vignesh

the best fuel economy figure you have achieved

let us all discuss the highest fuel economy figure we have achieved in our cars and bikes etc etc!!!!! [;)] please don't forget to mention the name of the vehicle and where you have achieved it!

well,my figures are-20.7kmpl in my cruze on way to bangalore in nh7 [;)] 19.8kmpl in my city enway to madurai again on nh7.and 20kmpl in my santro enway to pune from hyderabad!!!!

My Xylo E8 gave me 17 to 18 km per litre consistantly since the day of it's purchase.  This is achieved only on highways (between Tirupati and far off places like Ooty, Visakhapatnam, Ongole, Nellore, Ananthapur, Ballary, Hospet etc.,).  It normally gives about 15 kmpl in my town.  I usually drive at 70kmph around which I always get the maximum mileage.  I normally use only one AC and always maintain the correct tyre pressure.   On highways, we always use both ACs.  My vehicle is not having any additional fitments like bullbars, roof-top carriages etc., which will drag down the mileage.  I also do not fill the tank to the brim (why carry additional load, when you find plenty of petrol bunks on highways/towns).   

@rameshbabu-that is indeed a good figure for a massive car like the xylo!!what do you mean by using 1 ac???i got 20.7 in my cruze while doing120.would probably get even better below that speed [;)]

-24kmpl regularly on Highways in my Alto with AC-off(offcourse in winters).

whoa!!24 kmpl1!!!!that is indeed very nice!!my grand father has an alto that just refuses to give more than 17kmpl [:s]

This may sound shocking,but it happened:

Laura TSi:630 kms in just 39 litres of petrol(empty tank method)..means a combined FE of 15+,with no leniency at all.

This is combined of city+highway(night drive) and is quite shocking for me,even Skoda guys were shocked on hearing this.

worst:Just 64 kms in 10 litres of petrol.

Hyundai i10 kappa:19 kpl with ac off on NH-8.

Toyota Innova:14kpl with ac on on NH-24.

Maruti Suzuki Swift VDi:24kpl with ac off on NH-24.

59 kpl(overall) on my pulsar 200.

whoa!!24 kmpl1!!!!that is indeed very nice!!my grand father has an alto that just refuses to give more than 17kmpl smiley5.gif

Usually I drive with very light right foot at Highways with minimal braking.

With AC it drops to 20-21kmpl on the same roads.

Even one of our ACI-colleague(sb-alto) is getting even better FE than this, he gets of around 25kmpl+ on Highways. 

Tips for better Fuel efficiency from your car:

-Drive sedately with minimal Clutch & Brake usage.

-Don't Over-Rev the engine unwantedly.

-Always use tyre with proper tread & Air Pressure.

-Always use Genuine engine oils & other consumables.

-Always get your car serviced from MASC or Authentic Service centre.

With the huge figures being reported here I wish to state the fuel consumption figures of my good old 1955 Landmaster.

It delivers 8-9 kmpl of petrol under ideal driving on city roads! The previous owner who owned it till 2003 told me that when he bought it brand new during Dec 1955 petrol cost Re.0.53 np per litre.Mileage was secondary those days, but the car's ex-showroom price (or rather on-road) and size would no doubt influence the buyer's decision.

[P]Maximim Mileage got from my Fiat Linea MJD' date=' measured by tankful method.[/P']

[DIV]City with Ac - 15 kms/liter[/DIV]

[DIV]?[/DIV]

[DIV]Highways - 21 kms/liter.[/DIV]

where did you achieve the 21 kmpl figure??

FE of my polo tested by tankful method for 390 kms. with driving condition:

Total Kms. 390 Fuel consumed 26.75 ltr. FE- 14.57 kmpl with all the time AC ON .

186 kms   Expressway 80-100 kmph

53 kms Ghat section going up 2nd, 3rd gear 20-30 kmph

33 kms Ghat section going down 5th gear 50-70 kmph

54 kms Extreme Ghat section 1,2,3rd gear 20-30 kmph

64 kms City driving in mumbai with medium trafic and B2B trafic and inside mahabaleshwar city at 30-40kmph speed.

As a car dealer, i cannot talk about the one which gives more in my garage. LOLS. In my personal life, iam not enough lucky about the fuel consumption. My endeavour will not give morethan the 10kmpl, My diesel lancer too the same 10kmpl, my petrol lancer the same 10kmpl, and other non-using cars are just 8kmpl. Well, i dont bother about a consumption, but a performance maniac.

HIGHWAY

i20 CRDi :::: 21.7kmpl :::: ~100kmph :::: NH4 Blr-Chennai :::: 100% AC

WagonR :::: ~20kmpl :::: ~90kmph :::: NH4 Blr-Chennai :::: No AC

Baleno :::: 16kmpl :::: ~100kmph :::: NH4 Blr-Chennai :::: 100% AC

CITY

i20 CRDi :::: 14.5kmpl :::: ~30kmph :::: Bangalore :::: 100% AC

WagonR :::: 13.5kmpl :::: ~30kmph :::: Bangalore :::: 100% AC

Baleno :::: 13kmpl :::: ~30kmph :::: Coimbatore :::: 100% AC

(Is it possible to share file? I maintain a fuel economy tracker sheet (excel) and think some of you guys may find it useful)

@Aerospeedcars: Thanks will do that. However, this method will only give an image/jpeg and no one will be able to edit it.

The credit goes to some website fromwhere I downloaded the basic file and have improvised on that.You can just start punching your details and values in.

Screenshot

File Download link

I expect the link to work and hope some of you may find this useful.

@tsiVipul. Hi!! i find it really hard to believe the figures that you have posted as i own a laura tsi aswell and couldnt get more than 12 kmpl on highway. I agree that the figure is affected by my rash driving style but even if i was driving for efficiency i couldnt have gotten more than 14 kmpl.

did you actually check the efficiency by refilling petrol because usually actual efficiency varies the one displayed on the screen..