vshreyas

Which car to buy at 6 to 6.5lakhs

Alright, Im a first time car buyer so really don't have much knowledge. My family is looking for a sedan more than a hatchback just because it'll give the royal feel to it but ofcourse we're open to hatchbacks if they offer features better than sedans. The car of course will be chauffeur driven since none of us know driving and even myself am not every confident about it, we're looking for something with plush interiors, good legroom in the back & decent mileage. I've checked out the Dzire but not impressed with its looks and interiors, Checked out the Ford Fiesta Classic, I was impressed but didn't blow me away. Keeping Toyota Etios out of the list cause I hate the instrument cluster in the middle and also its looks. How about the Manza, Polo, Verna, i10 Automatic & Ford Figo.

Thread moved.
BornFree2011-05-02 03:38:32

For your budget, you will not get good, fully loaded sedan except basic model of Manza. Better you buy Bigger hatch. Two options evolve: 1. I-20 for petrol and 2. Figo, if you are deciding Diesel.

I have not selected Polo, I-10 for lower space at rear seat, compared to I-20 and Figo.

Alternatively try to find a low mile used car, best option will be 2007-08 made Honda city GXi. Best of luck.

With 6.5 or 7 lacs never go for a second hand car. Check out Polo 1.2 HL/1.6(if you can increase your budget) & Punto Emotion / Emotion pack. Test drive yourself and you will forget all other names.As far as rear seat legroom is concerned. First adjust driver seat to your comfort and then check it. Both this cars will not let you down on this department too.

Alright thanks for all the replies. We checked out the Ford Fiesta CLASSIC CLXi model. That's the second variant out of the 3variants available in petrol, how's this model. We also test drove the DZIRE, personally I dont like the looks nor much of the interiors but is it good, if we buy the DZIRE we may end up buying either the second variant of petrol or diesel. Another quick question. Which should I go for Petrol or Diesel? I'll be using it for about 30kms a day or much less somewhere around 15-20kms most of the time & all in the city? Which would be better for me?

Alright thanks for all the replies. We checked out the Ford Fiesta CLASSIC CLXi model. That's the second variant out of the 3variants available in petrol' date=' how's this model. We also test drove the DZIRE, personally I dont like the looks nor much of the interiors but is it good, if we buy the DZIRE we may end up buying either the second variant of petrol or diesel. Another quick question. Which should I go for Petrol or Diesel? I'll be using it for about 30kms a day or much less somewhere around 15-20kms most of the time & all in the city? Which would be better for me?[/quote'] I don't know much about fiesta.I sat once in this car and found it very luxurious and comfortable compare to swift dezire , which is disintegrated boot pasted on the swift. Looks ugly and no highway manners and promised bumpy ride(No offence to dezire owners). But FORD is known as drivers car, also the build quality , fit & finish is a way better than the Dezire. Though as far as petrol engine is concerned the dezire has a efficient 1.2 K series engine, whereas the fiesta has a powerful 1.6 duratec petrol which will give real pleasure of driving a sedan . With your running requirement petrol is better option for you. Diesel car cost 1 lac more for the same model also it has higher cost to maintain than a petrol.ashikawa2011-05-02 16:42:36

what about the honda jazz. It gives me around 15kmpl, that too in the hills. I found the interior quality even better that the honda city. The base model costs 7.3l but it has all the safety equipment standard. My cousin bought it last month and got 30k cash discount.

The only 2 cars in market today to satisfy your needs are Manza(D) & Logan(D). Both these cars are good to be chauffered. If I am in your place, I would go for a Manza with my eyes closed. It has got a superior space, Tata's service network 'n cheaper spares, Fiat's reliable engine, better interiors/ exteriors,  loads of Ssppaaccee and yet its cheaper.

Which should I go for Petrol or Diesel? I'll be using it for about 30kms a day or much less somewhere around 15-20kms most of the time & all in the city? Which would be better for me?

Then the Petrol car is best for you & upto the budget of 7 lacs, MS Dzire is the best option available presently, its 1.2l K-series is simply a Gem & it easily outruns other petrol engines in its segment with its Driveability & FE figures.

& its rear seat is well comfortable for upto 5.10 inchers.

But if you can wait, then hang-on till new Hyundai Verna VTVT petrol & New Ford Fiesta arrives as their base versions probably fall in your budget.

These cars are simply worth the wait. 

As the car is Chauffeured I would say go with Manza, it has the best rear seat available.

However I would encourage you to start learning driving. Go to a driving school and within 3 weeks you would be a pretty good driver. After that buy the car, keep a chauffeur  for a month, but you drive with him as much as you can and let him guide. This way you will slowly gain confidence and start really enjoying it, so much that you would never think of chauffeur again!

Alright thanks for the replies. Quick question? What about Fiesta Classic & maintainence & services etc. If I were to buy a hatch back at 5lakhs or so. Which one? Give me a few choices. 

With almost 90% localisation, Fiesta Classic is much lower on Pocket now than before.

It shares most of the parts with Figo like Engine, Gearbox, Dashboard, Steering Wheel, Tyres, Seats & many more which are very much affordable now.

Amongst 5 lacs budget range Ford Figo or MS Ritz diesel are the best options with comfortable Interiors & affordable Ownership.