Sign in to follow this  
rssh

Speed 97- future fuel

Well I got a new calender at the performance show from speed and there was written speed 97 future fuel. Any idea about this fuel and is it 97 octane or just a name. They already have speed & speed 93.

i recently read that not all engines can improve performance  by using Preumium Fuel. you may have to refer to the manual to check if your car engine can improve on using Premium fuel

PS: Let me know if Getz comes under the category smiley19.gif

i recently read that not all engines can improve performance  by using Preumium Fuel. you may have to refer to the manual to check if your car engine can improve on using Premium fuel

PS: Let me know if Getz comes under the category smiley19.gif

Dont think getz comes under the Same category but i am sure my civic will qualifysmiley2.gif 

Usually fill our car with 91 Octane Extra Premium Petrol from Indian , in Mangalore i dont think we get above 93 Octane Fuel :(

regards,

priya

Well even civic doesn't need it .See a premium fuel contains additives which are good for the engine but octane is needed for performance engines .Premium fuel may contain same octane fuel but with additives.

Dont think getz comes under the Same category but i am sure my civic will qualifysmiley2.gif 

Usually fill our car with 91 Octane Extra Premium Petrol from Indian ' date=' in Mangalore i dont think we get above 93 Octane Fuel :(

regards,

priya
[/quote']

Is Mangalore Euro II or III. If III then the normal as well as Premium are 91ON. Otherwise XP will be 93ON (though I suspect both may be the same, given the manufacturing tolerances). Also, Mangalore should be served from Mangalore Refineries, and it may depend on what they have.

I remember driving my son's car to Manipal in 1999 hunting for unleaded all the way. At one point when we reached an unleaded pump on the Pune-Panaji sector we had only 2-l left in the tank of our Zen, when we found U/L at Kudal. On reaching I had the Cat removed as Udupi-Manipal did not have unleaded at that time. A couple of months later when Unleaded was introduced, we found in the papers  that all pumps were being supplied unleaded for quite some time, since that was what Mangalore Refineries was brewing. So sheepishly another couple of months later we put Cat back in. We could have just left the cat in place, if only we had known

To check out the Civic ) some time when you are in a place with 97ON (with a less than 1/4 full tank) fill up with 97ON and see how it behaves. You could see if the manual recommends 97ON. I am sure you will not find the cost benefit (if at all) ratio in favour of 97.

sgiitk2007-12-20 05:45:52