NikhilKhedkar

i20 Front wheel brakes

For the last few weeks, I have started noting that both the front wheels of my i20 Asta are coated with a thin layer of oil. This was apparent because it accumulates lots of dust and the alloys look all dull. The frount wheels have disc brakes. The car comes with ABS with EBD. Any clue why would it be leaking oil?

Don't worry it brake dust I get it on my i20 every now and then it generally happen when the discs are too cold (at start up). To avoid this brake dust formation you should take it easy on the braking untill it warms up . Try early braking for 5 mins from start up . After Discs are in operation temprature then the dust formation is less.

IMO, It could be the due to the collection of Brake Pad Dust alongwith the Rim circumference, which is probably due to Heavy & repeated Braking at High Speeds.

As this dust is very fine metallic in its texture so it gives the feel of an Oily substance, but Leakage of Brake fluid is a Remote possibility.

This happens in almost all cars & Seen this in my car too.
dr_nishu2011-04-15 18:40:17