Sign in to follow this  
Aerospeedcars

Performance & Mods THREAD

Choose your brand, then go with your own project.  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Choose your brand, then go with your own project.

• Hyundai
    • Maruthi
    • Audi
    • Volvo
    • Skoda
    • Tata
    • Toyota
    • Volkswagen
    • Chevrolet
    • Porsche
    • Premier
    • Nissan
    • Rolls-Royce
    • Lexus
    • Fiat
    • Mitsubishi
    • Mercedes-Benz
    • Jaguar
    • Renault
    • Land-Rover
    • Mahindra
    • Ford
    • HM
    • Honda
    • BMW

tunning a german ? Now that needs guts Aerospeed. smiley17.gif

I would tune a jap or Indian car any day. Maybe Tata. but then again i am not a tunning kind of guy. I like OE with lets say non-performance oriented changes.

Good thread. I believe in modifications but only those no-nonsense ones. The little modification that I have on my car includes a platinum spark plug and a k&n replacement filter which is rarely used. And yes, engine oil is better than service center's.

Getting good modification products is costly as compared to the improvement. Plus there is the fear of loosing your value and warranty. Plus manufacturer provide less flexibility these days.

I would go for Lancer, my all time favourite... Im at learning stage, so the performance modification that i say is out of observations from others. Correct me, if i go wrong in some places. I would like to install FFE, NOS, CAI, wide body kit, 15" alloys with low profile tyres, WRC spoiler. And for the interiors momo steering wheel and pedals, sparco racing seats... smiley4.gif

Arun@

If the NOS system is not installed properly, it will reduce the engine performance by 20X times worser.

sarabjeet, sb-alto@ You both are correct./

Lancer is my alltime favourite, i have petrol and diesel version aswell. One for the sporty(diesel) and other for the commercial smooth usage(petrol). Upside down smiley2.gifAerospeedcars2011-04-19 19:31:17

Only FFE is nothing. You need proper headers. Add to that ventilated discs all around, ceramic brakes, Exedy clutch, some 4000K HIDs, a roll cage and get rid of every other part that adds weight. No  body kit or fancy spoilers. May be a bigger radiator and proper CAI insulation. And do not forget your can of Mobil1 or Castrol edgesmiley4.gif

Have a look into this below link, it says that the modifications for car has to be done after getting approval from the govt.

http://business.rediff.com/report/2010/may/12/auto-modified-cars-need-government-nod.htm

BornFree2011-04-20 18:05:22

Saw the thread. two things stand out:

Stylish spoilers, low ground clearance, husky

engine noise, sporty headlamps and huge alloy wheels are some of the

things that make up a modified car.

The checks need to be done to establish the fact that structural changes and engine modifications have been made.

You need to be as per the rules. Obviously if you modify the engine then it must be ensured that the pollution norms are met.

Headlamps - 100/90W are illegal. Even HIDs are a grey area. The law says HID only for Low Beam (unless they are projectors). Toyota Altis has this combo of HID and Tungsten. The replacement of a stock bulb with an HID lamp sits in the grey area, since the housing may not be designed for the HID. An HID replacement of an H4 without a Tungsten is definitely illegal. In the US there are HID/Tungsten replacements to comply with the high beam requirement.

sgiitk2011-04-21 05:35:59

I would really like to go in for a heavily tutored Skoda Octavia RS with following mods :-

Engine

Inter cooled Turbo charger 15 psi

Custom free-flow headers

Air filter

Re weiring

Remapped ECU

Stage 3 clutch

New deferential

New Short ratio gear box.

Wheels

B16 suspension

17'Inch alloys