afterburner

Best Value For Money car in India

whats value for money? doesnt that depend on what you like doing with your car? Id love to have an RS. id say its value for money. nice performance to price ratio. dont care about mileage or rear seats. on the other hand, a family man would probably say some diesel car with lots of space and a low price tag. a Logan D maybe.

well, value for money again depends upon what youre willing to pay. we know the Swift diesel in VDi trim outsells the Swift petrol ZXi, though both are similarly priced, with the ZXi being fully loaded with 2 airbags, ABS and climate control too. but people will still buy the diesel for its superior economy.

i think as far as VFM goes, the new maruti SX4 makes a good case for itself.

Loud Pipe

octavia RS is good but rem thats an old model

And the Rider petrol has the same motor and the same power rem

now if Skoda were to sell the laura petrol RS at that price it would be good value - 200 bhp for 10 lachs

Fabia RS would be even better !

P One

Swift diesel is expensive too - its a great car - but with such little space

what about the Innova guys ?

lots of value here too

Okay lets forget ability for a second

Can you beat the Logan 1.4 petrol for value ????

@ afterburner. i didnt say the swift diesel was good value for money.

as far as the logan 1.4 is concerned, i dont really see too many wanting to buy the car despite its price, because it comes across as a "cheap car." value for money also needs to take in the "bling aspect". indians like low-cost cars, but like to feel like theyre paying for more, and with cars still perceived as a luxury, with a lot of aspirational value attached, the logan bombs then and there.

i completely agree with p_one. you do get quite a bit of car for your money with the Logan 1.4, but, theres no desirability factor. it looks cheap and the cost cutting measures are in plain view.

At the risk of being flamed. I think Tata offer the most car for your money.

Let me add that you also get more problems per car if you are particularly unlucky. The lemon population in Tata is alarmingly high.

But problems apart, the Indica sells only on its price.

FRG
FuelRunGod2007-08-30 15:42:56

VFM is tough to define, with Price, Performance, Durability, Cost of Ownership, Quality of Service, all contributing to the appeal of a particular vehicle. Everyone has his own matrix.

Looking at the lower to mid segment. Marutis tend to age better, while Hyundais offer better creature comforts. Fiats were supposedly fantastic with zero service, and so on.

QoS can vary from Town to town. In most smaller (if 1 million+ can be called that) you may not have more than one (or at most two) dealerships. If you go outside then spares may take days to arrive.

Overall I will vote for the Tata cars because by all accounts they offer fantastic value for money, and are relatively inexpensive to operate and maintain.

Hi, I think that this topic doesnt make sense because customer is choosing a kaana raja between all the andhaas coz all of them will burn a hole in your pocket. Look at cars like Toyota Corolla which are ideally VFM but certainly not at $20,000+ or even Mahindra Logan @ $10,000+? The middle cl*** is still deprived of the comforts of technology. Add to that indian auto giants like Mahindra selling their better cars/ tractors in foreign countries and having fun with their monopoly as indian co.s. WHEN WILL WE WAKE UP???    smiley18.gifsmiley3.gifsmiley19.gif

I have to say the Toyota Corolla. I admit that it isnt the best looking, but the car handles really well around bends. It is kind of quick. It doesnt come in diesel. There is plenty of room inside. The plastics are not of second grade. It is perfect for its price tag.