boot of Dzire is no longer an actual boot , you could might as well buy a Swift instead?and save money.

What do you say??

[/quote']

Thanks librankur.

I'm bit inclined over Dzire than Swift, due to:

-Better Interior feel & ambience with Beige-Black Interiors.

-Almost double sized(316lt) boot space(as 186lt Swift boot is almost useless for our use.)

-A bit more Rear Seat Comfort than Swift due to better Seat back Recline angle & Rear Centre Armrest.

-Better Suspension(in terms of Ride Comfort).

Hate factor;

Towards Dzire:

-Almost Size 0 boot section, externally.

So, looks-wise it creates a reserved opinion but still I'm not in the favour of it.

Towards Swift:

-Claustrophobic Charcoal Black Interiors & I simply Hate them, even more than Dzire boot.

-Very small boot space.

-A bit on the Expensive side for what it offers.

So, Dzire comes out to be a bit better than New Swift but if we consider/compare it against its other rivals, then still I'm 70-75% satisfied only yet.

Any other option in your mind ??

I've tried all till to date in budget of upto 8 lacs(as you can read it out in this thread) & landed on these 2 cars only.dr_nishu2012-04-23 18:50:02

@Nishu

Only cars that you haven't tried or maybe ready to wait for would be Nissan Sunny and the upcoming Sail twins, and upcoming Ritz, which should offer better boot.

If you can go for the Sunny, well and good, its a great car, but amongst these two you can't go wrong with either.

The only thing you have to think of is how often and how extensively do you use the boot? Quite often, extensively or rarely. If the answer is rarely then Swift is your pick.

Me, I would have gone for Dzire, just for the sake of practicality and because guests come and go to my home a lot and the boot would have been used for their luggages.

its a very bad day for the patients if the doctor himself seeks advise

smiley2.gif

Sunny is a good suggestion , only thing is that go for the bright colors (blue , red etc )  because it looks tastless in dull /boring colors ( aka white ,silver)

Go for their top most variant , the crome accents / handles look mouth watering on this blue colour.(my personal favourite)

what i say is burry the idea of a hatch ifyou want a boot that bad,

My other suggestions would be :

Mid-size Car Of The Year (Petrol): Toyota Etios
Mid-size Car Of The Year (Diesel): ?koda Rapid