Sign in to follow this  
arun1987c

Dedicated for Zen lovers

Hi Guys,

I have seen a dedicated thread for Zen lovers, where they can discuss about the preformance mods and cosmetics too... So I would like one such in our forum too...

Guys share about your zen babies here... waiting to see a lot of interesting information about the zens ACIANs have...

let me start had 3-5 zen over a period of 10 years. 3 petrol including 1 ATsmiley19.gif and 2 zen diesel. I loved the diesel more than the petrol because to be honest diesel was the only one i drove, tried the AT but autos would eventually overtake me. No one likes a auto honking at you do they ?

the only mod done to zen D was a customized free-low.

@ sarabjeet - I never knew that zen came with AT option... And the initial diesel model of zen were not successful rite. Once the facelift was done, a new engine was installed and that model was running well. Is the diesel zens available in used car market now?

As im planning to buy a zen and make some mods to it. Can zen owners give a approximate budget for the listed mods

Alloys (13") and rubber

Mufler (end can)

Air filter

Steering wheel

And also suggest some best brand options for these mods.

Better stay away from old Lancers. They are trouble makers and service/spares are not good either. You will get good zen at that price. Or can get esteems. That is also a good car to tweak. 

If  by Zen  you mean the older one with Jelly bean headlight then count me in as a fan!

I had owned this car untill last year . The car is very sporty and somehow its engine had the peppiness that the smaller hatchbacks still lack the 997cc engine was fugral but you always smile when pushing it to the limit .

A 13'' alloys for a set of 5 will cost from 13-16k .

The best mod is to stiffen up the rear suspension as it gets too bouncy at higher speeds .

A good muffler end cap will cost 2k ,but its better you go for a free flow (exhaust job) for 10k you will have great performance .

As for air filter there are many bands which have CAI as well as stock replacement filter for Zen.

My relative has a 1997 model Zen and was amazed by its G series engine - Rev happy is pure owners delight coupled with a slick gearshift  - what more can one ask?

None of the engines(under 10 lacs) I have come across have  such a beautiful sound track.I wish I could own one somedaysmiley1.gif

I got 2006 Zen

Added-

K&N - Darshan tyres 3.4k

Plati alloys 12" - Darshan tyres 10.5k

Spoiler

Hella Fogs - Commet 550 - 2.4k

Chinease Fm transmetter - As my ICE is old. Now can use USB and Ipad - 700 Rs

Its just fun to drive in city

body kit along with customized free flow apart from music system. I sold the car around 6-7 years ago. Had it for 3 years and did almost 80K kms on it. It was getting old.