Rachna

Defective Nissan Micra

Eight months back I purchased NISSAN MICRA XV and it turned out to be one of the worst decisions in my life. Since second day of purchase the defects in the car started surfacing. Serious defects like airbag malfunction,both front seat belts mechanism  locking up, fuel gauge indicating incorrect display etc.etc.The most hazardous defect - engine fails to stop on pressing stop button. Unbelievable- all these defects surfaced within just 2500 kms of use and car has been in Nath dealer most of time. To add to that the unprofessional and high headed attitude of Nissan and Hoover (partners of nissan for sales/service) makes it impossible for customer to be heard. Communications made to top officiasl of Nissan and Hoover were in vein. Till date they are shying away from informing the reasons for such serious failures and what rectifications have been done. Due to lack of confidence in their product they are not undertaking that these defects would not resurface.The car in not in use.I am fighting this battle to get back my hard earned money back.    

@rachna

write down all the details of the problem surfaced. Your car is under warranty, so send a notice to the company by registered AD immediately with all your complaints with the car.It will help you to establish a case against them, in case they don't repair the car to your satisfaction under warranty.

Now a days more or less i see this behavior at all dealership irrespective of car-maker.Due to lack of strict consumer laws car makers are taking indians for a ride.

In addition post your problem here also facebook. It may help you getting it rectified soon.ashikawa2011-04-14 06:19:02

Serious defects like airbag malfunction' date='both front seat belts mechanism ?locking up, fuel gauge indicating incorrect display etc.etc.The car in not in use.I am fighting this battle to get back my hard earned money back.    [/quote']

Hello,

I'm very sorry for the difficult you are going through.

But I just wanted to know, what do you mean by "airbag malfunction"??

Does the Driver Airbag Inflate as you are driving or there is any warning light issue?

Thanks for your advise. My husband had earlier posted on the wall of Nissan Micra FB page. Due to fear of loosing fans they blocked his postings on their nissan FB pages.  

@Rachna: I think a strongly worded 'notice' from a lawyer is the only thing that will waken the service and company from it's slumber. Keep a detailed record of the number of times the car has been sent to service and what defects have surfaced and when. 

@Rachna: I think a strongly worded 'notice' from a lawyer is the only thing that will waken the service and company from it's slumber. Keep a detailed record of the number of times the car has been sent to service and what defects have surfaced and when. 

Thats a good suggestion to take the bull by the horn. I would also suggest that you approach the media for a press/electronic media coverage. The facts, figures, pictures can be readied for the media onslaught.

Nissan is aiming to capture a slice of the lower end market from MSIL, with the Micra and the Rs 2.5- 4L entry models to be introduced soon.With these kind of products God may help them.

Thanks for your advise. My husband had earlier posted on the wall of Nissan Micra FB page.?Due to fear of loosing fans they blocked his postings on their nissan FB pages.??
You may contact CNBC Awaaz for their PAHREDAR program.@PAHREDAR.

I have seen this program, they are providing a good platform to consumers to redress their complaints.

Write a complaint to the headoffice , and as like others said, do talk with them throughout a lawyer or a media person. And do not drive you ride anymore till you get back the expected result. I"would suggest deccan chronicle incase of a chances for the media.