TSiVipul

Your top speed ever?

Hey Every one!! a guy on youtube claimed that Laura TSI had an limited speed of 200km/h which was kind of hard for me to believe.

So, on one fine sunday i set out on noida expressway and touched about 207km/h but couldn't maintain it for more than 3 seconds as there was traffic..

check out the video:-

and i also have a 2000 model honda city with cng and i did 160km/h and it was still going which was a surprise for me.

Your top speed actually decreases the more you start to love your car 'n know your car.

I have driven like Maniac before, you can imagine, I've driven Omni at more  than 110, but now a days I fear 80+ on an Omni. Now what ever the vehicle be, how good the power/braking/Tyres be, I stay at around 130. So take that as my current season's Max.

-Swift VDi -142kmph & Zen LX -135kmph, both on Highway.

Haven't dared to push my Alto LXi beyond 110kmph, due to its over-strained engine & scary handling at that speeds.

-My Pulsar 180 to upto 115kmph only in both City & Highways.

-My favourite Road is offcourse Rohtang-Ladakh Highway, but I'm yet to explore it. 

-Swift VDi -142kmph & Zen LX -135kmph' date=' both on Highway.

Haven't dared to push my Alto LXi beyond 110kmph, due?to its over-strained engine & scary handling at that speeds.

-My Pulsar 180 to upto 115kmph only in both City & Highways.

-My favourite Road is offcourse Rohtang-Ladakh Highway, but I'm yet to explore it.?

?
[/quote']

@Dr-Nishu:

You really need to explore that highway,its the real beauty of India..it has a superb air about it...simply the best road to drive in India.

And yes,you don't need any 4X4 for the purpose I did it once in a Pajero,but after that in a Swift then Honda City and at last in my i10...and it was easy every time.

@TSivipul;

Yes Rohtang-Ladakh tour is on my cards once after buy my new car, which is going to happen very soon.

My friend have gone there on his Pulsar 220 for three times in consecutive years.

1st time for Fun & Pleasure;

2nd time to click his pic(as he forgot 1st time) like to that of 'MTV-fame Rannvijay on his Karizma' for Roadies at the rivershore there&

3rd time, it was his Casual tour.

@Dr_Nishu:

Before going on the tour just take care of:

1)the weather conditions,because you can't play with nature there.

2)Inquire about if the route is opened or not.

3)Better take someone who knows it well if you are first timer.

4)Better get your car serviced and thoroughly checked up before going,as one can't afford a breakdown there.

Let me share my overall experiance(National + International).

280kmph in Busa(abroad0.

230kmph in Camry(abroad).

190kmph in verna crdi

190kmph in Indian Lancer.

139kmph in R15.

128kmph in Karizma r.

85kmph in scooty pep+.

smiley36.gif yet to continue my journey later with the updated info

Today I too tried to make a new record by pushing my Laura TSi to its limits,but unfortunately I brushed it into a parked truck and then faced abusing by the truck driver and other road-mates who called me a nonsense spoilt child and much more in an angry tone.

How it happened:On NH-24 I took the Khatauli  bye pass for my speed testing.I started the car and made it accelerate in a mad manner disturbing everyone and honking a lot.As soon as I caught 160,I tried to overtake a truck(doing nearly 80),then came out a Tata Ace from the front of the truck(it gave side to the truck).I braked as hard as possible and when I felt that now everything is out of my hands I took a sharp left turn and pulled my handbrakes too.

Result:Since I have quite practice of drifting too,so the car was controlled at the time but brushed hard a stationary truck.The guy sitting with me having camcorder in hand got injured on his head and Laura got nearly whole of its front left dented with all the panels broken,airbags deployed leading to zero injury to me(seat belts are always tied by me)..

A WORD OF ADVICE:Never over-speed even on the empty stretches,you don't know what comes from where.

TSiVipul2011-05-08 13:48:36

@Vipul I hope you and your friend are ok. Sorry to hear about your car getting damaged but atleast you learnt a valuable lesson about not messing around on the Indian Highways which are extremely dangerous as mentioned by you yourself in this example.

I am not a fan of this topic hence stayed away from commenting till now. Anyways, hope you guys are doing ok and post some pics of the damage faced by the car.

@Asethi:

I am simply in a mint condition with not even a single dent or scratch on my body and my paint is as shiny as it was when I was brand new...smiley36.gif

When it comes to friend,how much ok you would be if your head has hit a metal with a big bang...same is my friend's condition..its seemingly drowsy..

Even I too wanna post some pics but here are three faults:

1)I don't know how to do.

2)My BSNL 3G is broken and Photon Whiz is slow enough not allowing me upload the pics.

3)I too don't know what to do...even I am also fed up showing false smile to everybody...TSiVipul2011-05-08 15:33:21

I am simply in a mint condition with not even a single dent or scratch on my body and my paint is as shiny as it was when I was brand new...smiley36.gif

Its relief to know that you and your friend are safe. I read your story and can understand that how far this could have gone if your brakes and airbags or your body did not respond properly at that time. Leave it. You are safe and you have not injured anybody else, is more important. So i think now you will never test your speed on indian roads. Better join some racing club.

Last month i too just escaped from the clutches of a big accident while driving my polo. Luckily both me and my polo escaped untouched. I keep myself more vigilant from that day onwards.ashikawa2011-05-08 17:01:24

Today I too tried to make a new record by pushing my Laura TSi to its limits' date='but unfortunately I brushed it into a parked truck [/quote']

Never try to touch/cross the limits Intentionally atleast on our Indian conditions, as mistake or any mishappening always happens at that time.

But if then there's the urge to do that then do it with Extreme extreme caution.

Thankgod you're saved & escaped unhurt.

@Ashikawa&Dr_Nishu:

Being true,I am even now in a shock,those 2-3 seconds were extremely horrifying and when I came out of my car after accident I needed to drink a lot of water and even then I was shivering.

It took me about 4-5 minutes to come back into senses..and then I saw my friend's head bleeding..again I was out of mindsmiley36.gif..now I am feeling like laughing on thinking it..

Really,its a fact that there is a very small line between style and nonsense..and yesterday I crossed it,but what I really accept is that "whatever car you may be in,at such elevated speeds the car really don't give you any chance".

I still remember,when I took the left turn(to save the Ace,and the road was turning too)even after the hard braking my car overtook the Ace,on one side there was a ditch,other side was the moving truck and my car was facing the stationary truck in perpendicular manner(I would have rammed straight into its rear wheels).What is traction control,ABS,etc etc..I don't know because everything was out of my hands and the car was simply out of control with me and my friend shouting inside.Then my drifting practice came into use,I turned the steering into right as much as possible and with full handbrake made my car drift towards the truck with a left turn of wheel.

Result:Instead of hitting the truck straight on the the car hit its front bumper..and we were safe..

TSI@ 1)Highways should have 3tracked system on a single road, i.e Highspeed, medium speed, and the last one for trucks. But no one is following this in india. so we are not in the safest country first. Sad Truth!

---------------------------------------------------------

arun@ I have done this on Chennai to Hyd highway.

@Vipul

Thank god, You 'n your friend are safe.

This is a lesson for many of us. We are in India, where a TVS 50 guy would suddenly crop in when we are over 150. There won't be any use of ABS, Airbags, ESP,..

Now what ever the vehicle be' date=' how good the power/braking/Tyres be, I stay at around 130. So take that as my current season's Max.[/quote']

So guys, follow me

Our highway aren't fenced expcept for express ways. Its better to keep your speed at a limit where u can control the car. Remeber Indian law doesn't support the driver in case of an accident even if it isn't your mistake

@Friends:

I too agree with all you people,its better for us to follow the speed limit.

@Creativebala:

Its great that I and you both have same personal speed limit ie:130.When someone really wants to give a surprise by coming in front of the car..then even 80 is also dangerous..TSiVipul2011-05-10 02:52:16

130 in Alto (Mumbai-Pune Express Hghway)

110 on my Royal Enfield (E. Express Highway, Mumbai) 

120+ in WagonR (Mumbai-Pune Express Highway)

wish to drive BMW or Merc on Mum-Pune Express Highway