Khatkar

Choice to make between HH CBZ Xtreme and Hunk

As I am in dilemma to decide between CBZ  Xtreme & Hunk .My observations for these 150 cc are as follow.

CBZ Xtreme - Proportionate body design & road presence.But confused about fuel efficeincy it deliver.

Hunk - Miscombination in front & rear styling as Front looks heavier and rear gives a 100cc bike look. 

Any forum member have the field experience with CBZ Xtreme regarding fuel economy it deliver in city & highway, do share here. Pros & Cons of these two bikes if any one can share please suggest as  It'll be helpful for me to come out at final decision.

These two variants are OK as far as reliability and after sales service (spares availability and affordable price)are concerned.These 150 cc bikes aren't selling too well these days. HH's USP lies in the 100-125 cc segment where it is the leader though again with its old technology and newer graphics and body designs.

The Honda Unicorn or Dazzler are much ahead technology wise, as compared to these two you are talking about.

Out of the 2 bike the Hunk is better deal as it has the option for rear disc brake which is recommanded ,try the Honda Unicorn also ,it may look bland but the ride quality and refinement is amazing.

As far as the Dazzler is concerned the bike is a mixed bag there are really high quality bits like great alloy rear handle and fuel tank quality but the instrument console is something out from chinese bike (my friend bike's rattles) . Also the worst part still is the headlight which is really worst than a splendor no matter how much wattage you increase it is useless , there is no focus and you can't differentiate in the HI and LOW beam.

If you got the money to buy the Dazzler then buy the FZ16.

Strictly between the two, Hunk is better all rounder. It offers very good ride thanks to its gas-filled shock absorber at rear. But CBZ is more fun to ride (Stiffer chassis). As both share same engine from Honda Unicorn with different tuning, FE figures should not vary much.

It's true that Honda delivers good build quality & technology. Though CB Twister &  Unicorn Dazzler are different segemnts bike which one is better between these two if kept the cost aside.

@Khatkar;

Both CBZ Xtreme, Hunk, Unicorn & Dazzler are failed 150cc bikes by Hero Honda & Honda resp. Facts about them;

-All of these(except Hunk) shows body rattles in No time, after coming out of the showroom.  

-Except unicorn No one delivers FE above 50kmpl(overall).

-Only Hunk is better in tackling the Bumps & potholes of our reigon than others.

Otherwise best option is to Go for Bajaj Pulsar 180, as it offers the best blend of Power, Performance, fuel efficiency & Gorgeous looks.

1. unicorn (Best choice if you can wait. I think long waiting period). Super smooth engine. Less noisy

2. CBZ - good , it has same engine as unicorn

3. Pulsar. Fast delivery. You can get the bike on same day.

Hunk - It more like a sports bike. I don't like its shape. If you have are traveling with family , I don't recommend this bike. it doesn't fit for aged people

I own a pulsar and I am 100% satisfied. My first choice was unicorn. But I cannot wait 9 months for a bike.

I owned a CBZ star and currently own a Pulsar 150, and i stongly recommend the CBZ for it's sheer power and low maintenance when compared to the pulsar. And the Hunk, yes it looks more cramped at the rear end.

Till discussion ,It's seems to be that I should not go for CBZ Xtreme. Pulsar 180 is out of my budget.Then what else for me in 100cc to 150cc ??

My expectations are :-

1. Good Fuel economy with adequate power.

2. Build qaulity.

3. Long term staisfication.

What is your height of thetwo go the xtreme if you are above 6 ft as it will be a little more comfortable or else the Hunk . Try the Yahama SZ-X with front disc it is around 10k less compared to the above.

Now I am looking for Glamour 125cc. It's come in 4 avatars :-

1. Glamour (Drum + alloy)

2. Glamour (Disc + alloy)

3. Glamour  FI (Drum + alloy)

4. Glamour  FI (Disc + alloy)

I choosed IInd option with disc brake , but I am not getting the required variant anywhere (NCR + North Haryana).Dealers only sell Ist & 4th variant.Even dealers does give any commitment to deliver the 2nd Variant , they said if they got 2nd varaint it's your luck.What to do in such sitaution????

Why do you want to buy a HH bike only ? The honda twister is a more accomplished bike than Glamor also the F1 with its injection was reffered to suffer from reliability problem.

Now I am looking for Glamour 125cc.

Don't go for HH Glamour my friend, as its having following flaws:

-Slow Pick-up & acceletration as compared to other 125c bikes.

-Low Fuel efficiency of around 40-45kmpl in City conditions.

-Some Glamours are reported with Engine Oil consumption problems.

Instead 100cc Honda Twister offers better Style, Acceleration & Fuel efficiency than this 125cc Hero Honda Glamour.

Or if you're desperately oriented towards 125cc bike then Honda Stunner 125 & Bajaj Discover 125 are better.

simple choice hunk.its far better in style,performance,agility and better made than the xtreme.i think hh should look after the xtreme because it is not so worth than its predecessor.

I have been using HH CBZ XTREME for last 3 years (14000 kms so far).

Actually, I got this bike delivered just 1 week before this thread was posted.(4 Apr 2011)

I know the daily running is not so high, but it's not even too low.

I love my bike very much. Milage is about 48 in city and 55-56 on highways in speed range 70-85 kmph. If driven at 55-60kmph on highways, then milage goes to 60-62kmpl.

Ride is very smooth, sleek gear shifts, very nice riding hight (I'm 6ft tall).

It hasn't caused me much maintainance costs. Had to change front fork oil once.

I have serviced the bike strictly as per schedule and got good results.

The only problem arises when the you have go for longer distances (like 150-200kms+) and the road is not so good, you may get some backpain and shoulderpains.

Don't know much about Hunk results, but I liked the CBZ's styling than Hunk, so went for buying CBZ.