capacities under 1.2 and 1.5 litres for petrol and diesel, respectively,
the car would enjoy benefits of a low excise duty of just 10%, as
opposed to 22% on bigger cars. Only the Indigo CS can boast of the same
privilege so far.  This would mean that the Dzire could start at an
all-new price that is substantially lower than the current model and we
estimate a cost benefit of around Rs. 30,000 to 40,000 to the customer

According to sources, the shortened Dzire will be
ready for production in November 2011 but the actual launch is likely to
happen in January 2012 at the Auto Expo in New Delhi.

Source:ACI

After seeing the above picture, it seems Maruti Suzuki has taken an oath to produce more uglier models then their predecessors.

This looks like a Swift Dzire Compact Sedan variant.The present model looks better than this new model which i guess will be based on the all new Swift.The rear spoiler or lip in the boot looks hideous.Maruti should have reatained the current length of the outgoing Dzire which would have gelled well with the overall length of the New Swift .I wonder how it will compete with Indigo Manza,Ford Fiesta Classic, Nissan Sunny,all new Skoda Rapid in terms of interior space,fit and finish and overall refinement.Looks like Maruti will introduce the beige interiors in New Dzire as per the scoop pic.

I hope it doesnt start competing with its sibling, the New Swift
swiftvxi062011-04-26 09:12:32

This looks UGLY . Now whats the difference between Swift and Dezire. I think Customers will prefer spending additional  40k rather than getting an UGLY Cut down version.

I don't think a proper market study has been done. I am sure 90% people will say no to this model

MSIL have done the brilliant job of Integrating the boot smothly in a hatchback, at least better than current Dzire in which boot Overhang looks & feels much disproportionate(leading to its wobbly handling & poor braking).

Its Tail-lamps & Bootlid lip looks very much like Kizashi's bits.

Interiors also seems to be well done with Beige shade used, Overall contributing to a Irresestible buy.

Really MSIL didn't wants to miss the opportunity this time to Study, design & launch the Sedan later on, after launching the hatchback first.

-So 'India's 1st Sporty Compact sedan is Coming soon'.

I too agree with Nishu.

The upcoming ANSwift's back won't appeal to many. For a little more, they can have a bigger & booted Swift. I feel, this is better than current DZire.

This would help Suzuki to price it lower than Etios, Manza, Fiesta©, Sunny(may be).

On a whole, I would consider this car if its going to come along new Swift. Hope Nishu also would do that.

PS

A small after market work can make your Swift looks good and also spacious like this.

20110426_095536_swiftCS.jpg
creativebala2011-04-26 09:56:11

On the lighter side, can someone tell me how this is different from the current Swift (or even the new Swift) ?

Personally, I did not like it.  Nor, I welcome this strange-looking  in-between the Swift and big-bro Dzire, notwithstanding the 30K to 40K difference.  

Why MS want to do a TataMotors ?  Have they ran out of ideas ?  Or, is there any dearth of new models from Suzuki stable ? 

I see no problem with the car. It is just as disappointing as its predessor. Buyers will gladly put up with the dull looks for the bargain price they are providing. As we already know, the priority ix not on the looks and luxury in this segment.

According to sources, the shortened Dzire will be ready for production in November 2011 but the actual launch is likely to happen in January 2012 at the Auto Expo in New Delhi.

Source:ACI

smiley6.gif with these dates,

especially after seeing the status of the car shown in the pic, like Plastic seat protecting covers on the Seats, well finished Interiors, Clean build with clean body lines, etc. all hinting towards its much near launch than expected over its hatchback version which is still roaming on NCR roads with camouflaging stickers.

Hope, MSIL understands the practice of launching the Sedan first than hatchback(on which its based) like its rivals Toyota et al.

On a whole' date=' I would consider this car if its going to come along new Swift. Hope Nishu also would do that.
[/quote']

You've read my mind, bala..

Afterall its a sedan with Spacious boot, better Interiors, feel & most Important the 'Sedan Status' associated with it, all at the price of Hatchback.

I think this is a photoshop job of the new Swift and rear end of Fabia that's been 'fused'. the boot lip spoiler of the first pic is missing in the pic posted by CB.

I just edited the boot & the car looked so good inline with the earstwhile SRV. I love it.

Somehow, to me it looks cute. I think the backlight has also been redesigned. With those large headlights and tiny rear, its looking rather sporty. Only if the roof had a slope at the back..

I really liked the design. according to me the whole concept was to make it cheap, affordable, perfect car for family of 4, and to eat into the segment of other premium hatches like polo, i20, fabia etc.  

I think it can be called "Duckback"; coz that's what it resembles. From hatchback, notchback and now a "duckback". It's Maruti's 'Dzire' to steal Tata's (CS) thunder. Next, they may be they'll give a 'Thule' roof storage as option instead giving a boot that would make more sense as the traffic density in the cities increase.

I liked the new Dezire. It looks better than the current model. Looks sportier.

MSIL can even make either a mini SUV /MPV/ estate version with the same length. It will be a cheaper alternative for the SX4 hatch which they are bit afraid of launching in India. The front portion of the car is more digestable with an MPV/SUV like vertical back. If they  make such a product it will definitely be a good competitor for the upcoming mini Xylo MPV. Can any photoshop gurus in this forum render such a design?

This photo of Dzire was taken in sector 18 - Maruti's Test track( according to a Team Bhp member).This car may be  a pre production version to check camber settings, handling, shut lines and other  last minute quality  checks before green signal is given for production -hence plastic seat covers etc.

This really looks nice. Definitely better than the current Dzire. The boot integration is seamless and goes well with the design. I currently have a petrol Swift hatch. But if this car is going to be worth it, I'll sure think of buying a diesel one smiley1.gif

Hope we get more spy shots. And i really hope that the rattles are taken care of. I'm impressed with the way they have succeeded in cancelling the rattles from the new Wagon R. Hope the same is done to this new kid too...

Doesn't that boot look like a formality,like what Tatas have done in case of Indigo CS-in fact,they have done it in a better way.What is that boot on this DZire...have the maruti designers tried to have the look of a porsche Panamera above the rear arches..it looks like a failed attempt...smiley36.gif

2012 Maruti Swift Dzire(Swift 3.99) Test Run begins:

The car that had a lot of eye brows raised on the benefits of the lower tax rates due to the under 4 metre length, the 2012 Swift Dzire is now under test runs in the Manesar Factory of Maruti Suzuki.

The factory which has faced a lot of labour protests in the recent past and had been producing the Swift hatchback, A-Star hatchback and the SX4 sedan, is now testing the under 4 metre Dzire built based on the swift platform. This means that the car could be released much prior to the Delhi Auto Expo. Factory workers are calling it the Swift 3.99 where the latter denotes the sedan

2012 Maruti Swift Dzire(Swift 3.99) Test Run begins:

The car that had a lot of eye brows raised on the benefits of the lower tax rates due to the under 4 metre length, the 2012 Swift Dzire is now under test runs in the Manesar Factory of Maruti Suzuki.

The factory which has faced a lot of labour protests in the recent past and had been producing the Swift hatchback, A-Star hatchback and the SX4 sedan, is now testing the under 4 metre Dzire built based on the swift platform. This means that the car could be released much prior to the Delhi Auto Expo. Factory workers are calling it the Swift 3.99 where the latter denotes the sedan

New compact Swift Dzire launch likely in the next 2 months. Trial production begins;

Maruti Suzuki is planning to launch the compact version of its Dzire entry-level sedan during the Delhi Auto Expo in January 2012. But, the launch could be even earlier (November/December 2011), as the trial productions of this car has already begun at Maruti Suzuki