TSiVipul

Your top speed ever?

Good morrow friends:

We all have a love for speed,acceleration,and somewhere hilly roads in our mind,though some of us may hide it,so today I have some questions here and I'll be happy if everyone answers it with full enthusiasm and to best of their knowledge:-

1)What is the fastest you have ever driven(city/highway and hills all three)and where and which car/bike?

2)For how long you maintained this speed(because its easy to touch the speed but hard to maintain it)?

3)Which car/bike do you feel is the most exciting one?

4)Which is your favorite road and why?

My answers answers are as follows:-

1)Mine are City-110kph an my sold Swift,120 on my Pulsar 200.

Highway-185kph in my Laura TSi,160kph on my friend's Ninja 250.(both on NH-28)

Hills-100kph near Shimla in mu Swift,90 on my pulsar 200 on Dehradun-Mussoorie road.

2)In city none maintained for even a single kilometer.

On highway 185 in Laura for 13 kilometers(isn't it an achievement?)

160 on bike for about 2 kilometers.

On hills none is maintained for even 250 meters.

3)In my views the most exciting car is M800 and bike is HH Splendor,because they both at low speeds offer the thrill that their bigger siblings don't offer at even the double speeds.

4)Favorite road is Rohtang-Ladakh stretch because its simply exotic.

I love to drive fast but I always drive in a restrained manner never exceeding speed limit in city   because you never now when a moron will cut across your path in our crowded city or even highway.So my top speed will always be same or  below legal speed limit in our country

+1 to Golf

The best highway which is mumbai-pune expressway doesn't allow a speed higher than 80 kmph. I do not doubt their intentions to set these limits. Because when you drive at higher speeds , you risk others' life. Indian roads are not meant for fast drive. If one really want to enjoy high speeds, he should afford to do it on race tracks only.

@Friends:

You both are right,its best as well as safest to be with the traffic speed,whatever it is.But what to do with those naughty horses under the hood when they see an empty stretch of the road...just once check your memories and you will also find some fast moments.

@Driftpunk:

What I have felt in the HC i-vtec is that the car is well planted till 150,quite planted till 160,somewhat rebel at 170...above that I hadn't dare to go.

How does it feel at 190 or +?

I felt pretty confident uptill 175-180 kmph, after that I had to take a decision to test the limits of the car. The road quality matters ALOT on such speeds. I have noticed that the car attains 160+ speeds very easily on some roads.

Honda City i-vTec - 193 kmph

I remember reading somewhere that after a certain speed fuel supply in Honda city gets stopped automatically and that speed is below what you have quoted here. Correct me if i am wrong?

@Ashikawa:

You may be right,as I have heard about this fuel supply cut-off first time.But yes its true that HC don't do 190+ speeds but its possible to see these speeds on the speedo,reason-Have you ever heard about speedo errors??Real speed is not what you see on the speedo and at such high speeds this error can go up to 10 kph also.

@Driftpunk:

I agree with you that at such speeds road matters too much,but its also a fact that 150 comes in a HC in no time and you also don't feel it too..same is with me in my Laura.In my every trip I promise myself not to exceed 110(my personal speed limit).When comes the highway,my companions always tell me about 170-180 kph that I have done on any xyz stretch(empty) and I don't even feel it..LAURA IS DAMN STABLE.

Also what is the FE of your City?Since my brother-in-law too bought a HC S variant,and he says that the car delivers only 10-11kpl(the car has clocked only 6.5k kms)!!TSiVipul2011-05-01 07:29:23

I remember reading somewhere that after a certain speed fuel supply in Honda city gets stopped automatically and that speed is below what you have quoted here. Correct me if i am wrong?

Correct - partially !! The ECU cuts off the Petrol supply at 195 kmph. I only managed to get 192-193 kmph.

Yes you might have read it on ACI or TBhp. I have posted there a few months back. Here's the ACI link to that page - ACI Link driftpunk2011-05-01 07:33:40

But Honda says that City does only 190...ans speedo can display 200+,then I think the fuel supply may get cut-off when the speedo touches 195 mark.TSiVipul2011-05-01 07:37:25

@TSIVipul - No, its not 190 kmph. Never! I have done above 190 quite a few times. I think the ECU cutoff is also tuned for various countries. City i-Vtec goes to 200 kmph in some countries. Here's a video link --

Yes, another thing that I have in mind is the error in the speed reported by the speedo. An accurate one would be a digital speedo. driftpunk2011-05-01 07:47:23

Correct - partially !! The ECU cuts off the Petrol supply at 195 kmph. I only managed to get 192-193 kmph.

Yes you might have read it on ACI or TBhp.

Yes exactly i read it in one of your post in ACI only. Though i was unable to recollect the speed mentioned there. Thanks for sharing this information.

@Driftpunk:

Have i read that "Honda cars are most unstable?smiley37.gifsmiley36.gif,I agree with anyone saying this,only condition is that just take out the air from all the tyres of Hondas then they are really unstable,but even then more stable then many others,am I right?

You haven't yet told me about the FE of your car.

It is also true that HC can do 200 in many countries but what I want to say is the speedo error concept,CORRECT ME IF I AM WRONG. TSiVipul2011-05-01 07:53:46

Also what is the FE of your City?Since my brother-in-law too bought a HC S variant' date='and he says that the car delivers only 10-11kpl(the car has clocked only 6.5k kms)!![/quote']

Oh, that is very low FE. I am getting great Fuel Efficiency Figures ever since I bought my Honda. I-Vtec has revolutionized the trade-off between Power and FE. I usually get 16+ kmpl in city. On highways there is no barrier to the km's per litre. The i-vtec is all about your foot on the pedal. The real-time fuel consumption display has helped me to make my driving fuel efficient.

The highest till date, I have achieved a fuel efficiency of 26.7 kmpl on a stretch of approx 47 kilometers. Yea, I know its unbelievable, but fudgin awesome! Here's the video link --

This is the link to my City ownership thread - DriftPunk - Honda City S MT Ownership Thread smiley2.gif

@Driftpunk:

10 kpl is really very low...even my laura gives me 14-15 0n highway and 10-11 in city.

I think you have got a bit too excited while typing...isn't it an overkill 26.7 in a Honda city....I am just thinking how you would have been able to drive a Honda City at 50-60 kph on an empty road...

After reading your ownership thread I came to know from where this 26.7 has came,even I too have taken such FE from my BIL's HC...Tell me the real world data bro.

Once I too showed my BIL 25 in the same display,and after two days he angrily said..DUS HI DETI HAI YAAR..TSiVipul2011-05-01 08:22:40

-TSIVipul -- Ahaha! I had anticipated your reaction. Thats why I included the video link. I was driving at 60 kmph to 80 kmph. It all depends on how much you press the pedal. The greatest feature of this car is its ability to sustain the speed without the need to keep the pedal pressed. Just a li'l touch on the pedal is enough!

mine are-200kph with cruise control on for about 20-30 kms in my chevy cruze in nh7.120kph in the city in my santro and hills-125kph in my cruze. [;)]

My top speed was 160kmph in my Grande punto mjd(emotion pack).

Sustained that speed for about 10mins d longest 25kms.

On d 4 lane road between dindivanam and pondy.

The car was extremely stable during speed and hard braking.

I simply love my punto.

My top speed is 180kmph on Mumbai - Goa highways in i20 CRDi

Earlier the Mumbai-Pune expressway was too skiddy to do top speed on but I managed a 130kmph on my old Zen which was going down hill.

On a bike the max I have reached is about 80kmph ,which is a safe speed for my confidence.

Well,today done my fastest ever in my friend's Honda Accord V6 at 210 kph on Delhi-Dehradun highway,maintained for not even 5 seconds since there was mild traffic..but damn sure,it was a suicidal attempt in presence of the traffic..and today onwards I'll always praise Honda for giving us V6 performance at such a low price(I felt it low for the performance on offer).